[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• nanitozo's image (in post #1048 ) was using something other than the portable/debug scanner to show the steam amount (some addon for Waila/Wawla maybe?)

Oh I should have mentioned that that's WailaNBT.
    I'm just reading the mStoredSteam tag and outputting it to waila. Same with mStoredEnergy for EU, and fluids/inventories in pipes.
    It's a great aid for debugging.

• 1. afaik, steam machines can only take steam as input, not output it.
    2. There's a fairly thorough explanation of pipe mechanics here: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Fluid_Pipe_%28GregTech%29

• So if I wanted to feed a large number of machines I would want to make a network of splitters. Could I instead use a large number of pumps on series to prevent even distribution to the faces?

Technically that should work, but it could make it a lot more complicated to get the distribution you want. Also remember that you can add a plate or foil on the side of a pipe to prevent it from connecting to an adjacent pipe (or machine) on that side, and you can connect different-capacity pipes together to affect flow rates.

• Technically that should work, but it could make it a lot more complicated to get the distribution you want. Also remember that you can add a plate or foil on the side of a pipe to prevent it from connecting to an adjacent pipe (or machine) on that side, and you can connect different-capacity pipes together to affect flow rates.

Ah so if I have a huge pipe connected to two small pipes and a huge pipe then more than 1/3 of the fluid will go to the huge pipe?

• Ah so if I have a huge pipe connected to two small pipes and a huge pipe then more than 1/3 of the fluid will go to the huge pipe?

As long as the first huge pipe is full enough, I think so. It will still try to divide the fluid evenly, but once the small pipes are full, more fluid should go into the other huge pipe.

• Updated to 5.08.25:

Changes:
    Fix Steammacerator cobble -> sand recipe.
    AE2 Charged Certus removed(did not work anyways).
    Lapis to Plantball compression with Agricraft installed fixed.
    Lava in Heat Exchanger more efficient, in High Pressure Boiler less efficient.
    Fixed Large Turbine and Heat Exchanger water rounding bug.
    Allow automation of single use batteries in battery buffers.
    Nuclear Control cards support expanded(Quantum Chest/Tank, BatBuff, Machines show EU).

And also a Teaser for 5.09.00

I guess about 2-3 Weeks until i'm done, but that update will change a lot.

• GT Large Heat Exchanger(Now produces 80.000L instead of 40.000L Steam per 1.000L Lava).
    High Pressure Lava Boiler now produces 100.000L instead of 150.000L.

The three machines on the pic: Oil Cracking Unit, Oil Drilling Rig(The same structure will also be used for a Advanced Miner II) and a Charcoal pile, to allow early charcoal/coke without Railcraft(Charcoal smelting will be default off). Later Tech will get a Pyrolysis Oven able to replace about 50 RC Cokeovens alone, or to turn most plant matter into bio oil/gas.

• I am having another EBF issue. The recipe for Electrical Steel is not working in the EBF. Aluminum is a higher temp and works fine, and no catalyst is called for in NEI. What am I missing here?

• Electrical Steel is a HV recipe, Aluminium "just" MV. So, might it be that problem?

That's it. Resource pack does not display criteria below NEI recipes very clearly, esp. in my dark factory. Thanks again.

• The current LV recipes are loosely based on the GT4 recipes and higher tiers then more expensive... I also think they are a bit high, but it is also difficult not to make magic stuff too cheap.

Some exact ideas about better recipes?

Not change the recipes because powerful Items and Machines need expensive Recipes!

• Did you fix redstone to redstone blocks with Agricraft?
    Is it intended that you can craft Quartz blocks without the compressor?
    If I have Gemblocks for GregTech installed I only get Thaumiumblocks from that mod not the ones from Thaumcraft. Do these work in with the Infusion Altar?