[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• Official Post

And makes levelling up with XP twice as hard, otherwise it'd just be a gun :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I am not liking how large the modList is getting, but BetterSigns and Statues (from the Chisel maintainer) would be nice.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/…e-better-signs-mod-v164b/

Aesthetic Mods Total:

AsieLib
    Chisel
    Carpenters Blocks
    Bibliocraft
    BiblioWoods Forestry
    ProjRed
    Rotatable Blocks
    BetterSigns
    Statues

Also nobody has commented on Morpheus. Should we add it?
    http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/morpheus/

I also suggest not using MPS/addons. I always liked feeling somewhat vulnerable until QSuits, MPS sort of kills that.

• I could add BetterSigns / Statues on the virtue that those will like never update during a revision so they do not give maintenance overhead (need to be careful of that hammer ...). Morpheus looks useful, certainly early on unless someone has great problems with it I will add it.

• Official Post

Space stations, why do you have to be circular? Building those are a pain...
    Finished outer circle (going to make inner circle)
    Interior structure is "complete", it has artificial earthen gravity. (gotta do lighting and life support systems [oxygen and food]).

P.S: I will totally make this on kirara 2.0, given Galacticraft and Starminer updates to 1.7.2

• Official Post

Starminer adds "stars" (with artificial gravity) and a space dimension full of them. Stars also generate on overworld, but this can be disabled through its config.
    If you look at my space station you might see that it has artificial gravity (star gravity core).

• How about inventory tweaks?

What does starminer (can't read japanese :) )

Inventory tweaks is a client side only mod, help yourself ;) (PS: I do not do refunds when your reactor exploded cause you pressed 'r')

Starminer adds "stars" (with artificial gravity) and a space dimension full of them. Stars also generate on overworld, but this can be disabled through its config.
    If you look at my space station you might see that it has artificial gravity (star gravity core).

Are you going to live on the inner ring part? And now I totally want to make a gundam styled colony, to bad that the starminer mod can not "push" you to the sides of cylinder.

• Are you going to live on the inner ring part? And now I totally want to make a gundam styled colony, to bad that the starminer mod can not "push" you to the sides of cylinder.

I heard from varin that its posible to reverse gravity with a tool.
    He planed some think similar.^^

• Official Post

You actually can make the gravity push to the outer circle. Just like a real space station. I have to modify the Interior to fit that change through.

You have 5 options of gravity : sphere, cube and xyz cylinder.
    I have to use y cylinder as my space station is oriented on the y axis due a bug on starminer not overriding galacticraft low gravity on normal orientation.

• Official Post

Interior slightly reworked to fit the new gravity direction (not finished yet), building life support systems (aka oxygen).

• Official Post

That is some japanese otaku magic i don't know.
    I noted something when starting up with starminer and galacticraft :

Both GC and SM modifies the basefiles indirectly?

• GC most certainly does, so I would expect SM would as well.

@Pushing outwards... AWESOME.

• It seems that kirara 2.0 is attracting a lot of attention. Which is great! but this has me worried about the hosting capacity that I currently have. I am now evaluating other hosters and trying to decide on dedicated vs vps and such. I will report back once I know more.

• If Minecraft would do Multicore Processing for loaded Chunk "Groups" which are not touching each other, so that every Player/Chunkloader would be a Processor (unless when being close to each other).

Interesting way of adding multithreading, would need a threadpool to manage the actual number of threads but it would need less overall runnables as compared to runnable / tile entity. Btw, how do tile entities interact when they need to react to eachother? is that always "on the next tick" ? Are there many "check my neighbour" type of checks ?