energy from tools

• hey i'm new with ic2 and i don't know if there is a way to "extract energy" from the tools.
    like to put it down on the batbox to get the storaged energy that it has
    I tried that but it couldn't place it there

:Nano Saber: :Diamond Drill: :Diamond Drill: :Mining Drill: :Wrench: :Bronze Sword: :Metal Block: :Chainsaw: :D :D :Quantum-Bodyarmor: :Quantum-Helmet: 8) :Electric Furnace: 8o 8|

• If they won't go in the bottom slot of a batbox (or other energy storage block), that probably means there isn't a way to do that. I'm curious why you thought there might be, though.

• Makes no senses, do you use your laptop battery as a battery for you lights in your bedroom ? Nope, that's more or less why you can't do that ;P

I also thought about that in 1.2.5 but then I thinked about the concept at the top of the post.

• Official Post

Makes no senses, do you use your laptop battery as a battery for you lights in your bedroom ? Nope, that's more or less why you can't do that ;P

What if I have an USB powered light? :D

Anyways, you don't use your car battery to power a computer or so.

• I like this idea. Wear piezo boots, do some activity to charge your tools and then dispose this free energy into batbox. :thumbup:

• Official Post

Batteries are for storing energy, tools for using it. Neither are designed to do the other one's job.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Unless you have a gravi suite or other armor battery hybrid, that's pretty much why you can't charge bat boxes with tools.