[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• So it seems a few people are having issues with the Large Steam Turbine where the spinning animation plays but no steam is consumed and no power is generated.

Does anybody know the last version they had it working?

• So it seems a few people are having issues with the Large Steam Turbine where the spinning animation plays but no steam is consumed and no power is generated.

Does anybody know the last version they had it working?

Doesn't really address your question, but just as a knowledge-base item, I can sorta get it to work if I give it a bit more steam than I calculate is necessary.

• Found that as an Integer/Float converaion bug yesterday. But there is still another bug, so it might take until tomorrow until i finish the next update.

Long weekend in Canada and my wife's outta town. Best time for testing ever, I'll be at your disposal. That includes any pre-release builds if you have some stress-testing that needs doing.

• Found that as an Integer/Float converaion bug yesterday. But there is still another bug, so it might take until tomorrow until i finish the next update.

I don't want to revive some troll but java floats are 32bit IEEE 754 numbers

It is not recommended to make calculations in Java floats.
    Use integer even with multiplying them for greater detail then divide them into a result float for display format purpose.
    If you absolutely need to deal with floating point, either use something with more precision like BigDecimal from java.math.BigDecimal or double wich are 64bit IEEE754, not as precise but still better than float.
    If you need exact values, don't use float or double at all.

• The error due to float precision is fine in this case. Something like 1EU more or less on 1mio EU i do not really care, but i know of some things were this small error makes huge problems. The problem this time was casting the float value 1.5 into the int value 1 so the error suddenly became 50%...

• Ok, so I got everything up and running, pack will be updated tomorrow morning. Also have a server up for testing changes. IP will be in the download on ftb.

What do I need? Help with configs. First off with ore gen, and also with minetweaker scripts, and then balancing. Server will be in creative mode so we can test. Github will be in the pack description and FTB post. I look forward to any and all help. I really hope I can make you all proud, and create a pack worthy of gregtech. Cheers.

Pack code: askjeeves
    Version on server: 0.1.0

• Are asteroids in this version?

I've gone out 1100 blocks in one cardinal direction and 600 in another. After looking at a dynmap rendering there's nothing. The usual quoted is 1 asteroid per 100 chunks which means I should have run into a few by now.

• FYI, Extra Utilities culinary generators do not register GT5 foods, IDK in GT5U.

No idea what must be done so ExU can use them... Maybe a issue with the metaitems?

Are asteroids in this version?

I've gone out 1100 blocks in one cardinal direction and 600 in another. After looking at a dynmap rendering there's nothing. The usual quoted is 1 asteroid per 100 chunks which means I should have run into a few by now.

No asteroids by default. When Galacticraft is installed, GalacticGreg can add them.

• I was returning home on a rainy day. It shall have been a comfortable experience.
    Took off my wet boots as well as all my tired armour on its stand.
    Everything was quiet and familiar.
    I could even hear fire cracking in the fireplace…
    Fireplace?!
    I don't have a fireplace!!!
    Fire!!!
    Then the horror materialized on my Basic Solar Boilers roof.
    A full raw of it was on fire.
    Why?
    They all where full of water and could not starve given water source and piping where in the same chunk.
    Why?
    I could not even hear a lightning strike and then, if it happened, how fire spread and sustained across solar boilers?
    Aren't these specially designed to be exposed to the rude outside elements?
    If not, how shall I protect GT Solar equipments or rain sucking covers from being damaged by rain and lightnings?

• I'd say some glass on top of your solar boilers, I think it worked with the IC2 solar panels so maybe it also works with the GT ones. But it must be a bug and not an intended feature, otherwise there would have been complaints about that before (I'm not sure about what I'm saying here)
    And still, if it's not a bug, it should be able to resist to rain and lightning

• Quote from Blood Asp

No asteroids by default. When Galacticraft is installed, GalacticGreg can add them.

What in the configs could need to be changed to bring this back? Would ore generation need tweaking bring them back?

• Update to 5.08.26:

*Disabled IC2 replictor by default.
    *Steel achievement can now be done by picking up a nugget after researching the Thaumcraft steel research.
    *New Magic Generator recipes using infusion when Thaumcraft is installed.
    *Fixed Distillation Tower outputs correctly to height.
    *Fixed Large Heat Exchanger getting Stuck.
    *Expanded Turbine Item Tooltips.
    *Large Gas Turbine now needs a Muffler Hatch.
    *Changed internal calculation of all Large Turbines (but not the math). How average the input over the last 256 ticks.
    *Made Coolant Cells not interchangeable between electric and fluid IC2 reactor.
    *Added missing metallurgy metals.
    *Change corium crop texture to the original one.
    *Fixed Processing Array fluid output with small hatches.

• Hi I use modpack MinecraftByMito = IC2+Gregtech 5+Galactycraft and i have idea.
    I suggest create new fuel on rocket.
    Tier 1 Fuelrocket1
    Tier 2 Fuelrocket 2 .... and I suggest change capacity fueltank on racket tier1,2,3
    Way on mars must take more fuel then way on moon.