[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Power Utilites 1.0.4

• Power Utilites !

I am proud to present to you my new IC addon.
    In this addon i plan to add some new power device for IC.
    Now i present one cool device which convert IC energy to Thermal Expansion and reverse.

Power Converter !
    This is universal device (all in one) for convert energy of different mods (IC, BC, UE, TE) in future !
    Now this device convert energy of 2 mods: Industrial craft and Thermal Expansion
    Base convert ratio: 8 RF for 1 EU (you can change this value in config file).
    Base IC (input \ output): 128 eu (it's can increase using "transformers upgrade"). Maximum upgrade = 4
    Base TE (input \ output): not limit
    Input \ output side (EU \ RF): any side
    Type of convert can changed in GUI.
    Screenshots:

• Actually,

10 RF = 1 MJ
    1 MJ = 2.5 EU

So, the default energy ratio should be 4 RF = 1 EU

You should also add a config for loss. (give in %)
    For example, if there is a 10% loss on EU, if you input 100 EU, only 90 EU is converted, the other 10 EU is wasted.

• I shall be sure to use this ratio if my enslaved math calcu-rator finds them correct. :P Of course though, I will use the rf ratio no matter what. :D

• There already is config option for that.

@Sent:
    Once again, we lost you ;(

• Actually,
    10 RF = 1 MJ
    1 MJ = 2.5 EU
    So, the default energy ratio should be 4 RF = 1 EU
    You should also add a config for loss. (give in %)
    For example, if there is a 10% loss on EU, if you input 100 EU, only 90 EU is converted, the other 10 EU is wasted.

If you use 4RF = 1 EU, then magmatic engine give you 45 000 eu (180 000 RF). I think it's so bit little cheat for cheap engine. I calculate middle convert value 8RF = 1 EU. When converting energy from different mods can not find the golden mean.
    If you think that default values not good, you always can change convert ratio in config file.

Actually,
    Once again, we lost you ;(

I will back soon xD

• Agreed on the magmatic engine part. Magmatics are a ton less expensive than their IC2 counterpart (GTG).
    On Sent's server I've already managed to exploit that xD (like the next day we got this addon on the server) I built 100 magmatics and now have my constant 1000 EU/t, required to make first USH (already made one, so... yeah, cheaty).
    Also, that magmatics -> EU thing is 125% more effective (total of 225% of original eff) than geothermals (they burn 1 bucket for like 10k-ish EU, right?)

• Official Post

Yay, finally a way to power my Glacial Precipitator from a nuclear reactor :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• That is quite true.

But then again, TE itself isn't balanced, when you compare against Buildcraft.

TE's tier 1 dynamos produce 80 RF/t (8 MJ/t).
    BC's top tier engines produce 6 MJ/t.

• That is quite true.

But then again, TE itself isn't balanced, when you compare against Buildcraft.

TE's tier 1 dynamos produce 80 RF/t (8 MJ/t).
    BC's top tier engines produce 6 MJ/t.

Meh, its all the same to me. If a mod is broken, you adjust recipes. :P

• It's wonderful

I'm glad to be able to also convert energy of RotaryCraft.
    Energy value is equivalent to the UE.

As you build up a large energy in RotaryCraft, machines only use enough it is less.
    It is beneficial to be accustomed to use with other mod.

• It's wonderful

I'm glad to be able to also convert energy of RotaryCraft.
    Energy value is equivalent to the UE.

As you build up a large energy in RotaryCraft, machines only use enough it is less.
    It is beneficial to be accustomed to use with other mod.

Maybe in future !

Hi, when is this addone can update to 1.7.2? :rolleyes:

When Thermal Expansion will be ported to 1.7.2 ! :)

• Official Post

Got a crash, but not sure why. No ID conflicts (that I could find), so it can't be that.

• Official Post

Fine, I'll go looking in further.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Found it, for some absurd reason, by default with the FTB configs, block ID 196 is a multipartable block. Power Utilities uses 196, and no other mod by default in FTB uses it so it is strange that it is meant to be multipartable. I fixed it though :)

I see this too much.