[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Okay.. that whole thing was an utter trainwreck... You were absolutely right the recipe is backwards... and now I can bend plates into bars -.-
    My motivation behind this is that I wanted to make rubber rings for Pumps in an Extruder. Sadly the Extruder only takes Rubber Bars as an input for that.
    My incredbly elegant fix for that was to only produce rubber bars in my AE system and then change the recipe for plates.

The extruder can also use rubber pulp as input for rubber rings, unless your modpack has disabled that.

I could just have changed the extruder recipe or probably more sensible, just add another extruder into the autocrafting system.

The need for additional extruders, plate benders, assemblers, etc. with different molds/shapes/configuration circuits is part of why I'm not using AE2 autocrafting.

Concerning the Lazurite, the Modpack Iam playing with (Beyond Reality) doesent have a recipe for Lazurite plates out of dust. Instead it requires the making of blocks which the nneed to be cut into plates.

That actually seems to be default - lapis can be compressed from dust into plates, but I'm not using a pre-configured modpack, and lazurite has to be compressed from gem form into blocks and put into a cutting machine to get plates, so adding a Minetweaker recipe for compressing the dust is reasonable.

And another thing poped up, AE2 doesent like the Gregtech electric motors (LV,MV etc.). When is use them in recipes thorugh NEI shift-clicking they dont get put into the crafting grid and when i use them in autocrafting the recipe doesent get recognized as valid. Any thoughts on that?

I don't think that's AE2's fault. I've run into the same issue using a vanilla crafting table, and the AE2 crafting terminal actually does better with GregTech metatools, though last I knew (which was admittedly several months ago at least) GT electric motors worked in AE2 autocrafting recipes. Once you put enough GT motors, pistons, pumps, or whatever into the crafting grid to craft what you need, AE2 can pull more of them from storage to craft more when you shift+click or right-click the target item.

• Iam aware of that, but that would require dedicating a Extruder just for plates. And since the bending machine already does that and i already have Extruders for Rods, Bolt, Gears etc. I wanted to cheat a little.

Quoted from "Cocolumbo"
    I could just have changed the extruder recipe or probably more sensible, just add another extruder into the autocrafting system.

The need for additional extruders, plate benders, assemblers, etc. with different molds/shapes/configuration circuits is part of why I'm not using AE2 autocrafting.

What do you use instead? Or are you so hardcore that you do it all manually?

Quoted from "Cocolumbo"
    And another thing poped up, AE2 doesent like the Gregtech electric motors (LV,MV etc.). When is use them in recipes thorugh NEI shift-clicking they dont get put into the crafting grid and when i use them in autocrafting the recipe doesent get recognized as valid. Any thoughts on that?

I don't think that's AE2's fault. I've run into the same issue using a vanilla crafting table, and the AE2 crafting terminal actually does better with GregTech metatools, though last I knew (which was admittedly several months ago at least) GT electric motors worked in AE2 autocrafting recipes. Once you put enough GT motors, pistons, pumps, or whatever into the crafting grid to craft what you need, AE2 can pull more of them from storage to craft more when you shift+click or right-click the target item.

I got it to work, the molecular assemblers dont seem to have a problem with the metaitems.

• Iam aware of that, but that would require dedicating a Extruder just for plates. And since the bending machine already does that and i already have Extruders for Rods, Bolt, Gears etc. I wanted to cheat a little.

It's not much of a cheat, but iirc in GT 5.09 about the only thing you need rubber sheets instead of bars for is conveyor modules. Also note that's fairly cheap to do it with a fluid extractor and solidifier, and for some metals like lead and battery alloy, I think an MV fluid extractor and solidifier might actually take less time and EU to make plates than using an LV plate bender.

What do you use instead? Or are you so hardcore that you do it all manually?

Do hoppers and (adjustable) chests count as doing it manually? I haven't really figured out whether that's more or less hardcore than taking the time to set up all the cables, controllers, buses, crafting cpus, etc. needed for an autocrafting setup. Then there's the issue of keeping them powered.

• Yeah conveyor modules were what I was going for. In the end I settled with a Extractor/Solidifier setup for sheets and plates.
    Now that you said it, Iam playing with the idea of using the solidifer for all plates and removing the bender..
    But for now its fine and I cant be bothered to change the system.

I know what you mean. Setting everything up can be quite annoying. But I like to think about how to make the whole thing as compact and efficient as possible (without loosing my sanity).
    And there is something satisfying to requsting a stack of Energy Flow circuits and watching the system work...

The next bottleneck is sticky resin... I haven yet figured out how to automate extracting the resin from the trees.. There is a liquid called "rubber tree sap" but I cant figure out how to get it..

• Hi! I am new to GregTech and want to ask how do I get a diamond?
    When I found a diamond ore I cant mine it.... Then I found a small diamond ore and only a dust came out so please help.

• Hi! I am new to GregTech and want to ask how do I get a diamond?
    When I found a diamond ore I cant mine it.... Then I found a small diamond ore and only a dust came out so please help.

Hey there, great to see a new face :)

I assume you found a Graphite vein with a few Diamond Ores arround Y=12. You probably cant mine the ore because it requires a better tool than you currently have.
    Diamond Ore requires a pick with mining level of 3 or higher. That is no easy feat and requires some machinery. You can find a list of the materials and their mining levels here:
    http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Pickaxe_%28GregTech%29#Level_3

On first glance I would recommend a Cobalt Or a Gem Pick to mine your diamonds.

The "Small Ore" you found is something different. Small ores always drop dusts or crushed ores. Which means that unless you have a few relatively high tier machines, you wont get diamonds out of them.
    But you shouldnt need diamonds that early anyways. Focus on finding Tin and Copper to make Bronze, you'll need A LOT of bronze to get your steel production going. Which you will need for your first machines.

Feel free to ask if something is unclear. Gregtech can be pretty overwhelming at first.

• Thanks soo much!!! :D

• small ores can drop gems, and crushed ore can be sifted to try and get gems from it.

You are right, I forgot the Chiped, flawless etc. Versions of the gems.
    But since he doesent have access to a lvl 3 Pick, he probably doesent have a Sifter. And even if he could build one, there are better ways to spend early resources.

• The next bottleneck is sticky resin... I haven yet figured out how to automate extracting the resin from the trees.. There is a liquid called "rubber tree sap" but I cant figure out how to get it..

If your modpack has Forestry, you can build a multifarm and add a circuit board configured with rubberised electron tubes, it will automatically tap the trees for you as they refill. You have to plant the rubber trees manually, but you can pack them tightly and clear the leaves to get more saplings. Alternatively, you can breed the stickreed crop and use a crop harvester. The rubber tree sap liquid is from IHL Tools and Machines, involving a leather sack to collect it, and fairly simple to automate, as explained in the IHL wiki here: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com…y_resin_production_branch

• The rubber tree sap liquid is from IHL Tools and Machines, involving a leather sack to collect it, and fairly simple to automate, as explained in the IHL wiki here: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com…y_resin_production_branch

But how are the leather sack supposed to work ? I tried several times, and never got any liquid rubber.
    I grew an IC2 rubber tree, placed a tree sack on the second log (just below the leaves), and put a GT fluid pipe under it. IIRC they are supposed to output into it automatically, so where am I wrong ?

• Oh god I'm dumb, it has to go on a spot where there were originally sticky resin, ok that's more cleat now, thanks a lot !

• How big is prospecting range of seismic prospector?
    I would like to know if its worth it since placing multiblock is for while.

Since the wiki doesn't specify, we'll have to check source:
    https://github.com/Blood-Asp/G…icProspector.java#L73-L75
    5x5 in the X and Z coordinates, all the way to bedrock in the Y coordinate, so not that much better than digging manually to find the ore deposit.

However, it also detects the oil or natural gas deposit (which applies to a 96x96 area) underneath. (see https://github.com/Blood-Asp/G…ismicProspector.java#L102)

the seismic prospector isn't a multiblock, the miner if memory servers does a 5x5 chunk area witch is a multiblock.

I think SkebloW was referring to the Advanced Miner II multiblock which could be placed afterwards, which mines a 96x96 area, making the seismic prospector's 5x5 detection area rather pathetic by comparison.

• Thanks for reply. Oil and gas detecting feature si nice but useless (at least mid game) since worldgen provides large deposits of oilsands ore.
    Also checking source code is good idea. Nothing provides more precise info than code itself.

Originaly i was referring seismic prospector (i thought it was multiblock donno why). I wanted to know if its worth to use instead of shaft mined with :Mining Drill: and :Electric Jetpack: for quick "scan" of 3x3 chunk area.

Maybe I'll give it a try (until you try you don't know) and then keep digging :Bronze Pickaxe: :whistling: :Bronze Shovel:

• Has anyone experienced the LHE despawning shortly after being turned on?
    I just finished building my Nuclear Power plant and the LHE controller block aswell as any hatches despawn a few seconds after turning on. Alsmost as if they experienec "Over-Voltage".
    Afterwards I'm left with a chunk of Titanium casings which do me no good.

This also happens in a creative world. The LHE is build in a single chunk.

Any ideas?