[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• But why don't you just download more RAM?

I think the majority seems to want at least give Thaumcraft a chance while there are still proponents and opponents of hunger reworking mods. If there is no overwhelming majority, I am for dropping it. Although I am biased since I am an opponent :P

I never really tried Galacticraft but just from playing GT and everything it looked really odd in our modpack for me. Still curious though, so I'll stay neutral on that one.

Edit: found the adjective.

• I never really tried Galacticraft but just from playing GT and everything it looked really [...] in our modpack for me. Still curious though, so I'll stay neutral on that one.

You lost an adjective there.

• Found something that you all may enjoy

I talked to the dev of this mod, and afaik, he told me that he had plans with the mod dev from UB about incorporating his mod into regular UB. As the regular dev has been quiet recently, he released his version standalone.

Here is his response to my questions.
    I say it's a nice find, and looks like the map will still work when this mod and UB are combined later on (if that ever happens, the dev hasn't posted since january).

Wanted to know you people's opinions on the mod.

Note: The mod doesn't require UB (confusing at first), it's just the regular mod with extra features.

Edit: HOLYFUCKBALLS AE2 ALPHA

• Good find! If I understand this correctly the world gen is included in the mod ? If so we can tick that one of the list.

• Good find! If I understand this correctly the world gen is included in the mod ? If so we can tick that one of the list.

Yep, worldgen is included :D (plus it's apparently faster).
    Adding it to the spreadsheet XD. Should I add AE2 too? It's in alpha, but it'll be a while before the machines are actually reached if we increase power usage, so it can just be used for worldgen currently.

Also, does this mean that we're not going to go for PFAA, or is that still open?

• Will this server actually have a centralized community? I've noticed in the current server, there is a lack of a spawn town and no community buildings. There are currently 2 shops and a half ( which is my beer shop) at spawn

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Will this server actually have a centralized community? I've noticed in the current server, there is a lack of a spawn town and no community buildings. There are currently 2 shops and a half ( which is my beer shop) at spawn

The plan is indeed to have a community town, more details in the op.

Yep, worldgen is included :D (plus it's apparently faster).
    Adding it to the spreadsheet XD. Should I add AE2 too? It's in alpha, but it'll be a while before the machines are actually reached if we increase power usage, so it can just be used for worldgen currently.

Also, does this mean that we're not going to go for PFAA, or is that still open?

In my opinion PFAA is also still open. As for AE2 ... sounds fine to me, we mostly run bleeding edge anyway :). However, thermal dynamics should be ready as well due to the different game mechanics.

• Good news everyone.
    We are currently 57% completed on worldgen mods, and 42% if we use PFAA instead of UB (the numbers say 50% as I am accounting for both PFAA and UB until we make a decision of which one to use). All we need now is Gregtech, unidye and Thaumcraft (optionally PFAA).

In my opinion PFAA is also still open. As for AE2 ... sounds fine to me, we mostly run bleeding edge anyway . However, thermal dynamics should be ready as well due to the different game mechanics.

I see no repository for thermal dynamics 2, and thermal dynamics was last updated two months ago. I think it'll be a while before we get that.

• Dude

Good news everyone.
    We are currently 57% completed on worldgen mods, and 42% if we use PFAA instead of UB (the numbers say 50% as I am accounting for both PFAA and UB until we make a decision of which one to use). All we need now is Gregtech, unidye and Thaumcraft (optionally PFAA).

I see no repository for thermal dynamics 2, and thermal dynamics was last updated two months ago. I think it'll be a while before we get that.

Figure out Google Drive :P (hint make an account and set the document share options to anyone with a link)

• Dude

Figure out Google Drive :P (hint make an account and set the document share options to anyone with a link)

Try now. Also, is unidye a 'necessary worldgen' mod? We don't really need it to start the server (we can make infused gold anyway).

• Thanks, and I'm gonna say Unidye is not

EDIT: We now have HardCoreEnderExpansion updated.............. hint hint wink wink... (if we grab that we should also grab Balkons Weapons, also updated and very fun)
    EDIT NUMBER TWO: The Google Drive doc is I repeat not fixed, not fixed folks :P

• Thanks, and I'm gonna say Unidye is not

EDIT: We now have HardCoreEnderExpansion updated.............. hint hint wink wink... (if we grab that we should also grab Balkons Weapons, also updated and very fun)
    EDIT NUMBER TWO: The Google Drive doc is I repeat not fixed, not fixed folks :P

Try noooow! (I think you may need a google account, but I don't need to register you).
    Also removed unidye from required worldgen.

• You know what, I've been looking for a challenge. This looks like it would be something.

Couple things though:
    Railcraft is designed to go with Buildcraft. Perhaps adding Buildcraft might be an idea.

Configs:
    Only Kinesis Pipes, Cobblepipe, Stone Pipe, and Wood Pipes are available, and kinesis require plates and red alloy. You must use steam engines to extract. Nothing is free in this world. Fluid Pipes, Pumps, Gates, Lasers, and Quarries are removed completely.

• Cobblepipe

why are cobble pipes needed when wooden ones can input stuff to GT pipes just fine? Though I'd dare say even wooden ones aren't really needed as GT can pull stuff out from inventories too.