Mass fabricator, UU liquid and new process?

• Hi, I just built a recycler and Mass Fab with high hopes of getting some Iridium post haste in order to make a quantum chestplate. Then I noticed it's a liquid? NEI doesn't give me any hints on the process and when I checked the wiki I was disconcerted to see this, "now produces Uu-Liquid and needs much more energy and time." Can someone tell me or direct me to someplace where I can find the process for getting from the liquid to creating Iridium?

Thanks! :)

I'm also assuming I can't just craft UU in a crafting table anymore. :/

• yeah, this has been discussed many many times already :p

I followed the suggestion and did a search. Wow, what a convoluted mess. Ive read through several threads on both UU liquid and the mass fab and I'm even more confused. None of them had a concise description of the process or the machines involved.

I would think this issue would be important enough for a sticky somewhere to help out those of us who are coming in to the game late.

I certainly don't think it's asking anyone too much to give at least a vague description other than "do a search". After all you took the time to read the thread, would a small bit of info hurt, or do you just enjoy letting people flounder about? Personally, when I have knowledge others don't, I feel an obligation to share or educate.

BTW, I did in fact do several different searches before posting and for whatever reason it turned up nothing , I'm not sure why that happened.

I'm also getting the feeling that IC2 is going away?

• Official Post

I'm also getting the feeling that IC2 is going away?

Since when?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Since when?

This is based on the comments about UU matter in a post from Aug 2013 where the mod author states he didn't care about it and wasn't going to update it. I found that interesting since the lack of UU eliminates the top tier of armor and renders at least two machines I've crafted useless. That, coupled with the lack of updated recipes and process tutorials make IC2 seem to be a bit of an orphan. Perhaps I'm wrong, and I genuinely hope I am. Up to now this forum has been the only reliably informative resource I've found and I've been very grateful for the help I've received here, particularly building nukes.

I loved the old IC, I'm definitely having growing pains with IC2 although there are several things I like so far.

This weekend I've hit a wall with both UU and, and how to process Uranium once it's gone through the ore washing process, so I'm a bit frustrated.

Thanks for any help. :)

• Official Post

Well, for example, my crappy tutorial video came up:
    http://youtu.be/cjuP_ofHvZs?t=13m2s

• This is based on the comments about UU matter in a post from Aug 2013 where the mod author states he didn't care about it and wasn't going to update it. I found that interesting since the lack of UU eliminates the top tier of armor and renders at least two machines I've crafted useless. That, coupled with the lack of updated recipes and process tutorials make IC2 seem to be a bit of an orphan. Perhaps I'm wrong, and I genuinely hope I am. Up to now this forum has been the only reliably informative resource I've found and I've been very grateful for the help I've received here, particularly building nukes.

I'm quite certain the "I don't care" comment was about removing the item form of UU. UU is there just for making other things (mostly iridium, probably) and not meant to be used in a recipe directly.
    Pretty much all recipes have changed in the experimental branch + a ton of new machines have been added. Nuclear has had a few changes and there should be still a lot more to come.

IC2 is anything but dead. I'd actually dare say it's one of the most actively developed mods of that size.