[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Hopefully found and fixed that issue. Should my test work, i will reupload.

Edit: Did the reupload. Changed only a '>=' into '>'.

I confirm, bug is fixed. Thank You.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• Hey there,

I have another question regarding the EBF.
    I want to make tungsten, the recipe says that in order to convert tngsten dust into hot tungsten ingots, I need 120EU/t with unspecified Voltage and Amperage for 500seconds.

My question is, can I overclock the blast furnace by using HV or EV energy hatches? Or is there another way to make it go faster than 8 1/2 minutes per ingot.

Thank you very much in advance, this thread has helped me alot ;)

• can I overclock the blast furnace by using HV or EV energy hatches?

Of course you can, similar to all GT recipes.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

• BTW, can HV transformer (in step-up mode) consume LV energy?

• Please ask Greg directly for that.

BTW, can HV transformer (in step-up mode) consume LV energy?

Yes, you can. Input of every lower tier voltage is allways possible. Only in most cases to slow for the nessary supply. To step up from LV Generators to HV or higher saves a lot of loss.

• Yes, you can. Input of every lower tier voltage is allways possible. Only in most cases to slow for the nessary supply. To step up from LV Generators to HV or higher saves a lot of loss.

Thanks, it's not for supply, its for transfer from array or RTGs to centralized energy storage.

• Yes, you can. Input of every lower tier voltage is allways possible.

But it seems to be it works only for GT transformers. 32->128 IC transformer can't output energy to 512->2048 GT Transformer.

• I haven't tested it but my partner is reporting that item pipes no longer outputting to AE2 input buses.

So it appears that the item pipes are taking in items and they will drop them if broken but do not show them as having anything inside them when using a scanner. This happens in SMP but not SSP.

• I have an Issue with the LHE/large steam turbine:
    https://i.imgur.com/H6rls4b.jpg

Im cooling down lava in the LHE, its working at its maximum output, so with 2000mb/s lava it should produce 80000mb/s of super heated steam. Those are outputed to 2 EV output hatches (40000mb capacity each).
    Next to those output hatches are the input hatches of high pressure steam turbines, also EV. I use huge tungstensteel turbines in those, they are specified for 40000mb/s optimal flow and 120% efficency, which should result in 2400eu/t.
    Attached to those turbines are normal turbines, also with EV hatches and tungstensteel turbines, they should produce 1200 eu/t and as much distilled water as is needed in the LHE.

I have IV output hatches on all turbines. As you can barely see there are 3 processing arrays behind one turbine pair, those host 14 MV centrifuges each to centrifuge all the lava, each one should consume 1120eu/t, so 2 are connected to the pressurised turbine, 1 to the normal turbine.

Now to the issues (those still happen when the setup ran for a few minutes):
    1. The turbines are not producing enough power. The pressurised should supply 2 processing arrays, but its only enough for one, the other one shuts down after a few seconds. The third processsing array also only runs for a few seconds...
    2. Im loosing distilled water. Not only once at startup, but for ever.

At first i had pipes between the LHE and the turbines, but that was a bottleneck, so i attached them directly to each other. Sadly the output hatches of the LHE still fill up to their maximum, so there is steam wasted. Since i cant look into the input hatch of the first turbine i dont know if it doesnt get transfered fast enough, or if the turbine is to slow processing it...

• The first issue i see here is that the two output hatches of the LHE do not evenly split steam, but first fill one and then the other. That would result in one turbine using 125% steam, wasting 25% of it. The other turbine would not get enough and also run at lower efficiency. But when really both output hatches are full, i'm not really sure about the issue. But loosing distilled water shows that somewhere hatches overfill. Likely the LHE output hatches as you said.

The first issue i see here is that the two output hatches of the LHE do not evenly split steam

How am i supposed to solve this? There is nothing which can somehow deal with 80000mb/s...

• A couple of questions:
    1) Do I understand correctly: now LHE converts 1L Hot Coolant into 20L steam or 10L SHS and 1L lava into 160L steam or 80L SHS?
    2) In what order LHE use output hatches? I mean as the position of the hatch affects his place in the queue to fill?
    3) In 5.09 have been changes some tool material properties, whether this affects on the properties of the turbine rotors?
    4.1) In what proportion is converted SHS into steam in HP Turbine?
    4.2) In what proportion is converted steam into distilled water in Turbine?
    4.3) In what proportion is converted distilled water into steam/SHS in LHE?
    5) Guys, who play on 5.09, how it feels? That's really alpha or almost beta?

• 5.09 is fun. I restarted to experience what it is really, and to use oil more. Usual obstacles (diamond hunt, cassiterite hunt).
    New rubber obstacle: find 42 small sulfur ore, what is enough for basic steam turbine, basic wiremill and basic centrifuge, when using IC2 copper cables. Now obsolete because of alternate circuit recipe, which eats redstone instead.
    Plastic is expensive. Distillation tower will make it much cheaper. For now I'm reserving it for HV tier things. (I'm going to power my universal macerator, while I still have no ore washer and I'm still moving my single fluid canner around).
    Nitro diesel is good and a good LV-era semi-automation practice (120 oilsands blocks -> 60 light fuel; 80 oilsands blocks -> 12 heavy fuel; all that to 72 diesel and then to 90 nitro-diesel. IHL helps to get nitrogen).

• Zac666
    I would say it pretty much beta, new features make mod much more cohesive and make progression curve much better.
    Also utilizes more of minecraft features to achieve your goals, that's always nice.
    Having a reason to farm wool is always a good reason.

Though few new machines still don't function, getting to level, which required to acquire them will take awhile.

• A small suggestion i think would be kinda neat:
    It has always bothered me a bit that the ash we get from various sources in gregtech are basically carbon with very limited usefullness (i usually make carbon mesh from it). Realistically the ash from combustion should contain the trace amount of inorganic elements found in the fuel that won't volatilize. So basically solid ash consists of trace amounts of a lot of different inorganic elements which for coal and biomass should be mainly K, Na, Ca, Mg, Fe, Al, P and Si to name the biggest ones (sulfur and chlorine typically leaves with the flue gas).

Wouldn't it be interesting for ashes to consists of trace elements of these elements rather than carbon as i think there are plenty of sources for that? This way it could also be a great source for the above mentioned elements through the electrolizer (and probably a few more aswell). If you wanted a bit more depth to it you could also make it so that you had three different ashes, one for coal based fuels, one for woody biomass and one for aggricultural biomass with varying content of elements based on the fuel type.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am i or are the other crazy