[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• That's what I did and I found that it was actually enough for a 10% hit in EU output. That's pretty significant.

What I noticed, is that, the tank with the regulator is updated more frequently than the tank with the pipes.
    I had the impression that Greg pipes output about 2 times per second, while the regulated tank keep the marker running.

An easy (maybe) way to fix it (I think), and make regulators less relevant, would be to make the turbines check and consume fuel each second, instead each tick.
    So, a tungstensteel turbine will check the hatches each second for 20000L of steam and consume it, instead 1000L each tick.
    That would make it way more intuitive.

• Is there a way to make fuel ethanol in GT5u? Seems the fermenter and some water and sugar would be able to make this most important fuel.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Is there a way to make fuel ethanol in GT5u? Seems the fermenter and some water and sugar would be able to make this most important fuel.

I'm not sure if it's the same type of ethanol you're talking about, but NEI shows that Biomass can be distilled into Bio Ethanol, which can be used in a diesel generator.

• I investigated a little further and found something else: the distiller/distillation tower recipes I found for bio-ethanol require the fluid registered as just "biomass", which probably mainly comes from Forestry machines (my current instance doesn't have Forestry installed). The IC2 canning machine recipe with water and bio chaff would produce the fluid registered as "ic2biomass" (which outputs biogas and a couple other things when put into a distillation tower, rather than bio-ethanol).

• What version of Forge is recommended for the 5.09 branch? I have tried using local LAN for Forge 1428, but it crashes with the same error that 1447 does: molten metal liquids already registered, or something. I don't have the crash logs on this computer, but I assume the crash is known about given the big red text on the main post.

So my question is, does any version of Forge work for LAN multiplayer?

• Hello.

In 5.08.28 changelog the following change is listed:
    -Change large plasma gen output

Can someone explain what exactly was changed? When searching in the commit for "plasma" I only found that
    aOptFlow was changed from 40 to 20.

What does it mean to me as a player? Does it mean you know need 2x more turbines, since turbine will output 2x less EU/t? If that's the case it really sucks since you already needed 5 turbines for mk2 and now you're gonna need 10. For mk3 I'm not even gonna go how much pain it will be checking on all these rotors..

• Hey there,

iam currently powering my Beyond Reality MV-Age Base with 2 Large Steel Boilers and 4 advanced Steam Turbines. I just finished setting up my auto ore processing system and now I need more power.

I really like the principle of the large steam turbine but after a bit of testing I noticed that it BURNS through materials like nothing else.. A small titanium rotor lasted me roughly 3 hours... and with 28 titanium per rotor this wont be sustainable..

my questin is now: is there a material you would prefer over titanium? I plan on building a normal Rotor and want to use approx. 48.000L/sec.

My second question is: what power system do you guys use to transition into HV age? i was thinking about nuclear energy.

• I don't find any of the large turbines viable at all without tungstensteel rotors. I design systems to make close to some multiple of 10 B/s and use multiple large turbines as necessary. Also make large battery buffers (energy and lap xtals are cheap for what they are if you can afford such things) and run the turbines until those are full then turn them off. It reduces maintenance costs and wasted fuel.

Nuclear EU reactors cost a lot but make a huge difference when they start adding up. Thorium is a virtually endless supply of energy and if you make about 8 small ish reactors you can get upwards of 500 EU/t out of it.

• When making a water to centrifuge array I found something interesting: the rated temperature of wooden fluid pipes is higher than the temperature of hydrogen gas but they would still make a steam sound when passing it through. It also had a cool visual affect but I replaced them with copper pipes anyway since I wasn't sure if there was loss with it.

Also for some reason two LV transformers was not enough to keep 8 LV electrolyzers happy. I guess the cable loss is bigger than 2 EU/t 4 blocks in.

Also make regular backups... I just blew up three hours of building.

https://imgur.com/a/PMa9W

• When making a water to centrifuge array I found something interesting: the rated temperature of wooden fluid pipes is higher than the temperature of hydrogen gas but they would still make a steam sound when passing it through. It also had a cool visual affect but I replaced them with copper pipes anyway since I wasn't sure if there was loss with it.

GT5u wiki (reference) mentions that wooden pipes can't transport gases. Technically they can, but some of it vents out.

• Hi everyone. I have crash of client (already tesselating) when helium gas come in certus tank. Can't
    connect to server, client crashes. I try to remove optifine and change extracell2 versions: there is no matter.
    Gt5u 5.09.02, helium gas have not texture in receipe.
    Btw, how fix certus tank dupe when right click on steel/iron tank from RailCraft?
    Is there any normal alternative of some tank? BC cann't be installed))

• Hi everyone. I have crash of client (already tesselating) when helium gas come in certus tank. Can't
    connect to server, client crashes. I try to remove optifine and change extracell2 versions: there is no matter.
    Gt5u 5.09.02, helium gas have not texture in receipe.
    Btw, how fix certus tank dupe when right click on steel/iron tank from RailCraft?
    Is there any normal alternative of some tank? BC cann't be installed))

It is a galacticraft issue.

https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/issues/1664

• Is there a reason the fusion reactor needs a manual restart everytime our server restarts? That makes is impossible to use it as a constant power source...

• Uh, what's the point of the distillation tower numbers? Electrolyzing regular water gives the same outputs (and takes the same amount of time and EU) as electrolyzing distilled water, so it isn't really necessary to distill it first.

When I glanced through NEI I thought it implied that distilled water had to be use to electrolyze into hydrogen. They're off to the side because I already did the numbers and they don't hurt anything. They're not used in the actual EU calculations.

Also cool thing I learned today: machine controller + shutter modules can be used to control EU flow through cables. This makes turning machine arrays on and off easy.

Idk why that link died. Fucking google.
    https://docs.google.com/spread…NdF3xhWk/edit?usp=sharing