[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• Official Post

Thaumcraft for 1.7! Now we really are just waiting for Greg :P

I saw it adds 4 inventory slots (2 rings, 1 amulet and 1 belt) [Through a secondary downloaded mod called baubles].
    I wonder if Greg will add something that uses them.

• Official Post

We already have lots of currently useless metal rings, it'd make sense if they did something.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It would certainly be OP if all those slots were enchantable gear slots that all applied... but what if all 4 had to be the same to apply one instance of that enchanted effect? That would require enough effort to justify the bonus I think.

• Just wanna +1 MrRainbow's petition for Greg to Add some Fricking Oil to World Gen Already! Even if it's just oil shales it'd still be nice to have...

Also, it would be nice to have Immibis' Array-generators, or something functionally identical, so that those who want to spam the renewable gens can do so without either contributing to server lag or resorting to their cheaty compact versions.

Alsoalso, I'm going to be playing on a 1.7.2 world with Thaumcraft soon, so that I can test out those new baubles and see what they do. I'll report back if anything seems especially broken.

• In between revision, I'm going to start base designing.

Are we still deciding between underground biomes and pfaa (or whatever)?

Sorta, depends on what is available when I start the modpack. UB is easier since its only a single mod. There will be no overland biome mod.

• AFAIK, green gens (aka solar, wind and water) are disabled on kirara.

Awwww... :c

Also, notes from my forrays into 1.7.2 Thaumcraft:
    Chopping animation cores are still a thing, as are harvest golems, and alumentum. I know this isn't a surprise to anyone, but I feel that these should be mentioned if this really is going to be added to Kirara. They're not overly expensive, either... I foresee much golem tree farming and coke oven spam in the future.
    Also, I found a pleasent surprise in my research: You can now duplicate glowstone, slimeballs, clay, and ink sacs in a crucible, at the cost of a few related aspects. This might cause balance issues with Gregtech, particularly glowstone and clay. There's also a few miscellaneous alchemical recipes, though nothing especially useful if you don't happen to need cobwebs, cracked brick or moss stone for a build.

There's also the whole obsidian wand of infinite mining thing. Oh, and metal transmutation, though that's actualy pretty balanced since you're just changing one metal to another, and it costs resources if you want anything other then iron.

• green gens; I am not entirely sure what to do with them this time around. Watermills + bucket automation are just really good, for wind + solar I am more worried about server lag. Then there is the 0 infra structure and 0 upkeep associated with the green gens which make it kinda superior to everything else except for when you would need a lot of eu / tick. Granted the same could be said for RTGs but their investment cost is quite high for the 16 eu/t that it delivers.

So if anyone has a good idea to make nuclear reactors have an advantage over green gens (footprint does not count) I will enable green gens but may lower their production.

@Thaumcraft
    Coke ovens are already spammed and I do not think people have a lot of problems with that. Cobwebs / Slimeballs / ink we can get from crops so that is fine. Clay, not -that- hard to acquire so I suppose that is fine to (no more na/li burning anyway). Glowstone, this one is interesting as it gives helium and gold and redstone and thus ruby dust (at a great cost). So this all depends on how much aspects you need to sustain it. Theb again, if we go with forestry we will have bees churning out glowstone. Golems are fine but I am worried about the server ticks with them. Wand of infinite mining? I am guessing you need to recharge it somehow. All in all I think we can live with the goodies and do not have to worry on the imbalance.
    Summerized concerns: Server tick dropping and glowstone production.

• Official Post

green gens; I am not entirely sure what to do with them this time around. Watermills + bucket automation are just really good, for wind + solar I am more worried about server lag. Then there is the 0 infra structure and 0 upkeep associated with the green gens which make it kinda superior to everything else except for when you would need a lot of eu / tick. Granted the same could be said for RTGs but their investment cost is quite high for the 16 eu/t that it delivers.

So if anyone has a good idea to make nuclear reactors have an advantage over green gens (footprint does not count) I will enable green gens but may lower their production.

Make uranium ore give more uranium when crushed (2-4x), make depleted cells output more plutonium when centrifuged (2-4x) and lower greengens (except RTG) rate by 25%.
    About server lag, we maybe could try immibis green-gen arrays if it gets updated to 1.7.
    If it doesnt in time, we can use Compact windmills and enable Greg's compact solar covers. Enable up to MV version (HV if the server starts lagging). Tweaks on recipes to increase the cost if needed.

@Thaumcraft
    Coke ovens are already spammed and I do not think people have a lot of problems with that. Cobwebs / Slimeballs / ink we can get from crops so that is fine. Clay, not -that- hard to acquire so I suppose that is fine to (no more na/li burning anyway). Glowstone, this one is interesting as it gives helium and gold and redstone and thus ruby dust (at a great cost). So this all depends on how much aspects you need to sustain it. Theb again, if we go with forestry we will have bees churning out glowstone. Golems are fine but I am worried about the server ticks with them. Wand of infinite mining? I am guessing you need to recharge it somehow. All in all I think we can live with the goodies and do not have to worry on the imbalance.
    Summerized concerns: Server tick dropping and glowstone production.

Add a rule: Only automate with golems if there is no other way around.

• So should we do like a 1 week test, working out the kinks in 1.7 then reset the server on a nice seed (near a mesa, as clay will be swallowed quickly on a server) and go at it for real? That way we can test the TC interactions before its too late.

• So should we do like a 1 week test, working out the kinks in 1.7 then reset the server on a nice seed (near a mesa, as clay will be swallowed quickly on a server) and go at it for real? That way we can test the TC interactions before its too late.

I think we just go live and evaluate after a week if a restart is needed due to some world gen that can not be removed easily if a mod needs to be removed.

• @Glowstone concerns, it costs 1 sensus and 2 lux to make 1 glowstone, so basically a dye and two torches.

@What Wand of Infintie Mining? : Obsidian wands slowly refill themselves with terra vis, and Excavation foci only require Terra to work. Although, you'll have to enchant the focus with Frugal if you want the recharge rate to be faster then the use rate, which it is my understanding will be a lot harder on this server due to enchanting tables being disabled. Also, the wand only recharges to 10 vis and then stops, which would not allow very much mining at all. Less then a minute of mining. It also mines ores more slowly. All in all I agree that it's not really unbalanced, the electric tools are still overall better.

Also, while it's not something that I think is unbalanced, there's also now the ability to turn cobble into gravel, then sand at the cost of 2 Perditio per step. (basically two cobblestone) Clay also only requires 2 terra and 1 aqua per ball of clay, which is basically 2 cobblestone (synergy with the sand maceration? :D ) and 1 sugarcane, with some herba and aer left over. That could help a lot with the disappearance of clay across the server as people dig it all up.

Also also, it's notable that the arcane bore is available pretty early on, though it's kind of a bitch to maintain. You pretty much have to sit next to it, or spend a high-durability pick to be able to leave it for very long. And since it uses actual resources for fuel, the Miner is still superior in every way. Especially if we don't have enchantment tables.
    Well, unless you happen to want cobble or granite.
    EDIT: There is one significant advantage to the arcane bore that I forgot: You can turn it sideways, allowing you to mine a specific level rather then the entire chunk.

Alsoalsoalso, the changes in AE2 are awesome. Really looking forward to playing with it once I get to that point in my game.

EDIT2: Apparently, you can also disable the arcane mirrors in the config, if you want to. Though, they are rather useful for making infusion set-ups prettier.

• I suspect the question will come up at some point: Electro-magic Tools mod?

To settle the question: It has a recipe to transmute U-238 into U-235.

Nope.

• @Glowstone concerns, it costs 1 sensus and 2 lux to make 1 glowstone, so basically a dye and two torches.

Well....... that is really cheap, there are not further side effects ?? If not then we need to think of something as this would be a serious shortcut.

I suspect the question will come up at some point: Electro-magic Tools mod?

To settle the question: It has a recipe to transmute U-238 into U-235.

Nope.

o_O you mean with thaumcraft we can convert U-238 into U-235 ?

• Official Post

o_O you mean with thaumcraft we can convert U-238 into U-235 ?

No, but with this I think: [Addon][1.7.2] Electro-Magic Tools! Now with over 15 000 downloads! -- Updated 17/04/14 Never tried it myself however

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.