[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Nuclear Control 2

• Would somebody be able to explain the sounds.json file to me, like what the different values do? I was wondering if I could have 2 sound files that mix into one where one is the "startup" and the next is a loop

• For some reason I can't change the tilt or thickness of the "Advanced Information Panel". I'm using the Bevo's Tech Pack from ATLauncher which comes with version 2.0.0b of this.

I also can't change the redstone settings of the panel either.

• For some reason I can't change the tilt or thickness of the "Advanced Information Panel". I'm using the Bevo's Tech Pack from ATLauncher which comes with version 2.0.0b of this.

I also can't change the redstone settings of the panel either.

I'll look into that >.> I might of disabled it for it being broken.

Josh The sounds.json file doesn't allow you do anything super fancy, just add new sounds.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• So, I'm going to list the current bugs/issues here to keep everything all in one place.

Arrays are uncraftable Fixed that quite easily.
    You cannot get circuits back from cards. Not bug, feature :P I disabled that because it didn't make any sense- only one of the cards are made with circuits. I might find a better way to recycle those though. I shall make a poll I guess. For reasons of laziness Arrays can be crafted back into circuits.
    Code isn't good looking Easy Solution: blame Greg.
    Web: it will show that a reactor is off in the is on column, even if it isn't.
    Web: generator cards are incomplete.
    Web: using the time card is useless, since it only shows the state >.>
    Web: text card is derp (too lazy to explain)
    Web: counter doesn't round. Or it does it badly.
    Generator cards should make arrays?
    Counter should make arrays?
    Reactor sensor should make arrays?
    Chocohead is obsessed with arrays? Obviously.
    Can't change tilt/thickness in advanced information panel. And if you could, it would be probably be broken.
    Redstone settings are broken in all of the blocks.
    Advanced panel extender doesn't save recognize it's part of the panel if you unload chunks. Only if it's split between two chunks. Fixes itself if you re-log.
    You can... um.. place blocks in yourself >.>
    Playing with Gregtech has unknown effects another lazy solution: blame greg.
    Lack of NC-themed smileys on the forum.
    Mcmod.info is broken fixed that a while back.
    Everything I forgot.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Official Post

Arrays are uncraftable

The horror!

Code isn't good looking Easy Solution: blame Greg.

Not sure how this is Greg's fault, unless you blame him for not re-writing everything you do since he has a better way to do it.

Chocohead is obsessed with arrays? Obviously.

Actually, I think we need array arrays, so you can see multiple multi-cards at once :P

And if you could, it would be probably be broken.

Perhaps it is not broken, and it is infact Russian feature: You do not enjoy texture, texture enjoys you!

You can... um.. place blocks in yourself >.>

Greg, fix this. Make it so you need a tool to place blocks, like a glove or something :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Question to a developer

As a sound freak, I use your howler alarms to create sound for many objects in my world. I create sounds for machines that are silent by default, however I have a question.
    Is it possible for you, to alter the way howler alarm plays sounds, so there is no 'gap' between loops? It would be very nice really.
    For better example, I use the howler for GT electric blast furnace, which is silent. I setup a buildcraft gate to emit a redstone signal, when there are items in the blast furnace inventory. It triggers the howler alarm, which plays the 30 second sound file. All fine, but my blast furnace works non stop so there is always that little gap when the loop occurs. That makes all my effort to design a seamless sound go for nothing.

Could you consider such a fix in your next build? If you don't care, at least say no.
    Thank you in advance.

• It is possible. Now we play sound, stop, wait, check again the conditions, then play again or not. That's why we have gaps.
    But we can create another algorithm. We can start playing in a loop (without checking conditions) until we run a command to stop playing.
    I can add the checkbox "play in a loop" to alarm's gui to select the second variant.

• It is possible. Now we play sound, stop, wait, check again the conditions, then play again or not. That's why we have gaps.
    But we can create another algorithm. We can start playing in a loop (without checking conditions) until we run a command to stop playing.
    I can add the checkbox "play in a loop" to alarm's gui to select the second variant.

I couldn't be more grateful :) thank you very much. I am looking forward to the next build if you are going to implement that.

• Still incompatible with Cauldron?

Untested really. There's just no support for it, and there probably never will be since it's been taken down last time I checked (if anyone remembers the bucket drama).

Sponge support? Nothing planned, it should work fine without needing to do much.

• Keep getting this error when trying to start a world or open a pre-made one. I crashes the world and shuts down the server and goes back to the game menu.

attaching the full forge log for you, hopefully it'll help narrow it down. If not I don't know.

• For future reference, "latest.log" is preferred :P

I could check though, you're using version 1.7.10.08 of nuclear control, and build 1217 of forge/fml. That build so happens to be a "GIANT FML UPDATE!". Does IC2 work fine on it's own? Cause if it doesn't, bugging player or thunderdark is first priority, since we can't depend on something broken.

• I don't understand how this error could be. We use packet 1 to send the list of alarms from server to client on PlayerLoggedInEvent. PlayerLoggedInEvent is firing only on server side and on client side we have definition of this packet.
    I can't reproduce it so I only can try to add a small fix but I'm not sure if it helps.

• If somebody did wiki work too, that'd be great too :P

I would, but eh...

I will try and do some work on the wiki for you
    EDIT: Wiki appears to be down 504 error :(
    EDIT2: Wiki is back up will get to work!!!

About the mod. We have more than 1000 downloads but we have 0 posts with the bugs. At least one item is not working at all and nobody noticed that.
    I think it is the worst thing in modding. People want to have/use your mod but nobody wants to test it...

I am also willing to test the mod, send me a pm!

• I don't understand how this error could be. We use packet 1 to send the list of alarms from server to client on PlayerLoggedInEvent. PlayerLoggedInEvent is firing only on server side and on client side we have definition of this packet.
    I can't reproduce it so I only can try to add a small fix but I'm not sure if it helps.

Seemed to work fine in single-player when I updated my forge version (via my branch). Had some, um, technical issues with trying to get a server to work though, but it wasn't related to the code (I could run it fine, but I has issues with finding out my IP, further testing on that coming soon).

• hey is there an IRC Channel at all? Tried #NuclearControl2 on Esper.net but it doesnt seem as if it existed before me. If there is not maybe the one I just made could be the official room?