Little-known GregTech Tricks

• Official Post
    • Snow blocks steam machine vents. Even though it's an eight of a block, and the steam should melt it, GREG :P

This isn't exactly a Trick. Also Snow has a Collision Box therefore it is something that can block the Vent. :P ~Greg

It is a trick, as you'd expect it to work.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Edited 2 times, last by Chocohead ().

• Snow blocks steam machine vents. Even though it's an eight of a block, and the steam should melt it, GREG :P

This isn't exactly a Trick. Also Snow has a Collision Box therefore it is something that can block the Vent. :P ~Greg

It is a trick, as you'd expect it to work.

Are you sure you want to use your new fancy Steam Machine in the Snow? It may be ceasing to function.

• Official Post

It doesn't snow that much really.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

The Steel Wrench deals more damage than a Diamond Sword or Tungstensteel Sword.

Make a tungstensteel wrench then :P

I see this too much.

• But when it does snow, if you get a layer of snow inside your inactive bronze blast furnace, you'll have to tear down the wall and clean it to get it working again...

-You can place, screwdrive and crowbar covers onto all sides of a pipe using only a single face, depending on which part of the face you right click. The center for the side you're using, the sides for the adjacent ones, and the corners for the opposite side. The same goes for changing the facing or output of machines with a wrench.

I thought everyone knew this, but I've seen too many Gregtech videos where the lets players fumble around, wondering why their machine isn't turning properly, or why the placement of covers on pipes is so glitchy and random.

Edit: Derp, one tip per post... Yes, I cheated by combining two into one :rolleyes: . Or does it count as two with the BBF rant? Dammit...

• Official Post
    • Gregtech adds lots of fancy crops to get annoying things, like diamonds
    • IC2 adds crops as well. It's surprising how many people don't believe this without checking :P

I see this too much.

• Official Post
    • Active Bronze Blast Furnaces will "melt" (destroy) weak blocks (wooden like) above them. A 1 block thick layer of stone blocks directly above them is advised for BBFs inside wooden houses.
  • Crops bread to high stats (unlike bees) cost you additional resources to maintain, (and will still plant, but spontaneously die) in harsh environments (or for perfect plants, imperfect environments).

• Not sure if this is the sort of thing we're after, but...

• You can often find both Chrome and Manganese in dungeon chests, making getting stainless steel (qnd an Industrial Centrifuge) early much easier.

I was speaking to somebody the other day complaining about bow difficult it was to get hold of them. Now if only lapis was grindable by hand we could mostly skip the sturdy grinder entirely... :p

• Not Sure how known this is. I've never seen anyone do this,

A small amount of people know you can paint gregtech machines different colors with IC2 Painters. (This also changes interface color.)
    But virtually no one knows you can paint Gregetch pipes different colors to not make them connect just like IC2's wires. This can be very useful to make compact designs.(Note like IC2 Pipes 2 pipes have to be different colors to separate not one colored and the other not)

• Difficulty changes from IC2 that *can't* be changed back in the config (almost everything else can):
    - Resin to Rubber Only in Extractor
    - Diamond Drill Needs Titanium

• If you need to dust grind some alloy like bronze, you get faster processing in grinding full blocks rather ingots. Even after accounting for the compression of ingots to blocks.

Compressing ingots to blocks with an extruder, is much faster than in a compressor.

(bug or intended?): The Universal Macerator does not buffer stack its output slot.