[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• another thing you can do is create the modpack on the Technic launcher as it is much easier than trying curse when you have FastCraft in it.

Even if someone wanted to include fastcraft into a curse modpack, it actually is not possible. Unless it is either added to the list here: https://docs.google.com/spread…F1OKy56cHxKNdk/edit#gid=0
    And this is what is says on that page about fastcraft for curse:

"Since everyone keeps asking: Fastcraft and IndustrialCraft2 include conditions we cannot enforce. We cannot add them to the list at this time."

So through that method, it is not possible unless the license was adapted, but I think that is not what Player wants with his mod.

the other option would be Player mirroring the download on Curse Forge which would then allow curse modpacks to use the mod. and when he has a new version. he could completely delete the old versions (not archive, actual delete) leaving only the newest FastCraft available to be downloaded. If the pack authors don't update the modpack, then theoretically it would fix all curse packs from distributing an old version of the mod automatically since there wouldn't be a file to download. Plus it would give you a tally of how many people are using fastcraft which might be nice. But again, that is completely a decision up to Player.

• And I have a new test build: http://files.player.to/tmp/fastcraft-1.22-ctest7.jar

Besides a few more tweaks this should fix compatibility with Optifine (at reduced performance benefits), ShadersMod and add compatibility for Cauldron (needs testing).

I've been noticing render chunks (the 16^3 bits) flickering in and out every so often with this build, Did notice a further slight improvement in FPS though, although it looks as if more chunks are remaining visible with this version. (30~40 versus the 15~30 of the previous test version)

• Hello! I am currently making a modpack called Elementary for the FTB launcher and I am going to include Fastcraft in it (with notifications about it in the description). I will follow all the regulations you have set up. Keep up the good work.

• Entoarox: I don't see any of that myself. Did you enable async culling in the config? Any more insight?

I did not change anything in the config, so unless it is enabled by default I did not.

Unfortunately, the render chunks disappearing on me happens only very rarely, and I've yet to find a way to purpousely cause it to happen, so I'll have to get back to you on that if I manage to do so.

EDIT: With a bit of luck I managed to get it to repeat often enough to take a screenshot of it happening, but I honestly found no clear reason as to why it repeated so often.
    See the attached screenshot where the beacon beams that should be progressing all the way up to y 256+ getting cut off visually.

• crash when generating dungeon from other mod:

using:
    fastcraft 1.21
    sgs treasure 3.0

• I am using this mod in my modpack, 'Ultimate Eons', hosted on the Technic client, soon to be FTB client, with the instruction that it IS on the pack on the descriptions of both.

I agree to the terms wholeheartedly.

Ultimate Eons Technic Link

You want to die so badly? Come closer, I'll help you.

• Official Post

That looks like Biome o Plenty's fault, unless it doesn't happen without Fastcraft.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

jznomoney: Thanks, should be fixed in ctest8.

Razorskills: I'm still waiting on Curse to make their TOS less ridiculous (esp. the change clause).

Entoarox: I saw it once myself, but it's rather tricky to investigate and reproduce in-dev.

CkpeVZE: The bug isn't in FastCraft, the FC method you see there is merely a detector and doesn't affect execution.

gopwro: Not a FC bug either, the block received an invalid metadata somehow and BOP doesn't handle that. Report it to them. You should be able to locate the broken block(s) with Sampler (see OP, 2nd spoiler) by running "/sampler find biomesoplenty.common.blocks.BlockBOPNewGrass --unloaded --meta=3", assuming they don't reuse the block with a different metadata range. Remove them with the setblock command or a world edit solution of your choice.