[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• You should try to seach info on wiki first.

And not finding the info was the reason I asked here. It may be that I placed the drain on the wrong side of the oven.

Neat problem. I assume IC2 is also allowed.

Actually, Most of IC2 generators are disabled. There is no use for creosote other than using it to make lubricant.

Alternately, you can pipe it into a tank (Quantum Tank) and use some automation trickery to remove/blow up the tank. Not sane/ideal, obviously.

The first tier Quantum Tank requires components that can be made with 480 EU/t....i am still on LV (making aluminium).

I did try the drain cover attached to a pipe, which in turn is connected to a BC tank (BC pipes are disabled btw)...but that didn't work, Thinking about it now, I did have it attached to the side instead of the bottom of the oven....that may have been the reason it hadn't worked.

• Yeah, Buildcraft does have a void pipe, we could have something to eject a fluid on the world at least.
    I think the only way is recycling.

About the stone dust, you can use a item pipe on a T format, ore washer -> hammer and the same pipe link to chest, just make the hammer closer than the chest, like this:
    xxxxxxxxxxx Chest
    xxxxxxxxxxx -pipe-
    Ore washer -pipe- Hammer

Items on pipes always look for the closest valid slot, so if you put the the hammer closer to the ore washer than the Chest, the Purified ore goes to the Hammer, and the stone and tiny dust will go to the chest.

• Official Post

Actually, Most of IC2 generators are disabled. There is no use for creosote other than using it to make lubricant.

GT pipery + pump covers set on import (screwdrive it) + GT multiblock boiler = energy generation.
    Note: GT multiblock boilers can act as a hybrid boiler, burning both fluids (creosote oil) and solids (charcoal). It will however burn all the creosote before it starts burning charcoal. Which is best.

I also recommend using fluid level covers (on the water hatch) and a machine controller cover (on the control block) to toggle a shutdown on the boiler if the water level is too low.

• GT pipery + pump covers set on import (screwdrive it) + GT multiblock boiler = energy generation.

Ah, thanks. NEI wasn't showing creosote as a valid fuel for anything other than IC2's semi-fluid generator.

Also, I haven't had any issues with drain on large steel pipe feeding water into the hatch (we have infinite water enabled).

Thanks to the others guys for their help too.

• Another idea:
    Fluid Recycler (can't accept water).
    Two modes of work - giving scrap (bigger amount than normal recyler) or non-scrap mode, which is simmilar to void fluids.

Bloody, any usage of creosote you've planned for GT5EX?

• I don't know if I delete forestry it works fine, so I have no idea what could cause that so I thought maybe because of API changes or similar :I

• I discovered an interesting quirk today (using GT 5.08.27): a steam forge hammer converting crushed ores to impure dusts will pause occassionally if the steam runs low, but it doesn't show the "insufficient steam" symbol or play the associated sound, and it can resume on its own after a few seconds without needing to be temporarily disabled via soft hammer.

• Major problem in 5.09.01: You cannot apply rubber sheets or rubber to copper wire and thus cannot make circuits. The only recipe to do so is in the assembler using molten rubber. For which you obviously need to have made circuits and generators, etc. a long time ago.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Major problem in 5.09.01: You cannot apply rubber sheets or rubber to copper wire and thus cannot make circuits. The only recipe to do so is in the assembler using molten rubber. For which you obviously need to have made circuits and generators, etc. a long time ago.

Confirmed. Pretty much a closed circle.

• Using one of Bear's many minetweaker scripts to fix the recipe until an official fix.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I discovered an interesting quirk today (using GT 5.08.27): a steam forge hammer converting crushed ores to impure dusts will pause occassionally if the steam runs low, but it doesn't show the "insufficient steam" symbol or play the associated sound, and it can resume on its own after a few seconds without needing to be temporarily disabled via soft hammer.

All machines have this little governor in them. Handy for load and production spikes but if you don't produce enough energy it'll still choke.

• If anyone needs it this is the script just add the minetweaker 3 mod and I'd add darkmasters GT tweaker as well

recipes.addShapeless(<gregtech:gt.blockmachines:1366>, [<gregtech:gt.blockmachines:1360>, <gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:17880>]);

• Hmmm... Before I get to it... Any chance you'll fix Greg's worldgen config ? I wanted to do something special for KH and am currently horribly failing because it's... Well... Broken.

Basically, while default config seems fine, I tried to add a ludicrous amount of custom veins and stuff that should be pretty frickin' rare (5 RandomWeight / 1000, so 1 in 200 veins...) just appears all over the place. (It's not my configs. Disabling only THAT one vein and... Well stuff is still fucked up, but slightly less so. Not even enough Platinum to make half a dozen bridges over the ocean this time.)

I'm not expecting you to do anything, but I'd like to know if it's even a thing that could happen. It'd be nice for KR. (In a while...)

Thanks for your time. Really hoping to play on KR soon with GT5x. ;P

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

Edited once, last by Arch ().

• Well, KH is a GT6 issue, so Greg should still be fixing it himself. But it seems similiar stuff happens with GalacticGreg, so maybe it is a randomization fail allready happening in GT5? Will take a look at it.

About the recipe loop in .09 i allready fixed it in dev, so next version will be OK. That will only be a temporary recipe until i change the circuits overall.

• Oh, my bad. I thought they were exactly the same configs with different values.

EDIT : He does not seem to either believe me or want to fix it.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• All machines have this little governor in them. Handy for load and production spikes but if you don't produce enough energy it'll still choke.

Is there any documentation of this "governor"? I though it might be related to the fact that crushed-ore to dust recipes only take 1 second per operation with a steam forge hammer (20 ticks, since at LV they take 10 ticks).