Some questions, and looking for suggestions on which mods I should use now.

• Okay, I've downloaded Project E, but I haven't added it to my loader mods yet. I'll hold off on that until I've received your tweaks.

Also, IHL seems to be having problems at the moment. I tried the 5 builds provided in the OP of the thread, but all of them gave me crashes similar to the one that Lefty posted. Should I wait a bit to see if that gets fixed, or start without it since I'm using PFAA Geologica's worldgen and will probably disable most (or possibly all) of IHL's worldgen options anyway?

• Official Post

IHL seems to be having problems at the moment. I tried the 5 builds provided in the OP of the thread, but all of them gave me crashes similar to the one that Lefty posted.

The fix for IC2 builds 752+ hasn't been posted yet, probably as Foghrye is messing with the world gen some more.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Thanks, temporarily using IC2 build 751 allowed me to at least generate the config and answer SpwnX's deleted question about comparing IHL ores with PFAA Geologica ores (I saw it in the email notification).

PFAA Geologica generates apatite, bauxite, chromite, cinnabar, gypsum, limestone, oil (in 4 densities), and salt, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't generate bischofite, datolite, gyubnera, muscovite, potassium feldspar, saltpeter, or trona. I haven't used either IHL or PFAA Geologica before, so I don't know how important the non-PFAA-generated ores are, or if there are alternative ores available that similar materials can be extracted from via GT processing. Also, since Geologica has worldgen oil, should I disable BuildCraft worldgen of oil?

• Okay, that sounds good. As I recall, diesel generators have some advantages over steam turbines, such as better default efficiency, not needing warmup time, and not needing to vent excess steam.

• I noticed this morning that IHL has been updated to work with recent versions of IC2, so I started the world this morning, though I ran into a few snags already:
    1. The latest version of Forestry breaks NEI Integration, so I've disabled NEI Integration for now. Edit: turned out I was using an old version of NEI integration. Updating fixed this issue.
    2. The "Sildur's Vibrant Shaders High" might be too vibrant for me - I think using this might have triggered (or at least aggravated) the migraine I had this morning. I'm open to suggestions for alternate shader packs to use.
    3. Applying dye to the carpenter's bed doesn't seem to work (I've mentioned this on the MC forum thread for Carpenter's Blocks). Edit: disabling ownership in the Carpenter's Blocks config fixed this issue.

Update: It turns out that PFAA Geologica actually does generate Trona, and the ore sands from Geologica make it fairly easy to obtain iron, tin, and nuggets of gold, silver, and electrum early on, but so far it seems more difficult to get enough copper-producing ores to get bronze machines set up.

Edit #2: Also, all of the PFAA Geologia stone types, including the "very strong" ones like diorite and quartzite that drop themselves when mined instead of cobblestone or rubble variants, can be mined with a tier 2 pickaxe (or maybe lower, I haven't tried), making it extra annoying that GregTech red and black granite (which are not automatically disabled when PFAA is detected) require a tier 3 pickaxe, and GregTech metatool pickaxes of tier 2 or lower won't even destructively mine through them.

• Now I've run into some bigger snags:
    1. New chunks aren't fully honoring the PFAA Geologica configs now - mountains and hills with exposed stone have a mix of vanilla stone and cobblestone instead of Geologica stone types (and Forestry ores, confusingly, since I'd disabled those both in the Forestry config and in the COG tabs). I've added this to a post in the Geologica thread.
    2. RWG doesn't generate ocean biomes. (I went back a few pages in its thread, and it's apparently a known issue, though I hadn't noticed any warnings about that in the FAQs and such in the initial post) Now I'm not sure whether to use ATG, New Dawn, or just vanilla terrain generation.

Also, I'm thinking of making my next world an "ore-rich" world, with GregTech and COG/PFAA ores enabled in addition to rather than in place of the other mod ores, and maybe even throw in Galacticraft and Thaumcraft for their ores.

• I've started a few other worlds, and I ran into an issue where trying to use Geologica ores with Gregtech and vanilla/mod ores disabled in COG tabs left me with no lapis or lazurite ore in the overworld (technically I could get some lapis from bees or possibly the End). I've reported that in the PFAA thread, and noogenesis says it will be fixed in the next release, so in the meantime I'm temporarily switching back to a world that uses only GT5u, GemBlocksForGreg, IC2, and some utility mods (and even uses the "force adventure mode" option and finite water).

Now I'm starting to think it's better to have some redundant ores (by leaving vanilla/mod ores enabled in the COG tabs and/or mod configs) than to end up with certain ore types missing. (I imagine Chocohead would agree with this, based on the first line of his signature)

Here's my new list for a couple of weeks from now, or when PFAA updates, whichever ends up coming first:

Thoughts?

Edit: tweaked mod list a bit.

• I will put the post neutronium tweaks, though do you have the GT modtweaker mod ?

• I will put the post neutronium tweaks, though do you have the GT modtweaker mod ?

Technically, not at the moment, but I plan to do fresh downloads of the latest builds of the mods when I'm ready to start (though I have a vague memory that either COG or PFAA would only work with Forge up to build 1388 ), and I'll probably d/l GTTweaker as well.

• Since I hadn't gotten any further responses either here or in the similar thread I started over at Minecraft Forum, I went ahead and installed the mods yesterday (including the "uncertain" ones), though I ended up removing the localized weather one. I've got 93 downloaded mods, and the main menu screen says I have 150 Forge mods (I also have two LiteLoader mods, though one of them also counts as a Forge mod). I timed the game's launch earlier, and it takes 6 minutes 26 seconds to get to said main menu screen.

However, I started exploring, and got to a point where it looked like it had stalled out on generating new chunks, so I went to some nearby land and did a "save and quit", but then it got stuck on "shutting down internal server". I gave it about an hour before forcing it closed. I looked at several logs, and didn't find a clue as to what might be causing that. Can anybody help me track it down?

• That somewhat explains the slow chunk generation, though it doesn't entirely explain it completely stalling out, or stalling on save and quit. I was hoping my i7-4770k and giving Java a max memory allocation of 8 GB out of my 16 GB total would have been enough.

Edit: I got back to the base I'd started, and it doesn't seem to be lagging there, so now I'm clearing some paths (and might later add cobblestone slabs and stairs to make them roads)

• I am a newbie in PC gaming and I have never spent a lot of time for it, but you know sometimes there are moments when you just want to relax but my current PC is too old for games

I saved up some money to buy a machine, especially for gaming.

https://www.bestadvisor.com/best-gaming-pcs

All help and suggestions will be much appreciated

I'm not sure your post belongs in this thread - moving it to a new thread might be better. However, I'm not a big fan of prebuilt PCs. They tend to skimp out on certain areas (often the power supply - I'm having trouble finding much detail about the psu for the "best pick", leaving me uncertain of its reliability) and put more than is really needed in other areas (like the cpu - very few games can really see the benefit of an i7 cpu over an i5). Here's a quick build I came up with similar to that "best pick" but a little cheaper:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($228.79 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.89 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: ASRock - Z270 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($103.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($126.94 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.89 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING X Video Card ($259.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Deepcool - TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($51.89 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($17.79 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($87.89 @ OutletPC)
    Keyboard: Logitech - MK120 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($14.47 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1014.51
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-10 10:49 EDT-0400

If you specify your actual budget and your country of residence, I might be able to provide a better build for you.

• I would not use windows 10, it has serious issues with collecting data and even allows microsoft to look at your pc and download and use everything on there. Cooler and powersupply I don't know about, just don't know the manufacturers, the rest looks okay. If I pick a powersupply, I always pick one from beQuiet, that is the best one I know of, I might be wrong there thought. If it's in the budget I would try for a bigger hdd, 1tb is full fairly fast with the size most games already have, put a few videos or music there and it's full to the brim. Also a good idea is to get an additional ssd, even if it's just a small one for the operating system, the pc will boot within seconds with one.

Daenara