[IC2 Exp][1.10.2][Beta] RocketScience-3 Addon!

• Best chance to you!
    May the coder spirit be with you. =)

Just to ask: the addon is called Rocket Science 3? Wasn't it supposed to be Rocket Science 2?

Another thing: I don't really know how a fusion reactor is supposed to work, since I only know the basic reaction that takes place in that.
    The thing is: do you think you will do like the magical box that outputs a little or the big multiblock reactor that you would need tons of resources and extreme levels of electronic complexity in order to sustain the reaction, and leave a current in the coil.
    Moreover, isn't it ironic that you have at the same spot the hottest thing on Earth (the plasma that fuses) and the coldest (the supraconducting coil are near the absolute zero)?

In your changelog, you indicate that the current version is 0.5, and in the download tab, it is 0.20...

Finally: for me the recipes on your OP do not show...

• Best chance to you!
    --snip--

Well, yes, but after my recent HDD failure, and entire recode - along with many changes, I've decided to call it rocketscience-3! :D

Basically, The new version will have a little book that you get on your first spawn, and this book will include information about how to work all of the machines etc. much like tinker's or openblocks or rotarycraft etc.

Well... I was thinking... I'm likely going to have a system in which a multiblock system is required, but it will be rather small compared to the ones in say, reactorcraft or atomic science by Calclavia!

Oh, no, they're magic superconductors that work at room temperature ;)

Yeah, well, it's RS-3 now... Therefore there will be a huge version overhaul and it'll go back to 0.1 or whatever :P

Yes, they were deleted from the webserver accidentally (because I don't name folders on the FTP too well... XD)

• OK.
    And if you need a salesman to sell the stuff you produce, there's no problem. =)
    (I mean, write some things like on the HAYO sections on the IC2 forums).

Is it for 1.7.2 or still 1.6.4?
    If it is for 1.7.2, I will not complain, because the mod that I use and still sticks to 1.6.4 will finish its beta soon, and therefore will update.

• Is it for 1.7.2 or still 1.6.4?
    If it is for 1.7.2, I will not complain, because the mod that I use and still sticks to 1.6.4 will finish its beta soon, and therefore will update.

Owen is recoding in 1.6.4 (for easier beta testing with other mods).

I'm sure there will be a 1.7 release when Owen has most of the stuff back in the mod.

Like Owen previously said, He's sticking with 1.6.4 until beta.

• Yeah, but since he has had to recode it, one could easily imagine he would code for the latest version.

Owen? LOL, you know his first name!

• Yeah, but since he has had to recode it, one could easily imagine he would code for the latest version.

He was thinking about it. He's recoding in 1.7 'friendly' code. Meaning you won't get 'this mod will not survive a 1.7 update' on your console anymore. But the mod will be 1.6.4 until beta.

Owen? LOL, you know his first name!

Yeah, we're really good IRL friends :P
    I own PoleGamers, where he hosts RocketScience ;)

• Oh, that explains some things. =)

• Yup #PartOfPoleGamersAndProud... ;)

Well, yeah, the name's Owen B)

Basically when it comes to 1.7 coding, I'll have to copy and paste my code, and the only errors should be some class/method name changes, so it'll be updated almost instantly!

And about preventing data loss...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTMB2B_Yzuo
    this "song" explains my actions to backup the data XD

• Did you try to place the HDD into your freezer?
    I can assure you, I've done it once, and I recovered the HDD. However, it did not last that long, but I could at least recover some data.
    If you did not back it up, and some other precious data were on it, you can try. Any way, you've got nothing to loose...

• Martiti:
    No, I didn't, I instead opened it up to find "mashed up" heads and a scratched platter... The actuator arm clearly got stuck, and then my "gentle persuasion" clearly damaged the heads :(

So will the missile mechanics work like the original rocket science? Where the missiles fire straight up?

Likely not, I'll be recoding the rocket mechanics, and they will likely fly in arcs, instead of directly up, teleporting, and directly down.

• Any way, the disk would not have appreciated...

Well, I think that the thing with the missiles going up and then teleporting actually makes some sense since you can make true missile facilities...
    Or you can try to implement a simple detection of where the open land is.
    And what if I dug a hole to the bedrock and place a missile? Would it try to go to its destination, and crash into the walls?
    And it would also be nice if you could make the missiles unexplodable before it reaches some point of the procedure (I mean, normally, any kind of rockets is not triggered before some time has passed).

• Any way, the disk would not have appreciated...

Well, I think that the thing with the missiles going up and then teleporting actually makes some sense since you can make true missile facilities...
    Or you can try to implement a simple detection of where the open land is.
    And what if I dug a hole to the bedrock and place a missile? Would it try to go to its destination, and crash into the walls?
    And it would also be nice if you could make the missiles unexplodable before it reaches some point of the procedure (I mean, normally, any kind of rockets is not triggered before some time has passed).

Well, yes I did have that idea... I was thinking of a simple "map" based GUI on the rockets with a 2D cross-section of the missile position to the target location, and the user will be able to set events to happen at certain points in the curve, trigger redstone at certain points etc, and they will also be able to "shape" the line (within reason) to their liking in order to customise the flight path...
    Thoughts on this??

• That would be interesting. I mainly ask because I've been working with the icbm mod trying to make a bedrock bunker but I can't really fire missiles out of the bunker because of the parabolic trajectory. I liked Martititi's idea of the missile detecting when it reaches open land to begin its trajectory, but it seems like your gui would have that capability. It would allow for missile defense and missile offense to be launched from a protected position instead of being open to enemy sabotage/enemy missiles.

• I don't like the GUI thing, simply because you've got to do that for each missile you place.
    Unless you can feed that automatically (I don't know, like, store that in the launcher), I would rather be against that idea.
    I could have the solution: have different sections in the GUI:
    -destination coordinates (relative to our position, and could be fed thanks to the laser thing)
    -relative height of open air (it means the height of your facility)
    -about how much fuel you'll need to go to the destination.

Why not do that: rockets that are more expensive when they have to go farther?
    And also: rockets that have a distance limit: you wouldn't be able to create an ICBM as soon as you got out of the thermal centrifuge age... =)

• Well I was thinking the gui would act like icbms control launcher. You input the information and the launcher saves the information until it's destroyed or manually changed. Now missile creation could get pretty complex or really simplified. You could make it so that the missile requires fuel before launch and make it so that more expensive fuels would make it fly farther/faster. Or you could take the complicated approach and make it like tinkers construct. If thats the case you could make multiple missile parts that you could put together in a crafting station. I don't know how difficult that would be to implement but it would make for a highly unique setting where no missile is the same and you could tailor missiles to the circumstance (e.g. Bunker Busters, ICBM, MIRVS, Stealth), you could sacrifice distance for payload and vice versa. I'm pretty sure thats just me rambling now haha.

• A horse cart?
    I mean, you craft a big wheel, put some horses in it, and you have some power.
    Also, maybe a kind of realistic hydraulic device: you would have a waterfall, and the amount of water on the top of the dam would create a lot of pressure, thus you can craft a turbine that would transform the power.
    A cool thing would be to have realistic nuclear device: like, you have a core that produces heat, and you must cool it down. And you could create steam out of the core. Maybe you can upgrade the liquid you use in order to have a better efficiency (for example, the fluid would dilate more with heat, therefore creating more pressure, and you would be able to extract more energy. The efficiency would be improved).
    What do you think?

• A horse cart, random haha but I like it for starting tier power. The nuke idea would be cool but like my tinkers construct idea I think that would take quite a bit of time to actually do.