[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Official Post

It fixes the Optifine issue in 1.14/1.15

Woo!

is compatible with the ColoredLights mod at some loss of performance benefits if detected.

Is that the lighting engine changes that it does that can't run?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Testing Version 1.16 right now with OptiFine and even the Shaders from Psychedelicraft and everything is working fine.
    I'm not experiencing any "hole" issues at all.

Also chunk loading really got faster! Good Job! :thumbup:

However I still can't fly at full Creative Speed into not generated Areas without getting a "Can't keep up!" now and then, but that would be impossible and has to do with the 187 mods I think. :D

• Thanks for the update player.. The 1.16 does indeed run and fix the problems with 1.14/1.15..

I also noticed black holes quiet frequently in the past but learned to live with them.. I will fiddle a bit with that that JVM parameter and see what it does.

Cheers again for the update, this is awesome.

Can I give you one question though which you might have an answer too..?

I'm running on a pretty nice computer (i7-3770K, GTX 670, 16 gigs of ram, win 8.1 /ubuntu 64-bit) and eventhough I'm running well over 150 fps at times ( usually have vsync on though) or at 70 fps constant I still suffer very frequent (minor) stutters.. Very noticable though and very annoying.

CPU load/gpu load is by far not maxed... I would think that at vsync 60 or non vsync 60/70 fps constant you shouldn't see any stuttering/tearing in the game...

• I just wanted to thank you, Player, for adding Colored Lights support. This update will enable me to properly build a server for my friends to play on with all the pretties and doodads they desire. :) Very nice work!

• It looks like this mod is making ColoredLightsCore behave pretty buggy since it alters some parts of the lighting system. Maybe enable compatability with it by disabling some stuff when it is installed?

• Yeah... We fight pretty badly (over lighting update hooks I think). Feel free to contact me via git.

Oddly enough, nothing crashes, but lights fail to do much of anything, and i"m quite interested in working on resolving the issue somehow.

Edit: I see you've already release a version to fix this. Fantastic! Let me know if you need to chat.

• Official Post

Can I give you one question though which you might have an answer too..?

I'm running on a pretty nice computer (i7-3770K, GTX 670, 16 gigs of ram, win 8.1 /ubuntu 64-bit) and eventhough I'm running well over 150 fps at times ( usually have vsync on though) or at 70 fps constant I still suffer very frequent (minor) stutters.. Very noticable though and very annoying.

CPU load/gpu load is by far not maxed... I would think that at vsync 60 or non vsync 60/70 fps constant you shouldn't see any stuttering/tearing in the game...

This can be investigated by running sampler while triggering those stutters continuously (presumably by moving?). Sampler can be found in the OP, use /csampler start, reproduce the issue for 2 minutes, run /csampler stop, run /csampler export stuttertest, upload/attach stuttertest.nps from your mc instance folder.

• Talos that's "normal" vanilla behavior, FastCraft probably just makes it worse by loading/sending the frequently updating Chunk too fast - before the "hole" was drawn. I don't have a decent fix for this atm, but FastCraft 1.6 supports the JVM argument -Dfastcraft.distantWrsPerPass=n as a workaround, where n is the amount of chunks to update per frame for each pass. Set n to something higher than 2, which is the default, but apparently too low for your setup.

FastCraft 1.16 is available for testing at http://files.player.to/fastcraft-1.16.jar

It fixes the Optifine issue in 1.14/1.15, optimizes path finding a little and is compatible with the ColoredLights mod at some loss of performance benefits if detected.

Where I can find the download link for 1.6? Could you add that jvm argument to the newest version please? Also I cant believe how this mod improves fps a lot more than optifine with all its options, specially for people with not so good graphic cards like me.

• You have to open it in VisualVM, otherwise it's just partially compressed binary data ;)

I can't see anything too unusual, just quite high on the entity and tile entity rendering and Optifine may have non-ideal synchronization with its update thread, blocking for quite a bit.

Any chance of getting this working on cauldron?, atm it just seems to stop the server from starting completly.

• Any chance of getting this working on cauldron?, atm it just seems to stop the server from starting completly.

FastCraft doesn't work with Cauldron, but have you tried using the latest Forge and FastCraft? On my server it's running fantastically. The key is to just give it some time to settle once it gets going, you'll see a lot of "Can't keep up" messages, but after that, it should be way better.

Unless you need Cauldron for plugins that is. Then I guess you're stuck. =/

• You have to open it in VisualVM, otherwise it's just partially compressed binary data ;)

I can't see anything too unusual, just quite high on the entity and tile entity rendering and Optifine may have non-ideal synchronization with its update thread, blocking for quite a bit.

Thanks player for taking a look. Yeah I read it can be opened in visualvm but I need to install the JDK for it.. I'll do that in just a bit.

Leaving optifine out is a no go because then the chopiness and framerates suffer so much it is unplayble (for me)... But who knows maybe optifine will get an updated release someday because it doesn't work well with the latest versions of forge.

What is troubling is that when I enable the lag meter on F3, every half a second I see these huge big red lined spikes... At the times the stutters occur... grr.

• Repeatable crash, happened in all versions since .9