[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] ElectricalAddition

• Official Post

What is this mod?
    Ok, so ElectricalAddition is just a little "playground", where I add random, IC2-related things.
    Note: Some Blocks/Items in this mod are just proof-of-concept and are made out of functional, but partially inefficient code. Just be aware of that.

What is in this mod?

This is a "playground", so it basically contains random features like:
    An EU-teleportation block.
    A KU transport method.

Note: this mod might not be balanced.
    Also note: One of my texture guys doesn't like me anymore, the other one, doesn't want to do textures (or is busy playing games). Therefore: no textures. If you want to do textures, go ahead.

Screenshots will come tomorrow.

Recipes:

Download and install:

NOTE: You need Aroma1997Core for it to run!
    Get it from here.

So finally, the download:
    Click here!

All versions.
    Development versions.

Changelog:

License:
    All rights reserved.
    Use at your own risk.

Credits:
    Code - Aroma1997
    Textures - Mine_Sasha

• Official Post

Fancy. So this is why you've not been working on IC2 :P

What are you doing for Modjam then if this is preparing for it?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Also question that people will eventually ask, this is IC² dependant and can it transport other types of power (RF for example)?
    Edit: Its missing textures, aww. Can't advertise it on FTB yet i guess.

• Official Post

Fancy. So this is why you've not been working on IC2 :P

What are you doing for Modjam then if this is preparing for it?

Have I not been working on IC2? It only took me 3 hours to make this mod.
    Oh and regarding ModJam, I have no clue when it is, but if I'd tell you my idea, it wouldn't be a surprise anymore.g

Also question that people will eventually ask, this is IC² dependant and can it transport other types of power (RF for example)?
    Edit: Its missing textures, aww. Can't advertise it on FTB yet i guess.

It is IC2 dependant and I see no point of adding support for other energy systems, since energy teleportation already for most of these systems.
    Regarding the textures: as stated before, I don't have a texturer anymore and I simply cannot do it myself.

• Nice :D

I'm probably going to make some sort of basic texture, slap a dot on the machine block or something.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Official Post

Have I not been working on IC2? It only took me 3 hours to make this mod.

If it takes you 3 hours to make magic EU teleporting blocks, you should be able to fix the E-net in a matter of days :P Still cool though

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• All we need is an AFSU/Teleporter hybrid ( if you can make both mod compatible ) to bring back the Holy IDSU ( Should be called AFSU-W , W for Wireless ). :D

I can provide textures if you want ^^

• Cool idea Aroma.
    Here a tip which would make your thing much easier.
    Instead of making a lot of IEnergySinks and IEnergySource you could make a FakeTileEntity that is IMetaDelegate,
    that provide all tileEntities then you can make them to IEnergyConductors and let them Send/Receive Energy.

• Official Post

Cool idea Aroma.
    Here a tip which would make your thing much easier.
    Instead of making a lot of IEnergySinks and IEnergySource you could make a FakeTileEntity that is IMetaDelegate,
    that provide all tileEntities then you can make them to IEnergyConductors and let them Send/Receive Energy.

That wouldn't work, because why would I make the TileEntity a IEnergyConductor when I register the Delegate to the ENet and the ENet doesn't even know about the main TileEntity?
    Also: I don't think there is an easyer way than having one line per function code. As I stated in the in the thread, I'm going for functionality here, not for efficiency. I just want to show what's possible, so it doesn't matter how I do things.

• That wouldn't work, because why would I make the TileEntity a IEnergyConductor when I register the Delegate to the ENet and the ENet doesn't even know about the main TileEntity?
    Also: I don't think there is an easyer way than having one line per function code. As I stated in the in the thread, I'm going for functionality here, not for efficiency. I just want to show what's possible, so it doesn't matter how I do things.

^^" That part of code would be same efficent, but it would make less sources to send energy, which would reduce the EnergyNet work (not network) on high use of these blocks.
    Also i did explain the stuff a little bit bad. (Explaining is not my strength). The metadelegate is the only EnergyTile which is fake tileEntity but all the Placed blocks are the positions where the EnergyNet would find to main conductor, it would be simply a pathfinder. So instead of having on input and 20 outputs (or opposite) you can have one cable which provide energy in both directions where it is needed without of calling every sender to send his Energy. So you do no longer have Sender/Receiver in 2 differend blocks its only one block. It could be callen Wireless conductor. ^^"
    But that is only a suggestion...

A thing what i nodest you useing TileEntity ticks to init the block to the EnergyNet. That is not really required, and there would be then only useless ticks after that. If a Tile of that requires ticks then you can override that. You should use onBlockPlaced in the block side,
    or you could use validate on the TileEntity side. That would make less TileEntities on the list which the world has to progress. Means simply less work for the World.

• Official Post

It crashes with an out of memory error

• That is not Arromas bug that could happen with any mods. It seemed to be that you have TOMANYMODS installed.
    Increase your Ram in the launcher which you use and everything should be fine!

• Yeah could be. But the Ramusage with Textures is not only based on the Flash ram (at least that should be the case(correct me if i am wrong)). It also depends on the graphics card space.
    Hmmm anyway no idea what is causing that. I already do not use for coding the Basic registry anymore.
    I made myself a custom Texture loader. xD (uses the vannilla even to load the textures) but is more modular xD