distilled water evaporation?

• I wanted to ask, if this is normal that I constantly lose distilled water in my steam generator setup. What I have is:

Liquid Heat Exchanger heats up Steam Generator filled partially with distilled water. Distilled water goes to Kinetic Steam Generator, but with fluid ejector it ejects it back to the normal Steam Generator. I have the Condenser also converting exhaust steam into distilled water, it is pumped back to Steam Generator also. But from 1000mb of d-water, after 30 minutes I almost have nothing left in the tank. Is this normal?

• Official Post

I've seen the same thing, a full buffer of 64 buckets of distilled water is currently standing at about 30 after a few hours.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I saw this a lot at first but then I think it stopped. Do you have the steam generator constantly outputting steam, or do you stop/start it a lot? I have a hunch that when you stop/start it, some steam seems to leak out of the system ( visible ) and you lose that water.

• Official Post

Mine's constantly running. I know that stopping and starting it up does waste water, but constantly running I wouldn't expect it to, yet it still seems that you make small losses.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Mine is also constantly running and it still loses small bits of the water over time. I have 4 solar distillers outside to keep my d-water level stable. But is this a bug or intended? Maybe one of the devs can say something about it, then maybe we can make a report on the bug tracker or something

• condenser "eat" steam, soo it never return as much water as it took steam.

currently steam generators are joke\stupid\greatly underpowered compared to array of stirlings that need no mainenance and have simple design.

• Yeah I was also a bit disappointed when I found out that after all trouble I've been through while crafting and figuring out how all that stuff works, I get 50 EU/T. I use lava to create heat in Liquid Heat Exchanger, it is using quite much of it, I thought hey, maybe I'll just put 3 geo generators, it will give me 60 EU/t and less lava consumption. But I love the whole concept of the steam system, all the details and ideas are just great so I'll stick with it no matter what, even if just for fun.

• Yeah I was also a bit disappointed when I found out that after all trouble I've been through while crafting and figuring out how all that stuff works, I get 50 EU/T. I use lava to create heat in Liquid Heat Exchanger, it is using quite much of it, I thought hey, maybe I'll just put 3 geo generators, it will give me 60 EU/t and less lava consumption. But I love the whole concept of the steam system, all the details and ideas are just great so I'll stick with it no matter what, even if just for fun.

so far the sterling generator feels the most viable option to do this.. 1 liquid exchanger fully filled and :)