Shall i simplify IHL a little?

• Shall i simplify IHL a little? 16

1. Its not really hard to craft all those tools, keep it. (8) 50%
    2. Get rid of tools. Imagine, that they are already crafted with workbench. Use workspace concept instead. Keep more or less realistic IHL machines crafting on iron workbench. (0) 0%
    3. Get rid of tools, just keep iron workbench for welding cables between itself and handling insulation. All IHL machines shall be crafted in minecraft workbench. (2) 13%
    4. Go further as GregTech addon. (6) 38%

Creating set of basic tools in IHL could be very annoying. It seems only JasonMcRay tried that. Peoples use collectors and other old stuff, but nobody ever tries to create IHL wiremill, or i would have recieved much more bugreports :whistling: . So i decide to start a poll here.
    "Workspace concept" means, that by setting, for example, muffle furnace near iron workbench we recieve access to additional recipes, for which we are need to use muffle furnace in process.

Example of crafting for gas welding station:

• Official Post

At this point I'd say IHL is more complicated than GT6 :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

That second image clarified things a bit, I've changed my vote.

All those tools and components made me think why GT don't go in a similar way of crafting a machine, requiring more than one or two generic components. That way you're not limited by the 9 item crafting grid. Also tools. GT has enough of them to justify a GT worktable/workstation.

• Official Post

Personally I'd just like more of the tooltips capitalised, and a little more NEI support for the crucial things (like the bad motor components/parts with the giant length tooltip).

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

The only complaint I could file is that the GUI Slot background Textures (Wrenches and Gears) are darker than the usual background, rather than being lighter, creating the illusion of something being inside the Slot what isn't actually there. When I look at those Slots I almost always see an X shaped something rather than a Stick on a Wrench Slot. So my advice is "make those Slots be less in the foreground and decrease the contrast"

• Personally I'd just like more of the tooltips capitalised

Ehm... you mean "FLUIDIZED BED REACTOR" istead of "Fluidized bed reactor"? Or you mean "Silicon dust" instead of "dustSilicon.name"?

more NEI support for the crucial things (like the bad motor components/parts with the giant length tooltip).

It is NEI support for casting components. It was made in 0.534, removed 0.537 and added in 0.538 again. It's not a target of a poll, i will do localization stuff or NEI support for anything you request anyway.

So my advice is "make those Slots be less in the foreground and decrease the contrast"

Will do, thank for advice.

• Official Post

Ehm... you mean "FLUIDIZED BED REACTOR" istead of "Fluidized bed reactor"? Or you mean "Silicon dust" instead of "dustSilicon.name"?

"Fluidized Bed Reactor" and "Silicon Dust". Capitalising the first letter of each word like Minecraft and almost every other mod does it.

Apparently I was running 0.537 not 0.538, so that'd explain the NEI stuff.

I see this too much.

• If you provide good enough documentation or a video, I think it will be fine. The biggest issue with IHL right now is just how complicated it is, period. For people who don't have the time to experiment, getting into IHL can be a hassle. I love the direction you are headed in, though, so I vote to keep it how it is.

• In my opinion a huge problem is incomplete or sometimes difficult to understand documentaion.
    You said no one messed around with the IHL wiremill. The reason might be only very few knew about its exististence or even more important, there is so far no real reason to make it.

The things IHL started with (Handpump, Tunneldrill or drones) where relatively easy to make and had a direct use.
    The GT processing chain that produces iridium and osmium is complicated, but the payback is there to motivate many to actualy do that.

Now came the flexible cable stuff and the complicated machines to make them. They might be nice to look at, but so far it's not better than using normal IC2 cables.

So i would say, IHL is not too complicated and should stay like that. Just give some reasons to use it.
    I can state 3 ways to do that:
    1. Make your stuff better like less loss on kables or more output per resource but that is a bad way.
    2. Make the easy way inefficient by making default recipes more expensive/less output.
    3. Make your way the only way by moving some/all machine recipes from IC2/GT into your system. Might generate some hate...

• Official Post

Even without a video, a visual guide to crafting stuff (a bit like the first post of this thread) is actually really nice to know what is needed.

Also, IHL does generate strange named ores/rocks right?

I see this too much.

• Also, IHL does generate strange named ores/rocks right?

Strange?
    IHL generates:

• Bischofite
    • Datolite
    • Stibnite
    • Chromite
    • Mica
    • Bauxite
    • Cinnabar
    • RockSalt
    • Limestone
    • Gypsum
    • Gyubnera
    • Trona
    • PotassiumFeldspar
    • Apatite
    • Saltpeter
    • Oil
    • Saltwater

All these are presented IRL.

• Rather than reducing complexity and such, investing in documentation and video tutorials would be lovely, actually. Actually, I would suggest that you stick to documentation, and speak with someone like Vaygrim for your mod guide video. If you ask him nicely, maybe he'll do a really nice video for the mod like he does with the others.

P.S: I am not a big fan of your dance/trance/<I don't know the genre> music overloaded IHL item demos that you put out. Sorry, I do not wish to offend you, but, it might be best to ask someone like Vaygrim or unggod or mr10movie to make the video for you.

EDIT: I would love to use your mod myself, but so many times, the lack of awareness of what would be the best tool for that part of gameplay, has prevented me from using your mod. Luckily, keda has been helpful in kirara on telling me how to use some of your mod items. So, please spend some time with the documentation, and ask someone nicely (vaygrim/moo) to make a mod guide for you?

• Official Post

Strange?
    IHL generates:

• Bischofite
    • Datolite
    • Stibnite
    • Chromite
    • Mica
    • Bauxite
    • Cinnabar
    • RockSalt
    • Limestone
    • Gypsum
    • Gyubnera
    • Trona
    • PotassiumFeldspar
    • Apatite
    • Saltpeter
    • Oil
    • Saltwater

All these are presented IRL.

I never realised you generated that much. Where to find them I guess would be a start to the documentation, unless they're all found randomly everywhere.

I see this too much.

• I never realised you generated that much. Where to find them I guess would be a start to the documentation, unless they're all found randomly everywhere.

All generates more or less randomly, with exception to 2 liquids:
    Oil fill underground caverns, if there is block of water or block of air is presented lower, than 4 blocks.
    Saltwater replace sand as 1 block thick layer in biomes with humidity=0 and temperature>1.9 (basically in surface of desert biomes).

This reminds me to check, if oil is generated at all.