Are there any high-resolution resource/texture packs for IC2 experimental that have kept reasonably up to date with recent builds?

• I've been using HanFox's 128x textures for IC2 that go with Sphax's PureBDCraft resource pack, but there is a note at http://bdcraft.net/community/p…strialcraft-115-t155.html saying that HanFox has abandoned updating those textures, and according to the changelog, they haven't been updated since IC2 experimental build 431, but I've been playing build 645, and as of posting this message, 647 is the latest build I see in Jenkins. I was wondering if anybody knew of some other high-resolution (preferably 128x, but I might settle for 64x) texture pack or resource pack for IC2 experimental that's a bit more up to date? (similarly-themed resource packs to go with it for vanilla Minecraft stuff, Biomes O Plenty, Applied Energistics 2, and NEI would be nice too)

• Official Post

It's a shame they've stopped with the Sphax patch, it was a very good one. Thing is though, we were getting updates daily at least for weeks, each adding or changing stuff, so it would be very hard to keep up making textures with so much change. Especially with the reactor and steam generator GUIs changing, 10 builds and your work could be irrelevant. I don't know of any high resolution texture packs that are fully updated anymore, I'm not even sure if there are any now.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I wasn't sure there would be any better alternatives, but I thought I'd ask. I realize it would be impractical to completely keep up with all the IC2 changes, but I hoped there might be a texture/resource pack that was updated more recently than six months ago.

FWIW, the main PureBDCraft resource pack by Sphax has been updated for Minecraft 1.8, so there's one high resolution that's fully updated, although only for vanilla minecraft, not for mods.

Out of curiosity, do you use any resource/texture packs or just go with default 16x16 textures for everything?

• Official Post

Out of curiosity, do you use any resource/texture packs or just go with default 16x16 textures for everything?

and Actually, I use my own classic mod textures for IC2 and ProjectE, but other than that, no. There's aren't any for IC2 anymore, so it'd be hard to do. I've still got 1.4.7 and 1.2.5 instances with full Sphax textures though ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• That's a pleasant surprise. Thanks for letting me know about that. I downloaded it, and I'm happy to see higher-resolution textures for the newer items and blocks like coolant cells and the blast furnace.

• Official Post

Didn't see that coming, very nice :thumbup:

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Looks amazing, but it's going to take you months to do the entirety of IC2 in that high detail :P

I see this too much.

• Just so people know, the updated sphax textures for IC2 have a glitched construction foam texture (improperly sized, according to the log, and in NEI it looks like a pink and black checkerboard pattern on all sides).

Edit: this issue applied to the 128x textures I was using before. A little while ago, I switched to 64x textures, and the construction foam looks fine.