[Official] The Search for useless Items

• In the the wake of the further development of IC2 (for MC 1.7.10 +) I'm looking for Useless ITEMS which are currently implemented..

If you find one, ;) write a short or long Suggestion ;) about the future of the object in this Thread

Suggestion can be to remove it or add new game mechanics to use it or .......

Will gather great ideas and implement them over time

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 2 times, last by Thunderdark ().

• Official Post

OD/OV scanner:

Mode: "Ore Locating" Allow it to display one/two closest ores in the radius of its scanning range, regardless of value.
    Mode: "Geological Analysis" Will display total amount of ores in the scanning range, below the player (9xNx9/13xNx13 with N being height of player)
    Mode: "Advanced Ore Locating" Allow it to look for certain types of ores, given you have a memory crystal in your inventory containing the scan of that ore. If multiple crystals are supplied, one is chosen at random.

Dynamite/Sticky Dynamite + ("Nitro Dynamite" + Dynamite launcher):

Allow it to stack to 64.
    Increase blast resistance limit the dynamite can explode to 20.
    Make it NOT destroy items at any circumstances (includes dropped items on the ground)
    Allow usage with the miner, supplied on a special slot for "Electric blast mining" which will use (nitro) dynamite to quickly clear the way to the ores.
    ---------------------------
    Nitro dynamite is a regular dynamite crafted with 8 gunpowder. Nitro dynamite will explode for a 5x5x5 radius.
    Dynamite launcher is an electric "rocket launcher", dynamite style. Dynamites thrown with it will explode instantaneously upon impact and will deal 10 points of damage (20 for the nitro dynamite). Blocks are (not) destroyed [config].

Magnetizer+ Iron fences:

When powered and if redstoned will pull all items in a radius of 9 blocks instead of propelling players upwards.
    Attaching iron fences on any sides will extend the magnetic field to that side at the cost of increasing power consumption.
    Example setup: (magnetizer and iron fences)
    -Items---- |---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
    ------------\/--\/--\/--\/--\/--\/--\/--\/--\/--\/
    ----------- :Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Teleporter::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre:
    ------------/\--/\--/\--/\--/\--/\--/\--/\--/\--/\
    -Items---- |---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|

Telekinetic Collector (Magnetizer + teleporter + other crafting circuitry)
    Will "teleport" items on the ground in a radius of 5 blocks to the inventory automatically, at the cost of the same EU it would cost as if calculated by the teleporter, for a distance of 2 blocks.
    It is a wearable leggings armor.

Moar to come.

• Official Post

Grammar changes to make it make a little more sense ;)

I could have fixed it for him... i will do it next time :P ~SpwnX

Since this one is going to be deleted anyways: You say "Items", does that include Blocks? ~Greg

I just took in consideration the "useless" part, blocks should be reworked for more functionality aswell imo ~SpwnX

There are no out right useless blocks like items, just ones which need adding to.

I just tought of "make already existing stuff better" ~SpwnX

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Edited 9 times, last by SpwnX ().

• Official Post

How about making it so if you right-click the Redstone Upgrade, it changes it so instead of just inverting the redstone signal, it allows redstone control of the machine it's in? Or make it so when it's in redstone inverting mode, it makes the machine it's in emit redstone too?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Someone was suggesting this some time ago. It's about terrafarmer. Suggestion was to make terrafarmer change not just blocks around it but a whole biome. If it's possible to make terrafarmer change biomes than please consider doing it. If it's impossible, than I do not see any real use for terrafarmer at all.

• Official Post

Someone was suggesting this some time ago. It's about terrafarmer. Suggestion was to make terrafarmer change not just blocks around it but a whole biome. If it's possible to make terrafarmer change biomes than please consider doing it. If it's impossible, than I do not see any real use for terrafarmer at all.

Also adding two missing types of TFBP would be awesome to obtain nether and end biomes (also those would be more resource intensive than the others).

Secondly, make Terraformers work using UUM. Every 1mB of UUM would transform 16 (4 for nether and end) blocks into a new biome.

• Crops: A in game way to track crops and mutations in the crops. Something like the Thaumanomicon would work well for this as it would be a natural way to track the progression and other mods could add their own information into it.

Boozeception: A scanner that can detect how far the contents of a barrel have progressed.

Thermal centrifuge: A upgraded centrifuge that can accept upgrades at a higher cost of power. Players would still be able to craft the original but could then make a stronger one (multi block maybe?) for faster processing.

• @crops: That would have to make all crops derive from only certain ones, as of now everything is random.

I believe it would make the system better as that's the reason why (for me at least, I can't speak for all) people haven't tried crops yet.

• Official Post

The thing is, IC² crops own its own are good, but they are poor "content wise". For example add all the GT crops and then we have a complete crop system that is really WORTH doing.
    If that would be possible, i could write a "spreadsheet" with all the crop mutations and possibilities and some mechanic modifications.

However, that is not the objective of this thread. We need to make "useless" items more useful than they already are.

• Improve cans by decreasing the time required to eat them, as it stands there is little use given the amount of time taken to eat without QuantumSuit (which incidentally, can consume cans smarter, instead of eating an entire can when half a hunger bar down). Please also somewhat implement saturation (e.g. a golden carrot has a greater combined saturation and food than steak).

The booze system can be reworked too. Maybe add ability to automate it, either partly or wholly, and make obtaining buffs simpler. Or add slips of recipes on it that are found in worldgen.

• Crop Matron in its current state is pretty outdated. Something like tank storage instead of cells would be nice.
    Some form of liquid transport would be nice, maybe some sort of gravity-driven pipe system, used for moving liquids. This could make things like FluidEjector upgrades more useful along with canning machines.
    Renaming the canning machines or adding helpful tooltips to aid players in the differences between the two.

• Official Post

The booze system can be reworked too. Maybe add ability to automate it, either partly or wholly, and make obtaining buffs simpler. Or add slips of recipes on it that are found in worldgen.

There should be a way to industrially aim to get one specific type, and a way to check the stats of a crop.

I see this too much.

• I think there is a missing example what I mean:

Useless Items: Plantball , Compr. Plantball , Bio Cell, Biofull Cell

New Useful use: Add a Biogas production chain... by redesign (rename new icon) Plantball , Compr. Plantball , Bio Cell, Biofull Cell

• remove only compressed Plantball...the regular will use in Macerator to create Biochaff..
    Compressor recipes for compressed Plantball are gone

• most recipes now use Macerator (Output Biochaff)...no more Compressor recipes in this chain

I have no problem with other Mods for Autocrafting (AE2 ;) ) or Pips (Buildcraft,TE)

• Official Post

Well if they macerate directly into Plantmass depending on what you macerate then everything is cool (except for me having to remove my own Maceration Recipes into Wood Pulp for Saplings XD). I have no Problems with Autocrafting Mods either, I just don't want IC² to depend on them for simple things such as Biofuel Production.

And Pipes are no Problem, we have Hoppers of vanilla MC already (and the Ejector Upgrades).

Oh and the Fermenter was a great Idea, it should also work on Forestry Recipes (I mean just basic Recipes to produce Forestry Fermenter Items/Fluids). It also reminds me on doing some electric versions of basic Forestry Machines in GT.

• I know this is something not necessarily missing, but something usefull nonetheless, what about instead of pipes, you added liquid hoppers? More like funnels. This could enable complex automation of liquids without the redundancy of yet another pipe system, and it has the benefit of being original and within the feel of hoppers.