[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• Doublepost because yeah!

I guess that is because Greg hasnt added those steps for PFAA ores yet.

Wouldn't that be PFAAs job to register his ores to match Gregs, or is that Greg's job to add recipes to PFAA's ore? I'm sure that Greg adds all the ores PFAA does (the basic variants, not the weird chemical named ones, which are just fancy iron or copper etc), just doesn't spawn them all by default (if I'm wrong about that, let me know).

• Alright, but this is why I like Greg's worldgen :P

Vein of Lapis, Lazurite, Sodalite, and Calcite. Found by accident. This may be the nostalgia in me talking, but I like the way this looks way more than PFAA, even if PFAA spawns more realistically.

• Alright, but this is why I like Greg's worldgen :P

Vein of Lapis, Lazurite, Sodalite, and Calcite. Found by accident. This may be the nostalgia in me talking, but I like the way this looks way more than PFAA.

Why would anyone need that much of any ore?, cause to my knowledge, all of them give you the same product in the end

• Lapotron Cystals mainly. Sodalite is the most useless one (just dye) but lazurite and lapis can be used for lapotron energy orbs. A lapis vein isn't the most useful generally than say iron, or copper, but this is probably the nicest looking. Calcite for iron processing I think in blast furnace. They all have uses, but Lapis isn't necessarily the best vein for 'usefulness' in regular MC. Always have more than you need :P

• Lapotron Cystals mainly. Sodalite is the most useless one (just dye) but lazurite and lapis can be used for lapotron energy orbs. A lapis vein isn't the most useful generally than say iron, or copper, but this is probably the nicest looking. Calcite for iron processing I think in blast furnace. They all have uses, but Lapis isn't necessarily the best vein for 'usefulness' in regular MC. Always have more than you need :P

Fair point, but while it isn't a part of it now, it was a part of a lot of the useless aspects of GregTech. Do we need a screw for every type of metal? a saw blade for every material, laser lenses (though I'm holding back on that on if he's going to do what I think he is). Greg Tech is a nice mod, but I think there's a lot of redundant aspects to it at the moment. Greg might have plans for all of these, but at the moment...

On a side note (purely because I've finally started playing with the mod in survival (just getting back into it) was the nerfing of the Wooden, Stone and Iron Pickaxes really necessary? As all that GregTech is doing is chocking my Wood farm at the moment (had to restart world) and added a forth piece of metal to the recipe. along with the need to get extra tools to clutter a inventory. As I said though, it is still a good mod.

• Fair point, but while it isn't a part of it now, it was a part of a lot of the useless aspects of GregTech. Do we need a screw for every type of metal? a saw blade for every material, laser lenses (though I'm holding back on that on if he's going to do what I think he is). Greg Tech is a nice mod, but I think there's a lot of redundant aspects to it at the moment. Greg might have plans for all of these, but at the moment...

Ehh, I guess it's just another part of the 'realism' thing. "Why can I only make tools out of these materials, when this material would do just as well, and I have more of it too?". Thinking about it, this is kind of like what TiC do, but on a much larger scale. Instead of having a few metals, they have every metal. Is it necessary? Not really. Is it cool? Hella. Would the game be any worse off if he removed it? Not really, but would it be worse off if he kept it?

Also, different metals will have different effects at some point afaik.

On a side note (purely because I've finally started playing with the mod in survival (just getting back into it) was the nerfing of the Wooden, Stone and Iron Pickaxes really necessary? As all that GregTech is doing is chocking my Wood farm at the moment (had to restart world) and added a forth piece of metal to the recipe. along with the need to get extra tools to clutter a inventory. As I said though, it is still a good mod.

Wood and stone tools are nerfed to allow for the existence of flint tools (I usually go straight from wood to flint, redundant but not really any more difficult). Vanilla iron tools were not nerfed, and if they were, it was to make you want to use greg's meta tools (instead of making an iron pickaxe in one go, you make the tool head, and then put it on a stick).

• Ehh, I guess it's just another part of the 'realism' thing. "Why can I only make tools out of these materials, when this material would do just as well, and I have more of it too?". Thinking about it, this is kind of like what TiC do, but on a much larger scale. Instead of having a few metals, they have every metal. Is it necessary? Not really. Is it cool? Hella. Would the game be any worse off if he removed it? Not really, but would it be worse off if he kept it?

Also, different metals will have different effects at some point afaik.

Wood and stone tools are nerfed to allow for the existence of flint tools (I usually go straight from wood to flint, redundant but not really any more difficult). Vanilla iron tools were not nerfed, and if they were, it was to make you want to use greg's meta tools (instead of making an iron pickaxe in one go, you make the tool head, and then put it on a stick).

Must just be the recipe I'm using. at the moment, for me, its 2 sticks, the two tools in some form, a iron plate and 2 ingots, for any metal pick

• Must just be the recipe I'm using. at the moment, for me, its 2 sticks, the two tools in some form, a iron plate and 2 ingots, for any metal pick

Look up Pickaxe (or any other tool) in NEI. You should see a pickaxe that's pretty much purely white. Click it for recipes. You'll see Greg's new system for making all types of tools :P. The GT iron/diamond/gold/stone/wood tools are different items to the vanilla tools.

• Two days have passed and no cassiterite vein, neither diamond, nor anything visible on caves. I want PFAA back :P

Look in the configs :P It literally gives all the info you need to find any vein of ore.

Diamond:
    I:MaxHeight_20=20
    I:MinHeight_5=5
    Look there for diamond ore.

Cassiterite:
    I:MaxHeight_120=120
    I:MinHeight_80=80
    In both overworld and end

Copper:
    I:MaxHeight_30=30
    I:MinHeight_10=10
    In both nether and overworld

Tetrahedrite:
    I:MaxHeight_120=120
    I:MinHeight_80=80
    In both nether and overworld.

• Wood and stone tools are nerfed to allow for the existence of flint tools (I usually go straight from wood to flint, redundant but not really any more difficult). Vanilla iron tools were not nerfed, and if they were, it was to make you want to use greg's meta tools (instead of making an iron pickaxe in one go, you make the tool head, and then put it on a stick).

I made greg's iron pickaxe and vanilla iron pickaxe. Vanilla one is better. Greg's iron pickaxe was unable to mine UB stone and broke in almost no time.

• Official Post

I should mention that you cannot increase the Amount of Veins in GT. It always generates the Maximum Amount of Veins, which is 1 per 3x3 of Chunks.

Also I already found actual Iron Ore in a Magnetite Vein so it cannot be that rare.

@above: That is because of the Harderrocks Config of UB being set to a 4 times higher Block Resistance. The Durability of GT Tools gets reduced depending on the Hardness of the Block you mine. This causes vanilla Tools to be slightly better on Stone, but worse on Ores. I will make a nerf against all Vanilla Tools btw.

-----

Also: I found a Solution for the "Block not minable in Adventure Mode" thing. I will make the Crowbar able to mine everything that cannot be mined using another GT Tool, so if nothing else can mine it, try the Crowbar. You still need the proper Quality ofcourse.

• I made greg's iron pickaxe and vanilla iron pickaxe. Vanilla one is better. Greg's iron pickaxe was unable to mine UB stone and broke in almost no time.

Greg updated, and it not breaking UB stone was fixed. As for durability, I have no idea why, they have the same durability (256 uses). Maybe because harder stone uses more durability to break than regular stone (greg said he would implement a fix, but maybe he hasn't gotten to that yet).

• Official Post

Yea lets mine the AE meteorite with a thaumium crowbar! ... :3

@oregen: Looking for heights is not that simple as harderstone is there in place, i'd rather look for rock deposits that i know i may find the ore.

• But what if you can't find the stone deposit you want? :P Also, TNT + Dynamite + Mining Laser.

Our arguing isn't going to get us anywhere except for into more arguing :P. The vote has ended, let's wait for Invultri to make a decision.