[Port][1.7.10] IC2 Classic by Immibis - now 1.7.10

• wouldn't it be simpler to just make a second mod specifically designed to use the original API? Better yet i think all Immibis really has to do is simply port his 1.4.7 Advanced Machines to 1.7.10. It's already got the original API's mappings. So all he would need to do is port it. However that in of itself i won't be surprised is the hard part.

Well, what I could possibly do is make an api that makes the experimental api compatible with the classic api...

• Official Post

That both sounds like a big complicated job, and a wonderful thing.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• And Xbony,what you think about support ic2 classic in NC2?

Nay. Not planned for sure. It would be a lot of work, a possible rewrite, all for something I'm not interested in supporting in the first place. So no.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• immibis what are your plans for this? Are you going to be adding some of the new ic2 exp (minor) functionality or is this strictly a port of the old ic2?

Personally I'd love it if the ejector upgrades were ported, and if the circuits could be ore dictionaried with mekanism circuits. Also the request for macerator recipe nei integration would be nice.

• I will agree there. NC2 is a very useful mod but not useful enough to bother with a rewrite. However instead of a rewrite would porting the 1.4.7 version work? From what i am understanding. This version of IC2 is a base level port of 1.4.7 IC2 with the original API intact or am i missing something?

• This port runs incredibly well, great job immibis! have noticed a few bugs though such as rubber tree leaves having a "2D" and incorrect texture as well as not being able to shift click items into machines and copper ore not being able to be macerated into dust whilst copper ore from forestry works just fine.

• Hey Immibis, if you want to use my method(s) for loading sprites individually from a sheet, you may. All I ask for you to do however, is to just give credit.

(SpriteHelper$CustomSpriteAtlas is the atlas you probably want.)
    https://bitbucket.org/master80…riteHelper.java?at=1.7.10

IC2 Classic already loads sprites from sprite sheets. Why would I want another way of doing the same thing?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Update:

• Fixed rubber tree leaf rendering.
    • Attempted fix for sound-related crashes that I can't reproduce.

Quote from trcx

immibis what are your plans for this? Are you going to be adding some of the new ic2 exp (minor) functionality or is this strictly a port of the old ic2?

Personally I'd love it if the ejector upgrades were ported, and if the circuits could be ore dictionaried with mekanism circuits. Also the request for macerator recipe nei integration would be nice.

Any changes I make would be disliked by someone (Ejector upgrades are OP since they make pipes useless! Circuit ore dictionary is OP because they have different crafting recipes!). The easiest winning move is not to play.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• IC2 Classic already loads sprites from sprite sheets. Why would I want another way of doing the same thing?

Yes IC2 Classic does already have the same functionality, however your methods (from what I've seen in my decompilier) do not seem very modular, nonetheless easy. For example, when you want to register a sprite to Minecraft's internal sheet, you set a class' static field value to be that sheet you want. However my method does not involve those nasty hacks at all. What I do instead is specify the texture sheet, then the icon's name, and lastly register the sprite.

For example:

Your method (not exact, this is from the top of my head):

Mine (again, not exact, and off the top of my head):

If it feels like I'm intruding your space or something, I am sorry, and apologise sincerely in advance.

• I Crafted a Mining drill :Mining Drill: but when i tried to Upgrade it to Diamond :Diamond Drill: it required a fully repaired one which is impossible to get and this applies to all damage value recipes in this mod like the crafting of Nanosuit :Nano-Bodyarmor: and the Quantum Suit :Quantum-Bodyarmor: .

also i checked the recipes for the Macerator :Macerator: and there were no recipes for it like i cant macerate copper ore to dust or use it to anything

even the Compressor is missing its recipes so that makes me unable to make Advanced alloy

Apparently the recipes are there but somehow hidden from Craftguide

all aside thanks for creating this mod :thumbup: i was really bored by the New recipes and stuff

• Official Post

Pretty sure even Covert Jaguar stopped using it, and he was the last person I knew who used it over NEI.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I seem to have found a bug. Neither tin nor copper work in macerators for me at the moment. Couldn't say why. Additionally, though this is a more minor complaint, I can't seem to shift-click things into machines.

Just thought I'd pop in to note these potential problems, and say that this mod is awesome.

• Found a crash from using a hopper on a nuclear reactor.
    http://paste.ee/p/MQqoo
    Might be safe to assume this will happen with all item transport methods.

Also Nukes are only able to be set off by levers. RS torches next to them are ignored. They also ignore TNT explosions and nearby Nuke explosions. CF-Foam does not path find on scaffolding or wires very well. It still sprays a big blob.

• Fixed a bunch of missing recipes in machines, including tin and copper not being able to be macerated.
    • Fixed crash when trying to automate a nuclear reactor with 6 chambers.
    • Still didn't fix shift-clicking, or add RF support, or anything else...

Battery snot included.

• Fixed a bunch of missing recipes in machines, including tin and copper not being able to be macerated.
    • Fixed crash when trying to automate a nuclear reactor with 6 chambers.
    • Still didn't fix shift-clicking, or add RF support, or anything else...

Awesome! Thanks. I'm updating my server now!

• Thanks immibis, you are cool man.
    Also, one of the first posts in this thread was chocohead asking if you can update RP2, then Elo come back, but she is now making her own game, so if you wan't update it or make a port of some basic blocks and please tubes, me and a lot of people'll be happy i think, thanks :).