I am confused as hell, still, on how to build a fluid reactor and use it with a LHE. Does anyone have a good, detailed, picture-by-picture explaining guide to this?
Somebody tell Axle I'll probably provide a picture walkthrough this week. He doesn't see my messages.
Short version without pictures
- Create a reactor that supports 5x5 mode (produces heat output). See 5x5 reactor threads on this forum for this, there's lots of options. Thorium is fantastic.
- The reactor produces Hot Coolant.
- Feed Hot Coolant plus Distilled Water into the LHE
- The LHE produces Steam (or SuperheatedSteam if you have enough Hot Coolant) and Cold Coolant
- Feed the Cold Coolant back into the Reactor (closed loop)
- Feed the Steam into your Turbines
- The Turbines produce Distilled Water (or Steam) and Energy
- Feed Distilled Water back into the LHE
- Feed Steam into a second Turbine (whcih produces Distilled Water) (Closed Loop)