IC2 Needs to do a Buildcraft

• Official Post

That is an excellent point, I wanted to talk about a value of a mod compare to other content offered, but I though my post was getting to big.
    Though BC pipes can be very intricate, it is retardly difficult to do a precise automations. (Try to keep exactly 3 items in one inventory without having your supplier build getting stupid big).
    But this Gears from BuildCraft aren't real tiers IMHO, as one tier of them doesn't really unlock next, they just crafting requisite. It is my personal opinion of cause.

It was the closest to a tired system Buildcraft ever got, and it did seperate machines out, especially needing iron gears for a mining well, gold for a filler and diamond for a quarry and builder.

When I was talking about other mod interactions, I never though of having power supplied from other mods as it would indeed ruin any repaints of balance.
    Though we getting a latest very sad trend where mods removing IC2 power from where it existed before(definitely not pointing fingers at MFR <.<)
    RF power definitely ruined a lot things for me as it is to effortless and to plentiful to have a challenge.

What would you suggest to interact with then? IC2 is really an isolated mod in terms of how it works ever since RF took everything else over.

Also about wiring in BuildCraft, it is very interesting indeed, but I found a base system lacking. Not having insertion pipes(though recently they did appear, which is a good thing) in base mod is rather sad, and keeping track of items in travel is difficult, without using other mods redstone(I just hate vanila redstone) controlling such systems can get difficult and items are easily lost within it.
    The biggest fault of BuildCraft that each time you send an item through it, you have a risk of loosing it. Which upsets most(including me, I hate risking my items). If buffers are full items will start popping out and despawning if you don't pick up.
    Would be good if item just would get stuck in pipe and could be recovered by player.

I always played Buildcraft with at least additional pipes, and additional buildcraft objects if it had updated. With multiple gates allowed on 1 pipe at once, it has meant systems can get smaller and avoid using as much external redstone.
    Items dropping out of pipes is annoying though, RedPower's system of back stuffing the machine that sent them was a lot more practical, but never felt as real looking at pipes just being a transport system while tubes being pressurised.

I personally find buildcraft pipes to be much easier and more fun to use then other pipes. That's just me though.

I'd go with that simply because they need more thought to go into them rather than just place pipes, hit with wrench to set up. They're also much cheaper early game. But then it's down to personal opinion how much you enjoy that kind of stuff.

Tinker's Construct not suppose to be taken seriously. It's balance is non exsistance compare to other mods.

This doesn't stop the idea from passing onto other mods. Pretty sure blood magic does it too. Despite neither being idols of balance, they're still in majority of FTB packs, so IC2 having something that can get around their armour avoiding tactics would surely make more people use it.

Also I believe Gravi-Suite is rather extreme solution which also doesn't give much besides armor and protection. Having speed buffs would be nice.

I used it mainly for the advanced electric jetpack/nano suit, it provided a good mid tiered armour between the nano and Q suit.

Rockcrusher is notoriously famous at being useless and poorly balanced against other mods so let's just leave it out.
    By multiblocks I meant a more efficient versions of existing machines.

I meant operation of machines, wouldn't be interesting to be able to dynamically tweak speed/efficiency and maybe improve some chances. So for example maccerator would have multiple macerating heads so they can runs at different speeds/efficiency. And compressing engine for compressor.

Now that as an idea I like, it's new and could be more modular so you could add more heads to make it run faster, but like overclockers it would have a point where adding more would either slow it down or massively increase power usage to not increase the speed much. Being able to control speed to efficiency would be cool too, so you could make them run slower but consume less power relative to how long it took.

And making crafting slightly more intricate would be nice.

That I personally don't think would help in matters, since there's already the dense plate system which is only used twice for RTG fuel pellets and nuclear reactors. There's enough variation with the components we've got, it would just be a matter of using them sensibly.

It is a good to just have a conversation. It brings more potential ideas to light.

I agree totally.

That got even longer :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I think what you mean by "do a Buildcraft" is the fact that Spacetoad returned after a hiatus .. So what we really need is Alblaka to make a return also. :P

• I have to agree, but, as always, i think that ic2 needs to revive the alblaka idea : 16 textures for ever, they combine a lot more with vanilla, since i try bluepower or ic2 exp i really wonder why all them (devs and some players also) likes 32x32 textures, they have nothing to do with vanilla, if player and TD, or any ic2 dev starts to add new stuff like BC does, they have to start for how the items/blocks looks like.I really HATE people taking a texture request like something minor, since everytime you place a block or use an item you see a $$$$$$ texture.

• @CubeWrench202

Alblaka is gone, and no one have idea when he will come back.
    I do agree that 32x textures stand out to much, but thats not an issue, especially considering that IC2 supports texture packs, which can solve that problem.
    And current people working on IC2, aren't skilled with textures, so do not expect a high quality textures from them. Any texture is a good texture in my opinion from them as they aren't known as artist.
    Bring down your visual expectations.

Also I believe that BC have awful textures, while it suites vanilla, it just doesn't work as pipes have to little detail. I have re-textured them for my self, but I cannot stand default look.

• The 32x textures are probably staying. They actually look pretty vanilla- the only other mod to successfully do is probably thaumcraft, and maybe Divine RPG (they had a couple 32x32 textures).

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Official Post

I think what you mean by "do a Buildcraft" is the fact that Spacetoad returned after a hiatus .. So what we really need is Alblaka to make a return also. :P

Based on what Spacetoad did, that might not be the best idea. He managed to alienate Player and more strongly Covert by changing lots of the code after not being there for months, which contributed to the fall of MJ. Not saying it was all him, or Alblaka would do the same thing, just what I see as what happened.

The 32x textures are probably staying. They actually look pretty vanilla- the only other mod to successfully do is probably thaumcraft, and maybe Divine RPG (they had a couple 32x32 textures).

It's not like someone's made a 16x16 alternate old texture pack or anything. ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Alblaka is gone, and no one have idea when he will come back.

Actually, there was a shoutbox entry by him not to long ago, and there is somebody toggled invisible online sometimes, according to SpwnX(somewhere in the Random IC/Forum Chat, probably him.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.