[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Hey there!
    First off I want to say your mod is awesome. I have no idea how you pulled it off but, at least for me, you have succeeded in making meaningful performance improvements, in particular for chunk loading. I thought you would like to know that it appears something happened during the update from 1.21 to 1.22 that broke the MC Helicopters mod. I discovered that when using 1.23, the cockpit interface of MC Helicopters vehicles would stutter as soon as the vehicle begins moving. I have personally tested this with the "F35A Lightning II" and a few more vehicles and have come up with this issue. The same issue appears in 1.22 but is not there in 1.21. Also, using optifine fixes the issue for all tested versions, but using optifine is not an option for me due to its buginess. If you want to test it yourself, the page to download the mod from is the original japanese language forum, I can give you a link if you want. If there is any more help I can provide feel free to message me. Thanks!

• Official Post

Player, I once in MC1.5 made something that fixed the darn light update Lag on clients by disabling parts of this function in the Chunk.class when the world is clientside. Serverside it shouldn't be disabled.

/**
    * Called once-per-chunk-per-tick, and advances the round-robin relight check index per-storage-block by up to 8
    * blocks at a time. In a worst-case scenario, can potentially take up to 1.6 seconds, calculated via
    * (4096/(8*16))/20, to re-check all blocks in a chunk, which could explain both lagging light updates in certain
    * cases as well as Nether relight
    */
    public void enqueueRelightChecks()

and yes that light update lag is STILL a problem despite being claimed to be fixed.

• So, I tried to apply this to my modpack, it works, but there appears to be a pretty spectacular bug...
    I'd like to use this in my modpack, but some reason why this is happening and a fix for it would definitely be useful first.

To be specific, my whole world loads great, but looks like this. I can move around fine, I can interact with all blocks and entities fine, but not a single block ever loads. Even exiting the world and reentering, as well as changing graphics settings.

This was also definitely the only new mod I added, so although I have no crash report, fastcraft is certainly part of the problem. Unfortunately, another mod has given me enough logspam that I can't find anything about this in there either.

Also, on another topic, it'd be nice to get this compatible with the betweenlands mod. Last I checked, they had given up on figuring out what was not working between the two.

• Same as in ArloTheEpic, but in a smaller scale.
    ----
    //quote fragment

So, I tried to apply this to my modpack, it works, but there appears to be a pretty spectacular bug...
    I'd like to use this in my modpack, but some reason why this is happening and a fix for it would definitely be useful first.

goto config fastcraft.ini, change this:

Code
    asyncCulling = false
    enableCullingTweaks = false

it will reduce the number of invisible objects significantly.

• Official Post

rdsn: Using optifine most likely just makes Fastcraft disable one of its optimizations. I'm quite busy atm, I'll look into it as time allows.

GregoriusT: The client needs to do those calculations, otherwise there's some situations where lighting won't be correct. That code is one of several light glitch fixups.

ArloTheEpic / Bogdan-G: Can you isolate a specific mod or subset of mods causing this? It certainly doesn't happen with just FC+Forge. Please try removing mods other than FC until the problem disappears to find out what's conflicting.

Razul Antiwield: There's nothing special to it, FC doesn't have any client <-> server dependency. It works just fine on only the client, only the server, both or even with mismatched versions. I've explicitly implemented compatibility with Optifine, you can use them at the same time.

• Official Post

GregoriusT: The client needs to do those calculations, otherwise there's some situations where lighting won't be correct. That code is one of several light glitch fixups.

Is it possible to outsource that code into another thread? Because this does a shitton of FPS Lag for no reason. It is one of those things that make MC unplayable on not so good computers and very annoying on regular computers.

And when I disabled it clientside, it had no breaking effects or even anything visible that could be a light glitch (despite exploding a lot of the world). This Fix is really just a "iterate through everything just to kill a tiny little aesthetic edge case", and worst is that it doesnt really work like it should because I think this is for special light opacity cases like leaves or water and those are still broken.

• Hi Player,

I got this one at world loading:

[20:55:18] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Bar Finished: ServerStarted took 0,560s
    [20:55:19] [Server thread/INFO] [da3dsoulASMFix/]: Transforming Class: net/minecraft/pathfinding/PathFinder
    [20:55:19] [Server thread/INFO] [da3dsoulASMFix/]: Transformed Method: func_82565_a
    [20:55:19] [Server thread/INFO] [da3dsoulASMFix/]: Transformed Method: func_82565_a
    [20:55:19] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FastCraft/]: 28 / 34 applied
    [20:55:19] [Server thread/TRACE] [FastCraft/]: ed3007f9 0970149f 273bbe33 c941cadb 7d93c5f7 077f1cfb
    [20:55:30] [Server thread/INFO] [FML/]: Unloading dimension 1
    [20:55:30] [Server thread/INFO] [FML/]: Unloading dimension -100
    [20:56:15] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save TEST

Looks like something went wrong with fastcraft on world loading, throwing me back to the main menu.
    I'm playing with fastcraft v1.23. If you need more info's just tell me.