[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Hi I use modpack MinecraftByMito = IC2+Gregtech 5+Galactycraft and i have idea.
    I suggest create new fuel on rocket.
    Tier 1 Fuelrocket1
    Tier 2 Fuelrocket 2 .... and I suggest change capacity fueltank on racket tier1,2,3
    Way on mars must take more fuel then way on moon.

Idea is not bad itself, but it should be pointed rather for GalacticGreg, not for GT5U.

• Bloody, have you ever thought about Oil Generation? I enjoy BC's OilGen, but Buildcraft itself has a lot of excessive stuff to be used in modpack with GregTech.

And also a Teaser for 5.09.00

I guess about 2-3 Weeks until i'm done, but that update will change a lot.

The three machines on the pic: Oil Cracking Unit, Oil Drilling Rig(The same structure will also be used for a Advanced Miner II) and a Charcoal pile, to allow early charcoal/coke without Railcraft(Charcoal smelting will be default off). Later Tech will get a Pyrolysis Oven able to replace about 50 RC Cokeovens alone, or to turn most plant matter into bio oil/gas.

• Official Post

If you're still working on TC integration of the magic thingies, I have a suggestion:

Allow magic converter (not absorber) use vis from wands placed in the fuel slot (completely draining the wand/staff/sceptre).
    It would produce 128 EU per vis of whichever aspect drained.

• If you're still working on TC integration of the magic thingies, I have a suggestion:

Allow magic converter (not absorber) use vis from wands placed in the fuel slot (completely draining the wand/staff/sceptre).
    It would produce 128 EU per vis of whichever aspect drained.

The absorber may be more appropriate.

The converter actually consumes items like a furnace when it generates power. The absorber draws power from the environment and enchanted items, without destroying them.

(Tested all this last night prior to release)

• I have another EBF issue.

I worked my way up to HV, and have an EBF running at 512, everything is working fine on turning iron to steel, aluminum dust to ingots, etc. However, I still cannot make electrical steel. I made a tricorder, and my EBF is running at 70% efficiency, which would be 358.4, not 512, so I cannot make electrical steel. I cannot find any documentation on efficiency, so I was wondering how to raise that number.

BTW, Maintenance Hatch is fine, no issues reported, and when in operation GUI reports Running Perfectly.

• Official Post

The absorber may be more appropriate.

The converter actually consumes items like a furnace when it generates power. The absorber draws power from the environment and enchanted items, without destroying them.

(Tested all this last night prior to release)

Could be, but the absorber already drains energized nodes so I thought of using the converter for that. Well, the absorber is also good for that.

I was also thinking of another machine. It would be a GT-TC exclusive. The Primal Generator. It has the ability to generate power from TC primal charms, known for producing vis randomly.
    Each primal charm inserted on the primal generator would increase the production by 0.5 EU/t

• Anyone not having recipes for the magic generator/absorber when Thaumcraft is not installed ?
    Already reported the bug to Bloody, just want to see if I'm the only one or not.

I see the same thing - I don't have Thaumcraft installed, and clicking on the magic converters and absorbers in NEI has no effect. However, I think that's deliberate, based on this:

Also, Image of the day:

• I see the same thing - I don't have Thaumcraft installed, and clicking on the magic converters and absorbers in NEI has no effect. However, I think that's deliberate, based on this:

Bloody told me the default recipes were supposed to be still there if TC was not installed (we can use vanilla stuff to power them too).
    So, nope, no TC exclusivity.

• Anyone not having recipes for the magic generator/absorber when Thaumcraft is not installed ?
    Already reported the bug to Bloody, just want to see if I'm the only one or not.

I would prefer that they not be enabled without TC installed. I play GT for the tech aspect, and do not want to have magic included. I understand some do, but the focus of GT has always been tech, and there are other mods for magical power generation.

Please consider giving the option to NOT have magic generators and tools enabled. Thanks

• Magic is technology beyond comprehension. MC Is full of magic already, even if you don't add specific mods like Thaumcraft.
    Anyway, I second the need for choice. Magic generators shall be optional.

@Blood, please, re-add IDSU. It is stupid to setup AE2 for the sake of wireless and inter-dimensional power transmission.
    Re-add item and fluid teleportation devices as an option.
    I know Coverjaguar is defending his railcraft mod against this. But due to the way it is in MC. There is no practical mean of wiring and piping across long distances.
    Railcraft is piping with slow tokens and elaborate routing.

• I have another EBF issue.

I worked my way up to HV, and have an EBF running at 512, everything is working fine on turning iron to steel, aluminum dust to ingots, etc. However, I still cannot make electrical steel. I made a tricorder, and my EBF is running at 70% efficiency, which would be 358.4, not 512, so I cannot make electrical steel. I cannot find any documentation on efficiency, so I was wondering how to raise that number.

BTW, Maintenance Hatch is fine, no issues reported, and when in operation GUI reports Running Perfectly.

Bump. Can someone comment on this issue, please?

• I'm currently not at home, so i do not know the recipe.
    Can you use other recipes in the EBF? Others of the same Energy tier?
    Effiency should be only a matter of the maintainance hatch here.
    The materials used are exactly those in the recipe?

I did finally get it to work. However, I had to remove the Input Hatch, which had Oxygen in it, and replace it with a plain casing, in order for the run to start and smelt Electrical Steel. I can have Oxygen in the system, and the EBF runs when smelting Annealed Copper, and does not consume Oxygen. Does O2 have to be removed before smelting other metals? I have not yet tried any other that does not require O2, so I am not sure.

Thanks

• Maybe the oxygen lets it find another recipe that does not have enough materials instead to start.

O2 was full and then some. I replaced the Input Hatch with no O2 inside, recipe runs fine. I'll look for another recipe to see if there is a temperature or voltage issue. Thanks again.

• Bloody, another miserable thing. I suggest nerfing diamond as a material for some specific tools. Even in real life it's hard, but brittle. (so using such gem for some pickaxe would make no sense > high tool level, but crappy durability)
    Speaking about tools electric, it's possible to use diamond for that, which has a decent durability even for end-game. Diamond wrench tip is way easier and faster to make than some complicated steel alloy, like blue steel, for example.
    ====
    Slow addition: Maybe some high-quality rubber (plastic in craft < oil is needed) for >HV tier cables? Also rubber isolation is quite rare nowadays.