Goodbye Hoppers!!!

• The Electronic sorting machine is overpowered but balanced!!!

first it requires power! can take a transformer upgrade but not sure what it needs as base/min

its FAST!!!

its PROGRAMABLE!!!

I was playing with the pump and seeing about a infinite water source option for ore washers ( found out liqud ejector upgrade it will move to the side 1.. but not 2 (bug?) so two pumps are best)

then i figured out it had to be possable to do automate alot.. but hopper options were crazy large and complex

in comes the electronic sorter

this is a ore wash system ( could add macerators to the side and chests to drop into them to make it allmost all automated )
    it moves all tiny piles of X to the chest.

it moves all purified items to the two thermal centerfuges in the middle

it moves the resulting dust to the indduction furnace ( which i added a lever to later on to make it stay hot)

furnace outputs back and puts the bars into the chest

( all stone dust goes to the recycler and then scrap goes to the chest )

a bit proud since i can do this in live and have it work decently till i get more built

*edit*
    on my live world i spaced the pumps apart by 2.. and gave them there own pools ( experimentation found they would empty a row of water too quickly when initializing or if i ever needed to use the pumps to fill fluid containers later)

• Official Post

A rather expensive way of doing it, all those thermal centrifuges using mining lasers for a start :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• A rather expensive way of doing it, all those thermal centrifuges using mining lasers for a start :P

I had more than enough resources, so why not? :)

I was happy with the results, just needed the power to drive them all. I haven't touched Minecraft for a few months, so may pick up and complete the build I was aiming for. Or start all over again! Just need my desire to play return. :sleeping:

• You can only say goodbye hoppers if we get an IMPORT upgrade.
    That is why i would like it to be implemented, also note that hoppers are awful to the server performance.

Aside that, pretty good setups there guys.

the item sorter can sent to the items.. to furnances.. so its a outside import??

Still does not allow chest buffers nor IC-Othermod compact setup integration

? have take a loot on "Item Buffer" its a 2*(chest hopper) block...I use it for connect my Sorting System with AE or buildcraft

• ? have take a loot on "Item Buffer" its a 2*(chest hopper) block...I use it for connect my Sorting System with AE or buildcraft

You can only say goodbye hoppers if we get an IMPORT upgrade.
    That is why i would like it to be implemented, also note that hoppers are awful to the server performance.

Aside that, pretty good setups there guys.

I am seeing what you mean.. we need to be able to export items to a chest.. and then when requested it pulls from a chest to the path.

IE

empty chest.. you put copper ore in..

macerators are empty.. so it sends the ore till the macerators are full then stops pulling from the chest.

macerator finishes a ore.. the sorting blocks sends it to the ore washer, unless its full/can't accept it, then it goes to a chest as a buffer
    ore washer needs a ore and it pulls from chest to wash and same situation happens to the thermal centerfuge as it did from macerator to washer..

after centerfuge it goes to the induction furnace and then out to a exit chest and done!

I would like to see a import upgrade for the item sorters..
    you would need only one for each input path...
    so it should be made of sticky pistons rather then normal.. and should require advanced circuts adv machine case and a chest?

( i figure the logic to pull might be complicated but doable?

*Edit*

after playing with the item sorter for a bit.. i am thinking again.. that i am either missing some logic of using them.. or that moving items through them needs to be a seperate path.. IE the "buffer space" needs to be isolated from the "move around" space..

its too easy to have a buffer 100% full and clog the works for other things to go through ... you have to babysit to a degree to not clog things ( esp if you want to setup a automated process for things.)
    having better/more logic spots for things might help since if you get more complex you run out of spaces

still like them and its 1000% easier.. just could use some more tweaks or I could use a better example shown to me as to how the logic works.

(what i would love is a option to dump ores into a box macerate wash spin then smelt and dump the results into the box when done)

• Electric sorters are awesome, but for most common item-moving tasks I prefer hoppers, since they are cheaper and MUCH less complicated to craft.

Also how much power does electric sorter actually use?

• Electric sorters are awesome, but for most common item-moving tasks I prefer hoppers, since they are cheaper and MUCH less complicated to craft.

Also how much power does electric sorter actually use?

they don't use alot.. i have a low end xformer powering like 6+ of them ( 128 eu/t max for a brief second).. they only use energy when moving items and there internal buffer is neough to work for a bit.
    major bug that was for a while was burning energy when holding.. ( fixed a while back)