Config for the new E-Net

• Official Post

What I was getting at was that with a transformer in the middle, half of the run is at the lower voltage, which has higher loss than the higher voltage half.

Ohhh, well that makes sense too. Lower voltage = Higher current = More loss. Same in real life, which is why overhead power lines are at such high voltages, but low currents.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• in my test ( only did transformer 8k eu/t one on MFSE )
    https://docs.google.com/spread…3XFnwZ1k/edit?usp=sharing

orginal run
    100 block
    99.8610325 % got there

200 block
    99.721045% got there

with the 8k tranformer ( i used 4 MFSU's to get the full 8k eu/t)

100 block run
    99.937695% got there

200 block run
    99.8639275% got there

So amping up the voltage does help.. overall, but only save around 0.0766625% for the 100 block run and 0.1428825% for the 200 block run.

not sure how well this will be long term :/

• Very interesting spreadsheet you got there.
    It proves glass fiber ultimate superiority.

Actually, i think IC2 should substitute glass fiber with silver cables.

Very interesting spreadsheet you got there.
    It proves glass fiber ultimate superiority.

Actually, i think IC2 should substitute glass fiber with silver cables.

*GLARES*

silver is super super rare.. and uses 1 dust to make glass fiber.. so its already "silver"
    I would say it does prove its best.. copper is right behind in all tests before.. but can't handle the load :/ gonna test copper cables with transformers to downgrade to 128 and see how that works.. i am thinking either it will be equal to the regular spreadsheet or equal to fibers loss ammount..

At what point does a battery (MFSU etc) blow up? need to know this for propper testing :/ whats the max a thing could get? or can a battbox take a 512 hit? knowing this will know if you need a transformer to go INTO a box and if there is loss there..

• I've been testing this new e-net code and noticed some bugs. I set up a radioisotope thermoelectric generator and a 100 block run of copper to an mfsu. It should output 32 eu/t, but the eu-reader reports slightly less than that. At the end of the 100 block cable run it has a loss of ~1%. The really odd thing though, is that its voltage is reported to be ~254V instead of 32V. I saw roughly the same voltage and loss after inserting a batbox, which always outputs 32 eu/t ( minus the mysterious fractional loss ), and after adding a step-up transformer after that. I say roughly because oddly, the voltage went DOWN by a fraction of a volt after adding the transformer. The step up transformer should be raising the voltage and reducing the loss, thus increasing the total energy received at the other end, but instead, it has the effect of slightly reducing the energy received.

Also the UI on the transformer shows Output: 32.56xxxx... Input: 32.26xxxx... I truncated the numbers because they show like 14 digits of precision, which is a bit silly.

Now here is where it gets really fscked up... on a whim, I turned the transformer around and set it to step-down mode. The output actually *increased* to 256.421V and 31.7994 eu/t according to the reader, and its ui now shows Output: 32.11 Input: 31.80. Note that in both cases, the transformer magically output more energy than it had as input, and in the step-up case, its input was higher than the output of the batbox.

• Those little losses on output from machines seems intentional. But I can assure you that increased output it not. To the bug tracker! (If it let me make an account >.>)

Now you see me, now you don't...

• BTW, the water mills EU output is funky, I connected one to a MFE and it didn't output energy until I relog to my world, and then it worked, but after the MFE was full, I used some energy from the MFE but it wasn't filling back up :c

And NO FOR DA SILVER CABLES, Glass Fibre ( even if not logical at all, :floating dirt block: ) look much cooler, and if I were an IC2 dev, I would change the recipe so it requires electrum dust (so they are a lil'bit more expensive), that's what I'm already doing in my pack thx to MineTweaker

• BTW, the water mills EU output is funky, I connected one to a MFE and it didn't output energy until I relog to my world, and then it worked, but after the MFE was full, I used some energy from the MFE but it wasn't filling back up :c

And NO FOR DA SILVER CABLES, Glass Fibre ( even if not logical at all, :floating dirt block: ) look much cooler, and if I were an IC2 dev, I would change the recipe so it requires electrum dust (so they are a lil'bit more expensive), that's what I'm already doing in my pack thx to MineTweaker

With regards to vanilla IC2, using (and also adding) Electrum Dust makes it cheaper. You need to process Gold Ore anyway to get the Silver Dust needed for the recipe, so if you can afford Silver, you already have MORE gold. And electrum dust is made with 1 Silver + 1 Gold = 2 Silver, so you get 2 Electrum Dust. I can understand using it if you can't make it without a special machine, but IC2 Silver already needs at least a Macerator and Thermal Centrifuge.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• But if you have other mods installed, it makes the crafting a BIT more complex, and besides, why not adding another dust then, called the spectrum dust, that requires some rare dusts to be crafted, the recipe would be shapeless : energium dust, diamond dust, electrum dust, glowstone dust, and nether quartz dust = give you one spectrum dust compound that if you throw in an thermal centrifue, it will give you 1 spectrum dust, which can be used for advanced crafting ( like mass fab or lapotron ) and used in the glass fiber recipe, using 2 spectrum dust instead of energium and one energium dust instead of the silver dust, but due to the complex crafting recipe, it should at least give you 8 glass fibre.

Spectrum dust interesting property would be to convert electricity into light and vice versa losslessly, making glassfibre at least a bit more logical thx to this fictive material.

• What on earth is electrum dust? The one problem I have with glass fiber is the silver.. it doesn't spawn naturally so it can be hard to get any usable amount as the byproduct of centrifuging gold.

• So I don't know what the deal is, but now that I'm playing with the new enet in a survival world instead of just test, I'm seeing much higher losses.

I have a windmill powering a cesu that powers a miner. The cable run from the cesu to the miner is currently something like 12 blocks long, and when I measure the eu flow at the first cable block it reads 52 eu/t and at the miner it reads 44 eu/t. That's a loss of nearly 15% over only a dozen blocks!

• So I don't know what the deal is, but now that I'm playing with the new enet in a survival world instead of just test, I'm seeing much higher losses.

I have a windmill powering a cesu that powers a miner. The cable run from the cesu to the miner is currently something like 12 blocks long, and when I measure the eu flow at the first cable block it reads 52 eu/t and at the miner it reads 44 eu/t. That's a loss of nearly 15% over only a dozen blocks!

what wire are you using? as you can see in my tests copper is best till you get glass fibre for most cases

• That is why we uptransform, regardless of cable.

i feel thats bad in the long run.. a copper cable wont be able to take a 8k power will it?

i feel its time for a better medium range cable..

aluminum

made from dirt.. about say 20 dirt for a small part ? macerate 20 dirt.. then wash most of the dirty away leaving a resedue ( in the wash it consumes 20 at a time ) then its centerfuged to leave the aluminum parts..

or have a special machine to take it..and process it new?

then use the aluminum bar and say copper wire in a craft table to make "un extruded aluminum cable" sorta like bronze but aluminum is the majority. and machine it in a extruder ( metal former ) and put rubber on that.

aluminum works diffrently
    the higher the voltage the less drop you get .. but only long runs.. the longer the higher till say you get to 500 blocks

so a 500 run has say 99-99.8% effeiciancy at 8k eu/t ( less and lower voltages)

a 100 run has say 95%

and 50 has 75-60%

20 run is 30% ( huge drop the shorter you go )

so your rewarded to make sub stations to convert down/transfer locally with better wires ( copper ) to distribute to a say a room?

• Found another interesting bug. I have a little wind farm going. The first one I built I stuck a CESU under the kinetic generator and ran copper cable down to my base. I added two more generators by branching off from the main cable at an elevation of something like 150, moved 30 blocks away, then up to 170 where the generator is placed. On these two, I did not bother with the CESU. The copper cable runs down to my base, past a mass fabricator ( to use the excess energy ), and into a cesu.

I noticed that the CESU under the original windmill now shows full, as does the kinetic generator, and that its output is therefore 0, like the energy has nowhere to go. The EU reader on the cable however, shows 15kEU/t ( notice the k ). This is measured on the segment between the supposedly full cesu that is not outputting anything and the branch point. Measurement on the cable branch going to either of the other two windmills shows 8.7 kEU/t. The two generators that indicate in their own ui an output other than zero are around 70, so I would expect about 140 at my base, but there it is reading 780-880 eu/t.

• There is a bug in new e-net causing any generator wired directly with another -or touching other generator -(without let's say battery) to generate infinite energy loop :) to counter that every generator must have it';s own connection to buffer like battery or sth, not to generate excess power - but it still does generate more than should be - when you revert to old loseless enet, it will work ok. I used new e'net for a while but i think it is still too buggy.

Inteligence is not everything - wisdom is more than that.
    "Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero

• btw - uninsulated tin cable in new enet has fibre-like properties :D

anyway i would change fibre for silver - receipe can be unchanged - but it wiuld be good for the sake of rationality to call it silver cable.

GOLD - actually gold is very good electric conductor - and i would suggest making it a little worse than copper

Apropos aluminium - this is way better idea than tin cables actually - aluminium is about 2 times more lossy than copper, so is the tin cable in current setups- I would make this somewhere between tin and copper, and with aluminium requiring more energy to create( liquid salt electrolisis = lots of EU + machine) i would make it between tin and copper for energy loss but capable of 512 eu and require 2 rubber as gold cable :)

That would make it pretty good material for use apart copper and gold as it will be neither of them - depending on use.

so :

fibre(silver) : 0.025 eu / block - no electrocuting - 8192 capable
    copper : 0.06 eu / block - uninsulated - 0.16 - electrocuting 128 eu capable
    gold : 0.08 - uninsulated 0.18 - electrocuting - 512 eu capable
    aluminium : 0.1 - uninsulated 0.2 - electrocuting 512 eu capable (with 3 rubber 2048 eu capable ? )
    tin : 0.18 - uninsulated 0.28 - NOT ELECTROCUTING - 32eu capable
    iron : 0.25 - uninsulated 0.35 - electrocuting 2048eu capable

and btw - is there a way to make fibre cables glow proportionally to conducting current ?

Inteligence is not everything - wisdom is more than that.
    "Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero