[Addon V1.0]Power Systems V1.1

• do you plan on making this smp when it comes out? I think it would be a HUGE help for my power grid.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• very cool mod !

but I want to test the power meter, and I don't understand how it works (but all the other machines are fine !)
    I see the power through it in the GUI (counter rise continually) but it does nothing else
    does it emit a redstone signal when power pass though it ? or simply it's a EU counter (on GUI) without any interaction with redstone ?

and also, i've made a little mistake, i've loopback the output of the meter to one of his input, and minecraft has crashed :/
    the only way to reload my world is to delete the mod, launch the game (the power systems blocks was removed) save, quit, replace the mod and reload again the game (and rebuild my circuit without error)

thanks !

• There is a bug.
    If you break the power switch, you get a machine block.
    This can be used to get infinite iron, only costing two wires and redstone

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.

• Oh, thats good for a laugh. I mean seriously, did you think about it? My power regulator is way more flexible then you can do with any system of flow triggers and switches. I wouldnt be suprised if the people that ban redstone loops on servers do the same for flow triggers and the like, considering you'd have multiple triggers a second, with multiple block updates per second, and depending on the way you switch the powerflow, multiple energynet updates per second. Having said that, I was already planning on adding flow meters and simple redstone switches to my addon, but I'm not replacing the power regulator with them. Just remember, server admins look at cpu usage, and the regulator has the same cpu usage as a storage unit, where as redstone updates can be heavy.

A flow detector would still be very good - you can tell if a generator has failed/line has been destroyed, your reactor needs more uranium.

edit: Better way: Make the meter output redstone when flowing? I guess this can prevent you putting it in some places, so a new block might be better, I don't know.

• Nice mod man did a good job as far as i can tell. i have found one bug if break a power switch u get a machine block.
    Keep up the good work :)

• Allow me to give you alternative to this power regulator.

Make a device that simply detect flow on the cable. If there is energy flow, do a redstone signal. This alone will allow more possibility of combination with other existing material like flow control, only with just 1 block of detector, or detector that you can manually adjust trigger range.

There already is one - its called a Energy-o-Mat

• There already is one - its called a Energy-o-Mat

Say, how do you legitimately craft an energy-o-mat?

You can't?

I didn't think so.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Idea- If you put a regulator output on a matching energy storage unit, it will output normally, but EXCESS power will be redirected to the other side. Like a mass fab.
    Edit: Realized you could just put a regulator a block infront of your storage unit.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• This happpens whe i start the game.

• Sadly, you cannot.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• A very useful machine indeed! I think it needs a little work but it should be in IC2 without a doubt.