Old Terraformer Blueprints

• Official Post

Could we get the old Compression and Mining TFBPs back, as they'd make the terraformer a bit more useful and interesting. As well as bringing back some classic IC1 items :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Those two would be lovely, but I can't think of any IC1 items to bring back. The Lappack was overtaken by the Adv.Batpack and Energypack, and the portable charger is redundant :/

wee 500 posts

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Lappack can be added back, I can't see any reasons why it shouldn't be back, it should only be bumped by +1 tier so it would be tier 4

• Official Post

What do you think could be done then? Upgradeable range? Actually change biome of the area? Support changing biome into modded biomes? All those would be cool.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• What do you think could be done then? Upgradeable range? Actually change biome of the area? Support changing biome into modded biomes? All those would be cool.

hmm currently make it a combo of those..
    add range.. uses more power LOTS LOTS of power

and make it change the biom itself.. require 4 ( sorta like a quarry in buildcraft does) to set the chunks biome ( can only change a whole chunk not a partial? )
    and have a UI showing progress since it has to change a chunk all at once not part at a time
    I would say make it regerate the biome if it can.. delete and rebuild ? ( regenerate ores as a option for those that add new mods to rebuild old mined out areas)

but this would take days upon days normal.. upgrading the transfromer and speed would use lots and lots of power ( say total power used to rebuild a full chunk un upgraded 100m-500m ? total to rebuild with upgrade 1billion to 5 billion?)

• Biome changing would be very cool. :)

I've had another crazy idea for a blueprint, probably won't get implemnted, but if somebody wants to make it go ahead. Okay, so you craft the TFBP with 4 Plutonium and it gets you a mutation blueprint. This would turn Grass into brighter shades of green, make trees grow extra branches, make animals grow really large(or maybe shrink :D), erode rocks, set things on fire, maybe even more crazy stuff. It probably doesn't really fit IC2, but it sounds cool in my head and I would like to see some new blueprints :P

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Official Post

The past suggestions about it by me (look at the dates of the threads OP):
    Suggestion : Terraformer biome-change
    Suggestion : Terraformer Rework (With this one being the oldest, but also the most detailed and also contains the above)

@blockmaster: plutonium blueprint would be a "wasteland blueprint". Plants die, animals aswell, water gets polluted. Basically if IC2 added a new biome called "Fallout wasteland" it would fit perfectly.
    This biome would also be created by meltdowns and similar stuff in a big big radius.
    Terraforming (or other biome changing methods) would be the only way to restore it back to normal.

• The past suggestions about it by me (look at the dates of the threads OP):
    Suggestion : Terraformer biome-change
    Suggestion : Terraformer Rework (With this one being the oldest, but also the most detailed and also contains the above)

@blockmaster: plutonium blueprint would be a "wasteland blueprint". Plants die, animals aswell, water gets polluted. Basically if IC2 added a new biome called "Fallout wasteland" it would fit perfectly.
    This biome would also be created by meltdowns and similar stuff in a big big radius.
    Terraforming (or other biome changing methods) would be the only way to restore it back to normal.

Biome changing would be very cool. :)

I've had another crazy idea for a blueprint, probably won't get implemnted, but if somebody wants to make it go ahead. Okay, so you craft the TFBP with 4 Plutonium and it gets you a mutation blueprint. This would turn Grass into brighter shades of green, make trees grow extra branches, make animals grow really large(or maybe shrink :D), erode rocks, set things on fire, maybe even more crazy stuff. It probably doesn't really fit IC2, but it sounds cool in my head and I would like to see some new blueprints :P

make the polution one generate radioactive waste ?
    so that the changes to the biome make a farm there make trace ammounts of uranium ?
    or there is a new liquid of sludge that can be purified but have the radiation collected?

That actually makes a lot more sense lol. If we're going to make reactors even more scary though, they're gonna need a buff.

MASSIVE buff.. currently it makes more sense to use windmills then reactors for easy power generation long term.