[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] IHL Tools & Machines

• JasonMcRay, its because hammer head made with casting. It hard to implement this in NEI (but possible). Check recipes for injection molds (from sand and clay dust). Also there is still nothing worth to look for, only wiremill factory.

• Welll... If its hard to implement with NEI, at least would be good idea to somehow let players know how to make those items. Tooltip is a good place to start...

• new crash with the latest version, 534:

couldn't add more so i took out what mods there were, what i can say is that i was using fast craft, 127 mods, forge 1355 for 1.7.10 and ihl errored in the loadup on post-initialization also accidentally didn't do paste as plain text (does that make the smiley faces not appear?) so there's some smiley faces.

• Official Post

I'd blame the latest Forge breaking things with the ore dictionary, but I'm not sure what they did to do that.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Oh, well that is simpler :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• well i'm really tired today, been spending the whole day since i got home trying to gt something to work, anyway another crash, doesn't happen in forge 1355 but it does happen in 1352

idk if this has to do with ihl but ugh my day man, if i update forge to 1355 there's a fluid problem with Thermal dynamics caught by the thing they added when i try to join. also thats not all of the mods as i ran out of room :\

• I didn't look up a code, but 90% sure its my fault again
    At first i add a muscovite ore, but later i rename it to mica, because gregtech uses this oredictionary entry. You can disable ore generator in config temporary, until i fix that (today).

• I didn't look up a code, but 90% sure its my fault again
    At first i add a muscovite ore, but later i rename it to mica, because gregtech uses this oredictionary entry. You can disable ore generator in config temporary, until i fix that (today).

ok thanks.

• Latest changes:
    - 0.537 Previous version (0.536) will crash a server (sorry). Its fixed. Scientifically accurate crafting for HVDC lines are ready. Handpump and advanced handpump are work on any liquids now.

HVDC lines are now fully craftable (i hope). Check wiki for details: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Mods/IHL_Tools_%26_Machines

Testing:
    Setup: 2 MFE connected via HVDC line. Steel cable 1.5 sq. mm/128 m.
    Voltage in: 8000 V.

Results:
    Voltage loss per meter: 0.82 V/m
    Power loss per meter: 0.013 Eu/m
    Eu transfered per tick: 128.05 Eu/tick
    Voltage out: 7895 V
    Power loss per squared EU: 1.034E-4 EU^-1

• but... wouldn't AC be better than DC transmission? (given we could use it for long distance non-chunkloaded transmission)

I've thinking a lot about this. Considering that IC2 E-Net is DC we need to go:
    LVDC -> LVAC generator -> Transformer to HV -> HV AC line -> Transformer to LV -> Rectifier to DC -> LVDC
    A weak spot is a LVAC generator. We can use umformer, but at this technological level it will have a very low efficiency. If we use inductance/capacitor oscillatory circuit (LC) it will have very low efficiency on low frequency (60 Hz), but if we use higher frequency, it will result in additional inductance losses in cables.
    Considering all was written above, efficiency of HV AC and HVDC lines are pretty close to each other, but if i go HV AC i need to handle AC energy transferring in my own E-net. Thus i choosed HVDC.