UU Auto-Values

• Official Post

I think they might be a little broken, especially after I used the /ic2 debug dumpUuvalues command. It turns out that the canning machine needs 625.4mb of UU to make, a while tulip needs 4.113 BUCKETS and 1 piece of wheat needs 106.9 BUCKETS! How is this worked out, since it seems that it has different values to what a normal player would think :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

I don't even think it's that. Using /ic2 debug dumpUuvalues give wheat a value of 1.0694382181818182E7. Which means a little over 10 million.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

It's only seeded with 2 values: cobble = 1, iridium = 12000 and recipes. Anything else is being determined from the average drop rate by looking at the world.

This means that it doesn't take renewables into account, including mob drops. As the uu calculator sees it some items are just being obtained through scrap box drops, which is obviously very costly.

Note that the value reported by dumpUuvalues is the raw value, it currently has to be multiplied by 10^-5 to retrieve the amount in buckets.

• Calculation of chunk content is nice move but feature extremely bad implementation:

System should scan multiple chunks of each biome type possible and select "best" costs for everything found.

Scans must be performed in 16 high sections, this will give trees, sand and clay same chances as everything else, since they spawn only on surface and never underground.

Also this will increase "rate" of minerals with specific depth by ignoring "rate" of that mineral outside spawn range.

If redstone rate on level 1-16 is 10% and stone is 90% expected cost will be 10 points.
    If one more layer above where rate is 0-100 taken in account cost will be 20 points.
    each next layer taken in account will double cost, ignoring fact of absence of mineral on that level.

• Why are you trying to replicate cactus (or wheat, or tulips) with uu-matter anyway? You can easily grow them to make more, so I don't think there's much point in trying to balance the uu-matter costs.

• Why are you trying to replicate cactus (or wheat, or tulips) with uu-matter anyway? You can easily grow them to make more, so I don't think there's much point in trying to balance the uu-matter costs.

I'm on an island in the middle of nowhere.
    Nearest desert is 1500+ blocks away. :P

I was just using cactus as an example since I was in dire need of some just now.

I just discovered Orange dye is 600 MB of UUM for just 1!
    Considering I need 4 to make another hazmat suit, that's a lot of EU which I have a huge shortage of.
    I can't leave to discover new islands or try and find the mainland because my reactor would nuke my island. I can't afford to shut it down because I need EU to make UUM, which can be remedied by finding more land, but I can leave because... infinite loop eh?

Point being the small simple items that most people can make easily are very pricey to make with UUM, and in some cases (like mine) I depend on the replicator to make these items. But I can't afford to make them which is a roadblock in my path of development.

A simple config option to reduce the UUM cost by X % would be all we need. :thumbup:

• I don't quite follow the logic of your claimed cycle - once you make a few boats, you should be able to shut down the reactor and start a new base once you reach the mainland, with a temporary switch back to manual tools if the buffers of your power tools (and of any batpacks/energypacks you brought along) run out before you've set up your energy production. I'm somewhat curious what you used (or plan to use) the cactus for.

Anyway, the config already supports specifying lower uu-values for specific items in the "[balance / uu-values / predefined]" section. I think it would be OP to reduce the UUM cost of all items by a given percentage.

• I don't quite follow the logic of your claimed cycle - once you make a few boats, you should be able to shut down the reactor and start a new base once you reach the mainland, with a temporary switch back to manual tools if the buffers of your power tools (and of any batpacks/energypacks you brought along) run out before you've set up your energy production. I'm somewhat curious what you used (or plan to use) the cactus for.

Anyway, the config already supports specifying lower uu-values for specific items in the "[balance / uu-values / predefined]" section. I think it would be OP to reduce the UUM cost of all items by a given percentage.

Thank you! I somehow didn't see that in the config file before... :wacko:

I didn't want to shut down the reactor because that would halt my EU production. I usually have my mass fab running constantly, using up all of the reactors EU output. That way, when I go explore, I come back to some freshly made UUM.

As for the cactus, I needed to make pipe sealant for buildcraft! :D

So I'll tinker with the config now and see if I can balance out the UUM requirements.
    I feel like that info should be more... announced.

EDIT: okay what is the data name for sticky resin? I've tried IC2:itemStickyResin but nothing happens to it's UUM value. 10.86 buckets of UUM for one sticky resin is simply insane!