Little-known GregTech Tricks

• Official Post
    • To make circuits now require Red Alloy Plates instead of redstone.
    • Red Alloy Plates need Red Alloy Ingots
    • Red Alloy Ingots require 1 Copper and 4 Redstone to make 1 Red Alloy Ingot in an Alloy Smelter
    • This forces you to make a Steam Smelter (Bronze equivalent of an Alloy Smelter)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

If you put a cover/plate on an Iron Frame, it is still see through from the other side, effectively creating a one-way mirror.

It works more as a one way wall than mirror, as the plate doesn't reflect light (but would be cool if it did). Glowstone plates blend in well with normal blocks if you want a cheap way to hide them.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Not really greg specific, but donning a full hazmat suit makes you immune to lava. Quite useful if you collect lava as fuel, had no idea until I fell in lava after refuelling my reactor.

• Does this count as a GregTech trick? There is a TC crucible recipe 1 iron nugget+ 1 Ordo=1 steel nugget, effectively allowing to make steel from sand by crafting sand into sandstone into smooth sandstone. this is a lot faster than the BBF and you can automate it with this automated alchemy-thingy.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• It is possible to get reusable battlery material from redstone.Candium can be centrifuged from rare earth which is a by product of centrifuging impure redstone dust.

In the Oposite order: Macerate redstone ore, clean the crushed redstone ore(with water), crush the product with any hammer, centrifuge that and you get 1 tiny rare earth. Every full reath earth has some % chance to getyou small candium and otehr goodies.

Enjoy!