[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Official Post

New version for testing: http://files.player.to/fastcraft-1.13.jar

It improves chunk load performance to be almost twice as fast on ForgeCraft 2 for client+server, but note this isn't chunk rendering, which still needs work. This resulted in -5% tick time overall. I also made the MC startup faster by a few seconds on my fairly quick desktop machine and added some update checking code.

• Official Post

I really think that you are cheating life here, you just keep making things faster with one small jar :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I signed up just to say thankyou!
    I was getting spam every couple of seconds telling me my server couldnt keep up. Since installing this server side i've not had one single bit of spam!

• The big holes in a world bug is even worse in the 1.13 newest version I cant even walk a few blocks without seeing a big hole now, but the newest version makes minecraft a lot faster, this mod just need that bug fixed to be perfect.

• Still getting big holes in 1.15 but they are less frequent, or maybe it is all a placebo? Btw pretty nice job these newest versions have boosted the performance by a lot, no problems so far. maybe the awesome speed comes at a chunk rendering price.

• Like many I have registered here just to say a big thank you to player for his awesome job with fastcraft.. This has made my modded experience SO much more enjoyable. Great work!

However... I cannot get the version 1.15 to run on my local modded server.. It crashes my client when I logon to the server.

My server keeps running and doesn't crash.. It's the client when I try to connect. I'm running a mostly FTB DW20 1.71 pack with the default minecraft launcher, optifine.. All mods updated.. running forge #1277.

• Player, what about FastCraft and Cauldron server, is that already covered or still nothing? Must to say I have Cauldron build based on 1231 Forge version...
    I did not tested it yet, bacause I know there was problem some time ago....how it looks like now?

• Official Post

I'm preparing FC 1.16 which will fix Optifine compatibility.

Woo! Is there anything you can't do Player? :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Hi, I have a bug with Java 7 and cauldron on 1.7.10. The only other mod I am using is RealisticWorldGen and the only other plugin is WorldBorder (to pregenerate chunks.)

I want to use FastCraft to speed up the pregeneration process, but I get a crash when I use it.

Here's the crashlog:

The server works fine until I add fastcraft.

• 1.-Do they stay forever, even if you walk right next to them?
    2.-Does it persist across reloading the world (same positions)?
    3.-Are collisions with the "void" working normally?
    4.-What's your normal fps?
    5.-Do you have anything updating chunks frequently nearby?

1.- No, they dissapear if I walk over the holes but the holes frequency is annoying.
    2.- They dissapear if I reload the world or if I press F3+A but when you start exploring the holes appear randomly in other locations.
    3.-Yes also I have never fallen through a hole.
    4.-60
    5.Yes

The holes also appear if I only use fascraft alone too, btw has anyone else here experienced this holes bug?

• Official Post

Talos that's "normal" vanilla behavior, FastCraft probably just makes it worse by loading/sending the frequently updating Chunk too fast - before the "hole" was drawn. I don't have a decent fix for this atm, but FastCraft 1.16 supports the JVM argument -Dfastcraft.distantWrsPerPass=n as a workaround, where n is the amount of chunks to update per frame for each pass. Set n to something higher than 2, which is the default, but apparently too low for your setup.

FastCraft 1.16 is available for testing at http://files.player.to/fastcraft-1.16.jar

It fixes the Optifine issue in 1.14/1.15, optimizes path finding a little and is compatible with the ColoredLights mod at some loss of performance benefits if detected.