[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Please advise me: how to disable possibility of placing of IC2 Advanced Re-battery (128V) and Energy crystals (512V) into Greg's battery buffers? Their recipes are much easier than Greg's own batteries, but I want the players to use them instead of IC2-batteries. And is there any analog of Lapotron crystal (2048V) in Gregtech?

• Please advise me: how to disable possibility of placing of IC2 Advanced Re-battery (128V) and Energy crystals (512V) into Greg's battery buffers? Their recipes are much easier than Greg's own batteries, but I want the players to use them instead of IC2-batteries. And is there any analog of Lapotron crystal (2048V) in Gregtech?

Disabling them in Battery buffers is not possible. Adding that code wise is also not simple...

Removing the crafting recipes is also not that simple. They are used in other recipe and that means they are needed.

But, are they really more simple? The AdvRE might be simple, but it is only 1/4 of the capacity of an lithium MV battery.
    The energy crystal is also a bit smaller than the GT version and in this case even a lot more expensive.

• I feel like I'm going crazy trying to figure out these Redstone transmitters and receivers. I can't get any signal through even when trying best case scenarios (Redstone torch right under "in", "out" directly driving a lamp). Right clicking with a specific stack sets the frequency to a unique number. Screwdriver seems to change the increment/decrement behaviour on its own over time. These things are necessary to prevent LHE explosions but there's something I'm just not getting.

• in / out stands for inside block or outside block. So the RS torch must stand next to a "Transmitter (out)", the RS lamp must stand next to an "Receiver (out)". Then put the covers to the same frequency and it should work. How much or if plus/minus depends on were on the block you click like when wrenching.

• Thank you for the Update, Blood!
    Anyone knows the ratio for Essentia/EU and which can be used on the Magic Absorber? Didn't found on NEI;

• Thank you for the Update, Blood!
    Anyone knows the ratio for Essentia/EU and which can be used on the Magic Absorber? Didn't found on NEI;

https://github.com/Blood-Asp/G…api/enums/TC_Aspects.java
    The number in brackets behind the Aspects times 100 EU is the current value.
    I still need peope knowing about TC to look over them if they are balanced. For now i did guess them based on my limited knowlage.

• But, are they really more simple? The AdvRE might be simple, but it is only 1/4 of the capacity of an lithium MV battery.
    The energy crystal is also a bit smaller than the GT version and in this case even a lot more expensive.

It is hard to obtain large amounts of lithium whereas MV battery requires 32 dusts. It would be better to compare energy crystals with sodium MV battery (1.000.000 vs 800.000). Therefore, compared with Greg's batteries IC2's are cheating.
    Well, i can make recipes of IC2 batteries more expensive with minetweaker, but it's impossible to remove energy crystal and it's dust recipes from Greg's machines(((

• in / out stands for inside block or outside block. So the RS torch must stand next to a "Transmitter (out)", the RS lamp must stand next to an "Receiver (out)". Then put the covers to the same frequency and it should work. How much or if plus/minus depends on were on the block you click like when wrenching.

Thanks.

I'm still not understanding the in mode. I thought it would interact with other covers on the same block but it doesn't seem to do that.

I saw the changelog say that the Redstone transmitter in works when on the opposite side of a needs maintenance cover but I'm more interested in the fluid detector.

I can get it done with the boiler, EBF, and LHE using only (out)s but the large turbine and vacuum freezer aren't possible with what I know now.

• Thanks.

I'm still not understanding the in mode. I thought it would interact with other covers on the same block but it doesn't seem to do that.

A "Transmitter (in)" catches a RS signal emitted from the block it is attached to. One usage example i added is that the Needs Maintainance cover now lets the block it is attached to send out redstone on the opposide side. So one side the need maintainance cover, on the other side a transmitter (in).
    The "Reciver (in)" sends a RS signal directly in the block, not the covers attached. Well, making the machine controller work with that might be a good idea. Like wireless controlled shutters with only one block...

• For charcoal: First in Steam age: Charcoal Pile. Can not be automated. Stack a hill of logs on top of a layer of bricks, but dirt on top and on the sides. Place the Igniter block on top and rightclick it. After about 5-10min, depending on the size, the logs turn into brittle charcoal blocks that can be crafted into charcoal items.

At the end of LV or the beginning of MV, the Pyrolyse Oven will be added. It is basicly a fast and powerfull version of the RC Cokeoven. By rising the temperature, it is possible to created bio oil instead of charcoal in it.

Please, give us some information how-to :)
    I tried different forms of pile and cant get any succes.
    Also, where are no recipe yet? ( for lighter block and oven)

• Two little things, I know that are Greg's recipes, but I wanted to point (maybe was said before, but I've never seen mentioned):

Ingot on the extruder with the rod shape, shouldn't make a long rod, instead two normal ones? ( I know that's convenient that way, even so...)
    And why can't we use Hot Tungsten Ingot to make Tungstensteel? It's weird that I have to put it on a freezer, and then on furnace again, seems a waste of energy;

Nothing game changing, those are just things I keep thinking while i'm playing...

• Does turbine damage activate the needs maintenance cover? I'm just trying to think of some way of preventing an explosion if I leave it running. If the receiver in could control the machine controller I could do all sorts of things externally like a timer. Idk how much info an OC robot sitting in front of a turbine with an inventory controller. A robot sitting in front might even prevent the turbine from running.