[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• Also, just to be as obnoxious as the situation warrants , everyone vote NO for TC4, it has no place here. Proof? Almost everyone who wants it hasn't been seen on the server for a long long time.

Here is what I see from this:

Because people that used to go onto the server a lot now don't, due to the update looming over the horison, the people that are either new to the server, or have been staying on should have their opinions matter more than those that haven't.
    This is silly (also, I have been seen on the server, and I want TC), and your point has no evidence for you to come to the conclusion that you did.
    Also, correlation does not always equal causation (no idea if that was the right circumstances to say it in, it just felt right to say it).

• - I updated the town rules
    - Moved highlands to the no section, vanilla should be fine

Minimal required mods (worldgen) to start the 1.7:
    - IC2Exp
    - Gregtech
    - AE2
    - Unidye
    - UB (if selected, likely due PFAA being reported worse on world gen delay)
    - Thaumcraft (if selected)
    - Glens gasses (if selected)

Mods that have worldgen but are not required to start 1.7:
    - Forestry, its copper / tin would be disabled anyhow. Appetite would not be to difficult to find afterwards. Bees... this could be a problem but not sure if we want to hold up the world for it.
    - Railcraft, sulfer and saltpeter are not that needed.
    - Chisel, marble + limestone will be disabled in favour of other biome generating mods
    - Galacticraft, its world gen would be disabled anyhow.
    - Growthcraft, can be added later I suppose

Feel free to give input on the above :)

• Official Post

UB and PFAA have about the same Worldgen time (PFAA might be a little bit laggier, but not that much). I would disable GT Granite Spawns (and use PFAA to spawn it) to save on Worldgen Time.

We could pregenerate a ton of terrain using MC-Edit, so that everything 2500 Meters (= 5000x5000) from Spawn is already generated, and nobody causes Worldgen Lag in the beginning. Also a Rule about not discovering new Areas without asking all other currently online People before, would be good.

• UB is quite laggy in terms of worldgen, and I thought most of the PFAA lag was related to the startup, not chunks generating? Anyway, I'm liking how this list is turning out.

@HO
    It is quite easy to survive with HO. Dont run. Dont Jump. Dont swim. Just collect food and build SLABS (you are welcome greg) around your base.

@IguanaTweaks
    IT is an awesome mod, but needs a LOAD of tweaking to work with GT. It messes with stacksizes, speed on different terrain, and block hardness- all things GT does. It isnt a particularly good idea if we are playing GT hardmode- fits vannila much better

• Sorry for my repeated dPosting :P

I am running this list (0bv 1.6.4, but 1.7 shouldnt change too much):

Chicken and His Bones:

Code ChickenCore
    NEI
    NeiPlugins
    NeiAddons

Those Silly Mods that Run on Extra Unusual electricity

IC2
    GT (You know, we should remove this super OP mod that has like zero content)
    NuclearControl
    Frogcraft (mr10movie SPOTLIGHT NOW DAMMIT)
    Unidye (what a silly mod I mean what guy makes a Unidye :P)
    Electric Rails

MAGIC DAMMIT SPWNX MAGIC DAMMIT WHOOHOO

Thaumcraft

I AM REALLLLLLY HUNGRY

HungerOverhaul
    Pam and Her harvesty Craft
    Growthcraft All modules
    Forestry

Rails and other silly things/ misc

Railcraft
    Project Red: Illumination, Integration, Base, Lighting
    (all those client side mods, WAILA, OPIS etc)
    (all those server things, OPIS, EVOC)

Pretty

Chisel/ Autoutils
    Carpenters Blocks
    Bibiocraft/Woods

Worldgen sillies

PFAA
    Glenn's Gasses

Thoughts So Far:
    This pack seems to be quite nice. That's it. No problems, nothing wrong. It has a good feel and I would definately reccomend this for 1.7Kirara. It consists of most of the suggestions and honestly I love it.

• Updated Spreadsheet with worldgen mods required to start server

Is highlands still an option, or are we not having it?

Thanks for the spreadsheet!

UB and PFAA have about the same Worldgen time (PFAA might be a little bit laggier, but not that much). I would disable GT Granite Spawns (and use PFAA to spawn it) to save on Worldgen Time.

We could pregenerate a ton of terrain using MC-Edit, so that everything 2500 Meters (= 5000x5000) from Spawn is already generated, and nobody causes Worldgen Lag in the beginning. Also a Rule about not discovering new Areas without asking all other currently online People before, would be good.

I would love to try PFAA, so I am leaning towards it still. What I of course could do is generate even more upto 10k away, downside is my crappy internet upload speed but that should improve in a couple of weeks :)

Also, NEI. I am not playing GT without NEI. (And Unidye won't be updated without NEI... :D )

Well... NEI does not concern world generation so I did not include it

Looks like this pack will be like 90% of yours :)

@Thaumcraft,
    The poll was supposed to help me decide but its a tie at the moment. The positive point is that no one selected the 'no is op' option. Thus, I suppose we can add it with down tweaked dungeon loot.

@Hunger overhaul,
    I think we will not include it, I myself think it would be fun to have some added difficulty but others seem to really not like it.

@IguanaTweaks,
    I am interested in it because of the encumbering effects, but it seems a lot of configuring to get right. Leaning toward not including it.

• I agree on pretty much everything you said. Now we lie in wait.............

• Official Post

Last time I used MCEdit with modded Minecraft, all my buildcraft pipes turned to sand

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• You know what, I will. That, and Unidye :P

Speaking of which, once the Crew season gets calmed down and I'm not continuously burning 2K calories right after school (oh what fun) I have been thinking of doing a twice/week LP/spotlight schedule.

I have the stuff to record and a channel.... just not the energy :P

• Speaking of which, once the Crew season gets calmed down and I'm not continuously burning 2K calories right after school (oh what fun) I have been thinking of doing a twice/week LP/spotlight schedule.

I have the stuff to record and a channel.... just not the energy :P

Just took a lok at Frogcraft. Will probably wait for it to get tidied up before I try something with it (but DW linus, unidye will happen as a thanks for the Java lesson :P).

• Hi,
    I'd like to contribute a bit as well.
    1) I definitely vote for Thaumcraft 4. This mod has the most beatiful effects and textures I've ever seen. It's massive and very well balanced. Together with GT those are my two favourite mods. Both have progression and research, both require some tech level to move forward/do things efficiently. They go together very well too. You could always build a crashed spaceship at the spawn spewing out fuel and corrupting magic of the world. Tainted biomes, zombies, skeletons, wisps could all be consequence of that crash.

• If it's possible, I'd change iron caps to stainless steel plates, (infinite rechargable tools), bronze to titanium plates, gold to tungsten steel plates and thaumium to perhaps iridium plates. That way you require some infrastructure in GT before you can advance a lot further. I wouldn't make it requirement to make nodes in fusion reactor, because usually when you have fusion reactor, you're done with GT progress. It'd be a pity to be able to start with TC after you're finished with GT. It'd be a nice addition however, to be able to create additional nodes with fusion.
    • You could also make tainted biomes more common or spread faster and make special nodes more common. (anyone ever ran into hungry node like me?)
    • Set Golem_chest_interaction to false so that they don't lag the hell out of a client. (disables the opening animation and sound)

2) As for Railcraft, I'd turn off steel in dungeon loot and turn off the blast furnace. It's really easy to get some blaze rods and when you search enough villages, you're usually set to just skip the bronze age entirely. Just make the necessary bronze machines, use them once and get rid of them.
    3) Hunger overhaul is fun at the beginning but after you set up farms, you just spend a lot of time eating. Also ambrosia does not get it's saturation cut to half I think. If you want similar extra HC, got for disabled regen and death counter.
    4) Iguana tweaks - I'm not sure about extra inventory hassle (weight) and slowing down the player (terrain).

• Weight - Since we're playing with GT ores that are in certain biomes only, it would make it extremely difficult to go hunt for these ores efficiently. And since you need them mainly at the beginning, it would just lead to a lot of players either living in/near mountains or moving very slowly across the land. I personally hate when I have to spend a lot of time running in games in stead of playing, more so running slowly.
    • Terrain - I think it would cut the creativity of bases. If you want to build your base with grass/gravel paths or do a snow theme or desert theme, you are penalized with slow running.

5) IC2 - would it be possible to allow watermills? They're weak as potato but it's such a nice feeling to have minimal steady income of power :).

Take care,
    Methes

• Watermills are a bit of a double edged sword, they are not really powerful, unless you let them run on a server..which we do. On the other hand, people who really play a lot won't get the most of it, since you'll need something faster than watermills to really power a base.
    Maybe if you up their costs via Minetweaker in materials they'd be in a pretty good spot. I mean RTGs are basically free energy out of a lot of iron and reactor byproducts.

• I like TC, but i feel it's science portion is a bit shallow. I would like it if we added an addon (if it exists) that adds (balanced) depth to it's alchemy portion.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• My first reply to this thread. YEY :D

I think that Kirrara should be GT HardMode oriented, so any mod that is added needs to either be native GT HM compatible, or be tweaked to become GT HM compatible.

TC4: Haven't played Thaumcraft since 1.4.7 so I don't know anything about this mod anymore, if the rest of the server thinks that it will fit, then add it. I don't really care.

Hunger Mods: Nope, nope, nope, nope. Sorry for the negativity, but even now on the server if I try to run more than 500 meter my hunger meter gets to zero. I do support mods that add more foods with different attributes if the rest of the players wants them.

Galacticraft Planets(Mars): This has been my biggest concern. As I'm running MC currently on a crappy laptop I have very little RAM to dedicate to MC. The problem is that I can't even load the game if I have Galacticraft Planets installed because it takes far too much RAM. I do understand that some people will want to keep it, but if it's possible I'd like it to be removed.

One last request: Please do try to keep the RAM requirement under 1.2 GB. If it goes over I won't be able to play.

Taco out.

Tacos are tasty. Tacos are good for you. I'm a taco. What more do I need to say?