microsoft buys minecraft

• Let's see it like that: What happens if Microsoft fucks this up? I mean if it fucks up the greatest Game in History? What a reputation would Microsoft get if the largest Game Community of all time hates them?

I think they know what happens then and try to not fuck it up and leave it as is.

Exactly. It's like saying that increasing prices = increasing profits, whereas there are a lot more factors than that. But people are being a little too paranoid and narrow-minded to see it.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Let's see it like that: What happens if Microsoft fucks this up? I mean if it fucks up the greatest Game in History? What a reputation would Microsoft get if the largest Game Community of all time hates them?

Please, *do* tell us what would happen. MS has screwed people all over on numerous occasions but they haven't really lost anything in the process. They also haven't had any real PC game for years now, barely even any ports, so there really is no reputation to loose anyway.

As was said, MS has been very actively trying to murder PC gaming as a whole for nearly a decade to push more sales on XB. MC already has sold more on XB than on PC.

Also, as was said, there is more on the picture than just the MC sales. For MS the sales of XB are far more important than sales of stuff directly related to MC. Whenever they can get a single new XB user they are bound to earn at least an order of magnitude more from them than from having just sold another copy of MC. The Halo francise is a perfect example of abusing an IP to push their console at the cost of PC gaming.

• So from now on Minecraft is no longer an indiegame.
    I just hope for the best, that Microsoft understands well enough how the game and the community has evolved together in freedom and creativity, and that messing with that is absolutely not a good idea...