Fluid distributor seems too expensive

• So the new fluid distributors are pretty neat. In creative mode, I managed to set up a stack of 6 fermenter/heater pairs surrounded by distributors to pull the biogas out of the fermenters and feed it back into both the heaters, and 4 semifluid generators to produce 64 eu/t, with another set of distributors on top to feed in fresh biomass from a canning machine full of biochaff. I was very pleased with this setup and went to my survival world to try it out only to realize that the distributor requires a machine casing and five fluid ejector upgrades to make! That makes it even more expensive than a fluid regulator. Please consider changing the recipe to output either 4 or possibly even 8 of them per batch.

• Machine casing + 5 fluid ejector = 23 iron + 13 copper(if you use the metal former) + 25 tin.

That's not really very expensive

For a block that is a glorified pipe, it sure is. It takes 16 of them to pipe the biogas around 6 fermenters... 368 iron is pretty steep just to automate the process of collecting and transferring the biogas. It certainly should not be more expensive than the fluid regulator, which everyone already seems to consider to be expensive, but at least it holds 10 times as much and regulates the rate of transfer.

• Official Post

For a block that is a glorified pipe

It isn't designed to be a glorified pipe, it's designed for BC pipes on a steam boiler. It's expected you have another mod adding pipes, or work arounds will be expensive.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It's not a pipe...more like a fluid sorting machine ;)

No, it isn't. It pulls fluid from all but one side and pushes it to the remaining side, or vice versa. It doesn't take multiple fluids and doesn't sort them.

If you are going to use BC for pipes then what need have you for the fluid distributor? BC pipes already can split and combine multiple flows. I'd rather not use a bunch of completely different mods when it is this one that I like. It seemed that this was the fluid transport system this mod uses; but it's kind of silly expensive.

It really isn't a machine so it doesn't seem like it should use a basic machine casing -- just tin casings, like a fluid cell.

• Official Post

If you are going to use BC for pipes then what need have you for the fluid distributor?

Because the best BC pipes can only move 40mb/t, while a steam boiler can output 100, 200mb/t etc. So you can use the fluid distributor to split the flow over multiple pipes, so all the steam or superheated steam can be moved at once. And, it can combine the multiple flows into a steam turbine too, so you only use one block face as well.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Because the best BC pipes can only move 40mb/t, while a steam boiler can output 100, 200mb/t etc. So you can use the fluid distributor to split the flow over multiple pipes, so all the steam or superheated steam can be moved at once. And, it can combine the multiple flows into a steam turbine too, so you only use one block face as well.

Why would you want to transport steam? The only thing you can do with it is drive a turbine, which you may as well just attach to the steam generator.

• Official Post

From what I can tell, as long as the turbine's getting steam, the rotor takes a flat amount of damage. Whether it's 1mb/t or 1000mb/t.

I see this too much.

• i'm using both - bc pipes are too slow and tend to get clogged if longer (fluid) so i use fluid distributors as hubs for joining pipes. only 4 ports with bc gold pipes taking all my 1000 hu from reactor. also sorting and transport is way better with pipes - they are much more practical than sorters. (actually diamond pipe replacement) I would just improve bc coding for pipe wiring (those cables on pipes) and pipes themselves it is so not optimal.

Inteligence is not everything - wisdom is more than that.
    "Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero

• Official Post

Just my 2 emeralds:

I try to limit the number of mods I use, so I'm only use IC2 and JEI. I realize these are expensive, I would like them less so, but once a minder is running Tin does not seem to be an issue. Admittedly, my tin looks much more sparse compared to when I played 2-3 years ago...

Don't forget to reduce the number of motors by making Dense Tin Plates!

7 distributors = 190 Tin, 68 Iron, 8 copper, 12 glass

1 Distributor = 27 Tin, 10 iron, 1 copper, 2 glass
    VASTLY reduces the amount of copper & iron

9 ejectors = 36 Tin + (1 engine = 3 iron + 1 tin + 6 copper?)

36 ej = 148 Tin, 12 iron, 8 copper

21 univ. cells = 42 tin, 12 glass

7 casings = 56 iron

total for 7 distributors: 190 Tin, 68 Iron, 8 copper, 12 glass