[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• Quote from Jaded about future of FTB
    "RC and BC will be somewhere. Forestry on the other hand... I love bees, bees are the only modded thing I have added code for. Bees are amazing. However Sir S hasn't been doing Forestry since the start of 1.6. Myst and CJ were maintaining it in 1.6. Player updated it for 1.7. Development on Forestry has halted which makes me incredibly sad. BC is starting to get some changes and new content but there is very little it can do that can't be done by quite a few other mods at this point."

This is where I got it from. It may not mean anything, but it can't hurt to investigate.

• No, it just means nothing new is being added as Player I presume is busy with IC2.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I am attempting to add forestry-type functionality to my mod... if I ever finish. In the mean time, keep it. And look for alternatives by those better than myself (assuming Player cannot keep it going forever).

The one thing I am reluctant to add however is bees/trees. Seems like a pain in the ass, not sure if it is worth it. I may instead expand IC2 crops into teirs, and make them more fun.

• This is what I could find when downloading 1.7.2 mods:

BiblioCraft[1.6.3][MC1.7.2].jar
    Carpenter's Blocks v3.1.4 - MC 1.7+.zip
    CodeChickenCore-1.7.2-1.0.0-universal.jar / CodeChickenCore 1.7.2-rc1.jar
    EXTRACT-gases-1.4.4.1-1.7.2.zip
    HEE_1.7.2_release-1.5a.zip
    NotEnoughItems-1.7.2-1.0.1-universal.jar / NotEnoughItems-1.7.2-rc2.jar
    Railcraft_1.7.2-8.4.0.13.jar
    Thaumcraft-1.7.2-4.1.1.11.jar
    appliedenergistics2-rv0-alpha-99.jar
    forestry-2.4.0.0-711.jar
    gregtech-openalpha.zip
    industrialcraft-2-2.1.471-experimental.jar
    ironchest-1.7.2-6.0.14.719-universal.jar

And these mods do load on startup but it seems that I crash on something when entering the world. The good news is that many of the worldgen mods are present, just waiting on PFAA now.

• This is what I could find when downloading 1.7.2 mods:
    And these mods do load on startup but it seems that I crash on something when entering the world.

Maybe out of memory? I had to allocate 1G when I made a new 1.7 instance.

• You have to extract the glens gasses mod. The jar files are in the folder that says EXTRACT in all caps.
    Also I think one of those mods is leaking memory, cause I ran a similar pack and got 10 fps on my beast of a machine.

• Current mods folder contents:

BiblioCraft[1.6.3][MC1.7.2].jar
    Carpenter's Blocks v3.1.4 - MC 1.7+.zip
    CodeChickenCore-1.7.2-1.0.0-universal.jar
    ExtraCells-2.0.0.jar
    HEE_1.7.2_release-1.5a.zip
    NotEnoughItems-1.7.2-1.0.1-universal.jar
    Railcraft_1.7.2-8.4.0.13.jar
    Thaumcraft-1.7.2-4.1.1.11.jar
    appliedenergistics2-rv0-alpha-99.jar
    forestry-2.4.0.0-711.jar
    gases-1.4.4.1-1.7.2.jar
    gasesCore-1.4.4.1-1.7.2.jar
    gasesFramework-1.0.3-1.7.2.jar
    gasesFrameworkCore-1.0.3-1.7.2.jar
    gregtech-openalpha.zip
    ic2
    industrialcraft-2-2.1.476-experimental.jar
    ironchest-1.7.2-6.0.14.719-universal.jar
    railcraft

Seems that player fixed nei integration as it now did not crash for me
    Queue , thanks for the heads up!
    @Frogcraft, crashes on startup

Of course this modpack is not anywhere near playable yet since we are waiting on PFAA still (if this takes to long UB constructs can replace it) and Gregtech needs some more adventure mode support ;)

• You know what would help also? GT having machine recipes :P (and an actual tech tree, at the moment I have no idea what I would want to start with). How long are we willing to wait on PFAA?

• I remember blood n bones pack having this super duper hard mod ai. Going as far as cows being pissed if you want to slowly punch them to death.

• I'm willing to wait on PFAA geologica for up to two weeks after GT get a stable 1.7 release.

Good, about the same for me. Greg said that stable GT release would be 3 weeks after buggy alpha, and add 2 weeks onto that, which is around when my exams finish.

• When did I say "3 Weeks after buggy alpha"? I said I had a deadline for it to be at least viewable, and that is in 1-1/2 Weeks, and viewable means only that I can make at least some Functioning things.