[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Iridium Mod v0.8 - Adds iridium ore to the world generation

• poke poke

is the mod still being checked/updated?

I am curious is the ore here being mined by the miner/adv miner?

what would i need to add to the config to add it ?

additionalValuableOres = OreDict:IC2:itemoreiridium, OreDict:itemoreiridium ? or am i getting it wrong?

• My mod is still being checked, I am adding some alloys and tools, just for fun, I'll have to learn how to do the config files to had the ability to turn the tools off and modify the spawn rates.

It should just be Ore:oreIridium, provided that the ore is registered as such

You are right, that should work, but it'd be more convenient if it was directly into the mod. But for now, since I don't know how to do it, try to add it to the config... :/

• thanks :) will have to have to miner go over some land again but should have good pickups then :)

You won't have to go mine anything else for now, I am just making a fantasy "Irinium" (mix of uranium and iridium).
    And I just don't know how to make tools for now since all the tutorials are outdated...
    But I am trying to make this update available before Christmas... :p

• hi! your mod is installed on my server, but i dont found iridium yet. How many iridium per chunk?

(I decompiled it just for you :P ) I think it's 25 per chunk, and 50 in the "mining world" (dimension ID of 6, I assume that's from Aroma's mod. Btw Devil, just using the number 6 is a VERY VERY BAD idea, since the Aroma's dimension ID can be changed via the config file).

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• (I decompiled it just for you :P ) I think it's 25 per chunk, and 50 in the "mining world" (dimension ID of 6, I assume that's from Aroma's mod. Btw Devil, just using the number 6 is a VERY VERY BAD idea, since the Aroma's dimension ID can be changed via the config file).

I understand, but how can I do that without using the dimension number ?

• I understand, but how can I do that without using the dimension number ?

It's sort of hard to explain. It requires adding Aroma's mod as a "soft dependency" though, which means the mining world mod is not required for the mod to function, but if present it adds special integration, interacting with the code, in this case to find the dimension ID. Btw, easy way to tell if a mod is there or not- Loader.isModLoaded("modid")

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• oh; i dont have insgtalled aroma mod ^^'
    but it's too much no? diamonds is more rarely than iridium.
    i hope that you'll relase a version with conf file soon :p

• It's sort of hard to explain. It requires adding Aroma's mod as a "soft dependency" though, which means the mining world mod is not required for the mod to function, but if present it adds special integration, interacting with the code, in this case to find the dimension ID. Btw, easy way to tell if a mod is there or not- Loader.isModLoaded("modid")

Thanks man but, I'll try to do something with the "Soft dependency" thing...

oh; i dont have insgtalled aroma mod '
    but it's too much no? diamonds is more rarely than iridium.
    i hope that you'll relase a version with conf file soon :p

The config file is now the number one in my to-do list

• If you don't want a soft dependency, there's still a better way. You could control which ID it uses via your future config file.

• If you don't want a soft dependency, there's still a better way. You could control which ID it uses via your future config file.

Sure that's a great idea! Better than a soft dependency for me, I am not a professionnal, I did this mod for fun and I just wanted to give it a try on this forum, it seems like some people likes it, then I'll try to keep it up to date but still minimalist.

I have abandonned the idea of tools in this mod, I think I'll make another mod for that later on. Anyways, thanks for everything!

• I like the idea of this mod, but I can't confirm the world generation works (using v0.7) - I can see the iridium ore block (and the crushed and centrifuged forms of the ore) in NEI, so I'm pretty sure the mod is installed properly, but I used a mining laser to dig tunnel mines at layers 12-14 around 800-1000 blocks long, first in unexplored territory of a single-player survival world that was started without it installed, then in a fresh creative-mode world, and I didn't see a single iridium ore block as I went (and I use 128x textures from bdcraft.net, which means the 16x texture would have been easy to notice). If I'm interpreting the decompiled code correctly (I might not be, since I've never tried to write a mod myself), it generates 25 size-3 clusters per chunk (for the overworld, I don't have mining world installed), distributed between layers 0 and 20, so I should have seen a few of them in my tunnel mines.

• I like the idea of this mod, but I can't confirm the world generation works (using v0.7) - I can see the iridium ore block (and the crushed and centrifuged forms of the ore) in NEI, so I'm pretty sure the mod is installed properly, but I used a mining laser to dig tunnel mines at layers 12-14 around 800-1000 blocks long, first in unexplored territory of a single-player survival world that was started without it installed, then in a fresh creative-mode world, and I didn't see a single iridium ore block as I went (and I use 128x textures from bdcraft.net, which means the 16x texture would have been easy to notice). If I'm interpreting the decompiled code correctly (I might not be, since I've never tried to write a mod myself), it generates 25 size-3 clusters per chunk (for the overworld, I don't have mining world installed), distributed between layers 0 and 20, so I should have seen a few of them in my tunnel mines.

I haven't test the world since a long time, I will check if it still works in a fresh up-to-date install with Mekanism (for the digital miner), last time I played with, there was no problem.

Hey, I finally found the problem, I'll correct it as soon as I can!
    (I have forgot to initialize the worldgen ... So nothing is generated at all...)

• Official Post

Great balance there :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Hey, I finally found the problem, I'll correct it as soon as I can!
    (I have forgot to initialize the worldgen ... So nothing is generated at all...)

I know how you feel bro :P I make mistakes just like that, but I do it more often xD