[Question] Has terraformer been changed at all?

• Official Post

You can supply up to 512 EU at once.

Does that mean that more power supplied = faster processing of the terrain? Also -- I remember that in IC1, the snow terraformer was a bit buggy because MC doesn't like snow in the sunlight in non-snow biomes -- is that still an issue?

• Does that mean that more power supplied = faster processing of the terrain? Also -- I remember that in IC1, the snow terraformer was a bit buggy because MC doesn't like snow in the sunlight in non-snow biomes -- is that still an issue?

possibly, although the power consumption is insanely high as well, like 256 for one of them, not sure if that is above or below average however.

• Official Post

Changes compared to IC1:
    -Terraformers do only terraform the landscape up to x blocks above them (i think it was ~30). Thus, if you place a TF somewhere on 40, it will not affect your floating island on 100.
    -Terraformers are functional and shouldn't bug out that hard anymore (though i'm sure people will find "strange behavior" which consists of block-combinations i didn't thought about)
    -Terraformers can accept up to 512 EUt.
    -Terraformers tend to terraform in clusters (multiple operations on the same area), as well they prefer to terraform areas close to them, first.
    -The more energy provided, the faster a TF works. There's a limit of 1 operation/tick, which can be reached by providing x EUt, where x is a 4 digit number depending on the used TFBP (f.e. 3000).

• Official Post

Thanks Al -- I really enjoyed them in IC1, and now they're even MORE fun! My videos so far show Cultivation (My personal favorite) and Chilling (as requested by comments on my first video with them).

Great job :)

P.S. -- For anyone curious -- Cultivation DOES plant rubber trees. I found 3-4 of them spouting up around the terraformer. It doesn't exclusively plant them, but they are included with all the other forms of plant-life.

• watch what happens when you take like 4 MFSU outputs combine it into one and plug it into the terraformer, its awesome, as al said there is a "max" that each TFBP will take, they also have different ranges

Irrigation- 3000eu
    Desertification- 2500eu
    Cultivation- 4000eu
    Chilling- 2000eu
    Flatification- 4000eu

• watch what happens when you take like 4 MFSU outputs combine it into one and plug it into the terraformer, its awesome, as al said there is a "max" that each TFBP will take, they also have different ranges

Irrigation- 3000eu
    Desertification- 2500eu
    Cultivation- 4000eu
    Chilling- 2000eu
    Flatification- 4000eu

If the capacity is THAT high, then why cant we feed em VHV?

Also, question about range. I seem to remember a post a while back, which suggested that the terriformer would start only able to effect terrain close by, and gradually increase in range as it works. I think the response was that you were unable to attach data to the terriformer. So I have to ask why it cannot be stored similarly to how an MFE or similar stores energy, store the current range, or running time to caclulate the range?

• that is a serious necropost, and i don't know exactly for how long alblaka hasn't been developing IC² anymore, but it is a LONG time, like, more than 2 years by now, i think.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• you play that as well, Airam?

EDIT: totally off-topic, but i should probably make my title A BIT COUGH COUGH shorter, 6 lines is A BIT COUGH COUGH much.

EDIt: ~7 -> 6

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.