IC2 version experimental nuclear tutorial ?

• Hi guys,

First this mod is really awesome and some features are just epic !
    Today i was planning on starting a nuclear reactor but big issue
    The recipes are totally different from what i saw on videos and the wiki doesn't seem right either
    for example this doesn't work:
    :Empty Cell: + :Uranium Ingot:

It's supposed to give me a uranium cell but it doesn't ...
    So i'm blocked with my uranium ingot since i can't do anything with them (expect changing them into uranium 238 but the uranium 238 can't do nothing either...)
    For unlock me i need "tiny pile of uranium" but i still have a lot of uranium ingot and uranium 238 unusable :s

Anyway does i miss something i didn't saw ?

Thanks for your help !
    EDIT: Also i wanted to try plutonium fuel rod but there is no way to craft plutonium...

• the reactor system is being re-made.. you might want to search around the forums.. i don't know what it would take.. but hopefully once they reach a new version and focus on only bugs the wiki will get a big update

• Get NEI to check for recipes.

Although, as mementh said, the reactor system is changing, so you may want to hold off on it.

• I couldn't find an explanation on here (forum, wiki, bug tracker) so I tried a bunch of stuff in creative until I found something that works:

1. Run Uranium Ore through the Macerator to get Crushed Uranium Ore.
    2. Run that through the Ore Washing Plant to get Purified Crushed Uranium Ore.
    3. Run that through the Thermal Centrifuge to get Uranium 238 and Tiny Pile of Uranium 235.
    4. Craft 6 U-238's and 3 U-235 piles into Enriched Uranium Nuclear Fuel.
    5. Extrude an Iron Plate in the Metal Former to get Fuel Rod (Empty).
    6. Run the uranium and the rod through the Solid Canning Machine to get Fuel Rod (Uranium).

Most of this stuff is radioactive, you'll want a full hazmat suit. Also the Thermal Centrifuge needs 48 EU/t, so you'll need a lot of energy.

• Official Post

That's kinda what NEI was invented for, it tells you all that.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I got a lot on my list to do. If necessary though I'll try to do an updated wiki or a giant pdf on all parts of IC2 even add-ons probably. Can't do gregtech though. Sorry.

• I got a lot on my list to do. If necessary though I'll try to do an updated wiki or a giant pdf on all parts of IC2 even add-ons probably. Can't do gregtech though. Sorry.

please :) it would be nice!

if you can also talk about making one of the unlimited reactors that does the smaller output but less hassle?

• please :) it would be nice!

if you can also talk about making one of the unlimited reactors that does the smaller output but less hassle?

I'll be looking for some of those things.