[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/pull/500
    Single-block Diesel Engines have been in for a while.

I'm having trouble figuring out from Muramasa's commits what the recipes for the large diesel generator will be. I suppose I could always just download and build that fork :D .
    However, I just struck platinum a little while ago :D, so I'm more inclined to continue mining it after lunch, and then work toward building a fusion reactor. After I've built the fusion reactor, I can decide whether to use a large plasma generator or multiple single-block plasma generators.

It will mostly consist of Titanium. The recipe for the controller block hasn't been decided yet (Ideas welcome!).

I would also appreciate feedback on the latest post on that pull request if anybody is interested.

• Are you sure this is correct? I can't seem to replicate the EU out in game.

I am.
    Experimentally confirmed converting 128 000 L of Helium Plasma to 707 561 952 eU in Batbuffer closely to ZPM Dynamo Hatch via 8 L/t flow.
    Its 44 223 eU/t. Pretty close to theoretically 45 875 eU/t

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• Given the obscenely high fuel values of plasmas, trying to squeeze the most fuel efficiency out of them hardly seems necessary. However, extra nether stars and osmium cost vs. replacing turbine items every so often. Tough call. I suppose it's a bit early for me to decide, at least in regards to plasma, since I haven't actually sourced osmium in my current survival world, let alone built a fusion reactor. Slight tangent: does anybody think large turbines are worthwhile for biogas? Single-block gas turbines don't require nether stars or osmium.

I believe it may only be worth building a gas turbine if your energy production/requirements exceed HV tier, after which single block turbines need a transformer and that's usually a pain in the ass. Also, as always, higher efficiencies with the turbines means that you can save on that 5-10% efficiency and perhaps generate some surplus. This is gonna come in handy as for EV tier and beyond, you're gonna need a crap ton of energy and you have to generate as much as possible.

However, by EV tier it might be more prudent to switch to nuclear fission power, in which case your turbine casings and rotors can be recycled to be part of a large steam/superheated steam turbine.

• Ok, next snag... got to Electric (Basic Generator) which requires fuel... Made a refinery, made fuel... can't get fuel out of the refinery... can't use buildcraft pipes (game crashes with liquid buildcraft pipes for some reason). Tried using GT pipes, but nothing... how do i get fuel to power generator? Which, i even (just to test) gave myself fuel and fuel bucket, even tried fuel cell... Diesel cell... all of it... put them in generator and no power... so, how the heck do you power this thing?

• witch generator? the first generator is typically a turbine with takes steam, then you have gas turbines and diesel generators. gas is methane and hydrogen, etc. diesel is for fuel, ethanol, etc. all semi fluids are burned in large boilers (multiblock) now like oil and creosote'

• It's the diesel generator i made, so... There's a multiblock i have to make to get the fuel for it... now i need to find out how that works. What's the name of it so i can start looking that up?

• There are a few options to refinine oil .

Iam pretty sure that a single refinery can do every step of the way (Cracking the oil and refining the components) but has horrible efficency.But correct me if Im wrong

You can get better if you use the oil cracking unit (a multi block) to crac kthe oil before refining it.

And the best way is the distillation tower which is obscene but requires a ton of stainless steel and other high tier materials.

• The Buildcraft refinery? All that can do is oil to fuel (which GregTech treats as diesel), though with fewer steps than GregTech machines. If you mean the GregTech single-block distillery, I see 38 recipes for it, none of which output cracked fuel/oil. Cracking the fuel doesn't look like that great an option for feeding a single-block distillery, though possibly it's a decent option when using some distillation towers.

• yeah, i tried the fuel from refinery, and it didn't do anything. I couldn't even find out how to remove from the buildcraft refinery. Then went creative mode and gave myself fuel, then oil, then fuel bucket, oil bucket, then fuel cell and diesel cell... none of them worked when placed in the basic diesel generator... so there's obviously something i'm doing wrong with it, but i can't figure out what... everything i've put in, liquid contents of generator still read 0

• yeah, i tried the fuel from refinery, and it didn't do anything. I couldn't even find out how to remove from the buildcraft refinery. Then went creative mode and gave myself fuel, then oil, then fuel bucket, oil bucket, then fuel cell and diesel cell... none of them worked when placed in the basic diesel generator... so there's obviously something i'm doing wrong with it, but i can't figure out what... everything i've put in, liquid contents of generator still read 0

It's been a while since I've actually used GT diesel generators (I'm currently using a biogas setup involving a pumpkin farm with crop harvester, pyrolyse oven, distillation tower, and Railcraft steel tank until I get a fusion reactor built), but if you could attach some screenshots, I might be able to see what you're doing wrong.

• the fuel and diesel will or should still work just fine in a diesel generator. I believe your issue maybe the association of the fluid, it should default to GT fluid diesel from even the refinery. also the BC fluid pipes should work unless your in a weird pack that blocks them, GT doesn't afaik. use a pump as a cover on a fluid pipe(GT) and it will extract from any tank including the BC refinery.

you, if memory servers, can make fuel(diesel) with GT distilleries but you need to make the sulfur versions then run them threw a chemical reactor to de-sulfurize it.

personally I would stick with steam at this point, you can make a lot of power with steam but that is just me.

hope this helps

• The problem i'm having with BC pipes is that the item pipes are fine, but liquid pipes interfere with Optifine (which is the only mod i could find that does actual clear water). I haven't tried a pump cover on GT pipes to pull fuel, so i may have to try that. The main reason i don't want steam is that i have far more uses for coal and a LOT oil in my world apparently. That and i was able to find the resources to go straight from steam to diesel generator to start electric age, so i figured it would be worthwhile to save the resources and skip turbines since i was able to.

• you, if memory servers, can make fuel(diesel) with GT distilleries but you need to make the sulfur versions then run them threw a chemical reactor to de-sulfurize it.

With GT 5.09, there's one extra step: put 5 light fuel cells and 1 heavy fuel cell in a mixer to get 6 diesel cells. However, it's kind of a waste to do that, since light fuel actually has a higher fuel value than diesel, and you get more output when using light fuel instead of diesel to make nitro diesel.

personally I would stick with steam at this point, you can make a lot of power with steam but that is just me.

Steam is okay for getting started, but once you have a lot of machines, the low energy density makes it seem impractical - by my calculations, to feed a single LV steam turbine, you need to transfer more than 1520 L/s. With biogas, I only need about 24 L/s per LV gas turbine.

• I'd recommend using light fuel as a direct energy source. For heavy fuel, if energy permits build an oil cracking unit and then run the cracked heavy fuel through another distillation tower. I believe you get more products in return.

Edit: sorry and even better use for light fuel is to react it with glyceryl trinitrate to get nitro diesel. If I remember correctly nitro diesel produces twice as much energy as light fuel.

• May I ask, how do I remove a fusion reactor recipe using Minetweaker scripts? I tried this but apparently it doesn't work.

mods.gregtech.FusionReactor.recipes.remove(<liquid:plasma.oxygen>);

• May I ask, how do I remove a fusion reactor recipe using Minetweaker scripts? I tried this but apparently it doesn't work.

mods.gregtech.FusionReactor.recipes.remove(<liquid:plasma.oxygen>);

Despite what http://minetweaker3.powerofbyt…iki/Mods:GregTech_Support says about being able to remove recipes, I looked at the GTTweaker source on GitHub, and none of the machine handlers I checked actually had a remove method. Possibly because the GT5u api provides a way to add recipes, but not a way to remove them.

IIRC, for some machines, it's possible to disable recipes by setting their times to 0 in GregTech/recipes.cfg. Unfortunately, I don't find any entries in that file for the fusion reactor recipes. I thought perhaps that adding a Minetweaker recipe for oxygen plasma with 0 time would remove or disable it, but no luck.

• While we are still on the topic of MT Scripts, i have another problem.
    I want to add a recipe for rubber plates out of rubber bars in the Plate bender.

My command is:

mods.gregtech.PlateBender.addRecipe(<gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:11880>, <gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:17880>, 5, 32);

It loads perfectly but doesent show up in NEI or actually works. I suspect that is because an integrated circuit is needed. so i changed the command to:

mods.gregtech.PlateBender.addRecipe(<gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:11880>, <gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:17880>, <gregtech:gt.integrated_circuit:24> * 0, 5, 32);

or

mods.gregtech.PlateBender.addRecipe(<gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:11880>, [<gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:17880>, <gregtech:gt.integrated_circuit:24> * 0], 5, 32);

Both fail to load. Iam sure it is (as usual) a minor thing, but I cant seem to figure it out with my usualk google-fu.
    Iam also having difficulties with getting the recipe for Lazurite plates in the compressor to work. The following command loads without a hith but doesent work:

mods.ic2.Compressor.addRecipe(<gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:2524>, <gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:17524>);

thanks very much in advance ;)

• Those look backwards - output comes first, so it looks like you're trying to bend rubber sheets into rubber bars (and a bender recipe for what you describe is unnecessary btw, since you can already use an LV extruder to convert rubber bars into rubber sheets) and compress lazurite plates into lazurite dust. Also, looking at the GitHub code for GTTweaker, adding recipes to the plate bender might be broken, since it only lists one IIngredient input parameter (see https://github.com/GTNewHorizo…ines/PlateBender.java#L31 - and while we're at it, configuration 1 would be more logical than configuration 24).

• Okay.. that whole thing was an utter trainwreck... You were absolutely right the recipe is backwards... and now I can bend plates into bars -.-
    My motivation behind this is that I wanted to make rubber rings for Pumps in an Extruder. Sadly the Extruder only takes Rubber Bars as an input for that.
    My incredbly elegant fix for that was to only produce rubber bars in my AE system and then change the recipe for plates.

I could just have changed the extruder recipe or probably more sensible, just add another extruder into the autocrafting system.

Concerning the Lazurite, the Modpack Iam playing with (Beyond Reality) doesent have a recipe for Lazurite plates out of dust. Instead it requires the making of blocks which the nneed to be cut into plates.

And another thing poped up, AE2 doesent like the Gregtech electric motors (LV,MV etc.). When is use them in recipes thorugh NEI shift-clicking they dont get put into the crafting grid and when i use them in autocrafting the recipe doesent get recognized as valid. Any thoughts on that?