[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Nope, if LPG can consume up to 10 mb/t then it will consume 10mb/t first 14 ticks, 6mb in 15th tick and 0 in remaining ticks. so it will not be optimal flow

• If you guys don't mind, I still have some doubts about the Fusion math. Mauve, or anyone else, can help me here?

I'm going to calculate costs to produce Deuterium and Tritium, 1000l each:

Electrolyzed 30.000 water, 10 process (45000 EU each) = 20.000 Hydrogen, 450.000 EU loss
    Centrifuged 20.000 Hydrogen, 5.000 process (320 EU each) = 5.000 Deuterium, 1.600.000 EU loss
    Centrifuged 4.000 deuterium, 1.000 process (1280 EU each) = 1.000 Tritium, 1.280.000 EU loss

So, 1.000L of Deuterium and Tritium, costs 3.330.000 EU.

That runs about 8 process on the Fusion, 16 ticks each plus 4096 eu/t loss, 524.288 EU. So, each helium plasma cell costs 3,854,288 EU (not counting cable losses), and generate 4.096.000 Eu at 100% Efficiency. Profit of 241.712 EU.

Now, question time (assuming the above is correct):

1) Using the first plasma generator, mark I, with 50% efficiency, I can't make it yield more power than costs to produce; Am I missing something?

2) How the startup energy is used? If I have only the 40.000.000 required, and run 30 cells of helium plasma, it will costs 15,728,640 EU (30.000/125 = 240 process, 240 *16 ticks = 3840 ticks at 4096 eu each). That means I don't have to feed the reactor until the end of reaction, that energy will be used instead?

• Quoted from "Drawfox"
    Centrifuged 20.000 Hydrogen, 5.000 process (320 EU each) = 5.000 Deuterium, 1.600.000 EU loss
    Centrifuged 4.000 deuterium, 1.000 process (1280 EU each) = 1.000 Tritium, 1.280.000 EU loss

These output 4 L per process, so the centrifuges only need to run 1250 times (400k EU - my old calculations had it as 80k EU, so maybe that recipe changed) and 250 times (320k EU) respectively to make that much deuterium and tritium.

• These output 4 L per process, so the centrifuges only need to run 1250 times (400k EU - my old calculations had it as 80k EU, so maybe that recipe changed) and 250 times (320k EU) respectively to make that much deuterium and tritium.

Doh, I was using ratios, forgot that...

• I redid my calculations using 400k EU as the deuterium production cost, and now the EU profit at 50% plasma gen efficiency is 353712 EU per cell, so it would take a little over 113 cells worth of plasma to break even with the startup cost.

I'm a bit confused myself as to how the startup energy will be used, but my guess is that it takes that much to initiate fusion, then as long as it remains supplied with sufficient matter, it keeps the reaction going, using the "Total" (65536 EU for the D-T reaction) per operation.

• Jep, it needs the startup energy to turn on. After that it uses the EU/t of the recipe. After the Fusion stops, the startup energy is needed again.

I haven't tested this behavior so I'll just ask:
    If the internal EU storage dips below the activation amount in the middle of a process does the process stop? If not could this be used to regulate the production of EU to the amount of EU being fed in? (useful for starting up)

• So, i made a several tests with different amount of plasma injected in LPG per tick. Turbine remain the same - tungstensteel (30000eu/t, 140%)
    the best results i've got with 14mB/t of plasma injected - 322-325mil EU from 64 helium plasma cells with 80,1 kEU/t (at peak).
    overall efficency with some power loss and time to turbine spin up is about 127%.

Blood Asp, i still think 80,1 kEU/t (and appropriate fuel consumption) is too much for the turbine with 30000 EU/t optimal plasma flow and something is broken in .27 version...

and can someone explain how the math works? i mean how can i calculate optimal plasma flow (in mB/t) for different turbine. thanks.

• The startup energy is instantly removed from the internal storage. Then the working EU/t are also taken from the internal storage. Once the internal storage drops to 0 the reactor stops working and must fill up to the start energy again before restarting.

So basically if it ever shuts down you just lost a ton of energy.

• So basically if it ever shuts down you just lost a ton of energy.

Exactly!

So, i made a several tests with different amount of plasma injected in LPG per tick. Turbine remain the same - tungstensteel (30000eu/t, 140%)
    the best results i've got with 14mB/t of plasma injected - 322-325mil EU from 64 helium plasma cells with 80,1 kEU/t (at peak).
    overall efficency with some power loss and time to turbine spin up is about 127%.

Blood Asp, i still think 80,1 kEU/t (and appropriate fuel consumption) is too much for the turbine with 30000 EU/t optimal plasma flow and something is broken in .27 version...

Seems like it output exactly 2x the EU/t it should. Maybe simply a wrong multiplicator.

The 325mio EU when it is 358mio EU without any losses seems about right.

• So, a question and a Bug report:
    About the Advanced Pump, how do I recover mining pipe? I tried deactivating the pump and using a lever, but not worked. It shouldn't pull the pipes back?
    I tried breaking the mining pipe block too, but it keep regenerating and droping infinite mining pipes. A very old bug, If I remember well...

• Steam consumption: basic steam turbine - 238 mB/tic, advanced steam turbine - 1042 mB/tic, turbo steam turbine - 1924 mB/tic. Using formula steam flow = energy output*2/efficiency it must be next: basic 32*2/0,85= 75 mB/tic, advanced 128*2/0,75=341 mB/tic, turbo 512*2/0,66= 1551 mB/tic. So, you really broke something, because in 5.08.26 steam flow was in accordance with formula.

I coded the last changes to the turbine, so if you're using the latest version and there's a problem, I did it.

So, Pyure, would you fix this bug in the next update?

For charcoal: First in Steam age: Charcoal Pile. Can not be automated. Stack a hill of logs on top of a layer of bricks, but dirt on top and on the sides. Place the Igniter block on top and rightclick it. After about 5-10min, depending on the size, the logs turn into brittle charcoal blocks that can be crafted into charcoal items.

Can you give more detailed explanation about this method or better yet, draw this? what size it should be?

• So, Pyure, would you fix this bug in the next update?

Can you give more detailed explanation about this method or better yet, draw this? what size it should be?

Pyure changed the large steam turbines. That math of the small turbines is my part. And there was not update since you reported it to the experimental version.

So, a question and a Bug report:
    About the Advanced Pump, how do I recover mining pipe? I tried deactivating the pump and using a lever, but not worked. It shouldn't pull the pipes back?
    I tried breaking the mining pipe block too, but it keep regenerating and droping infinite mining pipes. A very old bug, If I remember well...

I directly ported the code from GT4. Did it have such a function back then?

• I don't remember the pump itself, but the miner had, when was deactivated, it pulled the pipes back, would be nice to have this feature.
    it's not great deal though, we can just "mine" the pipes. Only problem is the exploit with the last pipe block.
    If you try to mine the last block first, with the pump active, it keeps generating another one for free, giving infinite pipes.

• Update GT to version 5.08.28

*Fixed some typos.
    *Fixed packager not accepting some items by automation.
    *Needs maintainance cover now also emits rs singnal to opposide side were a wireless transmitter(in) on the same block can send it.
    *Large Turbine also accepts MRF steam (by DeckerCHAN).
    *Fixed a worldgen issue changing probability.
    *Added additional worldgen logging with debug config enabled.
    *Changed code to compile also with IDEA.
    *Changed soldering iron behavior with not enough energy.
    *Changed large plasma gen output.
    *Added oreHeeEndium processing.
    *Added more shards in Magic Energy Converter.
    *Added thaumcraft liquid essentia as fuel to Magic Energy Absorber.
    *Added turbines disassemble(possible once they have taken damage).
    *Lowered disassembler runtime as in .09.
    *Fixed issue with lock upgrade.
    *Fixed fusion reactor not stopping without energy.
    *Fixed pump spawning infinite mining pipes.

• Awesome update!

There's something I've been curious about for a while: are tools meant to be able to have materials reclaimed or when they break do they just break? I've been able to put them in a disassembler but nothing comes out. Can materials be reclaimed in an arc furnace?

• GT Tools that reach 0 durability get destroyed and leave nothing behind. So to recycle them, you must leave some dura. The Arc furnace does not work on tools.

The tooltip of the disassembler tells how high the change for every crafting part is to be returned. Usually IV is a waste of energy, MV or HV a good average.
    The disassembler should only accept items that have the NBT tag "GT.CraftingComponents". Others will be ignored. In some cases there seems to be issues with adding the tag. To be sure, if you have minetweaker installed, type "/mt hand" to look at the NBT tags. If there is the right tag, disassembling should work. How much the disassembler returns only depends on it's tier. The damage of the tool has no influence on the outcome.