[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Hey,
    I have run into a problem when I load or create a world on singleplayer. I have narrowed it down so that I know the problem is between Gregtech and Forestry. Even with no other mods installed but Gregtech, ic2, and forestry the issue persists. The game doesn't crash, I just get the message "The state engine was in incorrect state ERRORED and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded." in the console and the game closes to the main menu. I am using Gregtech 5.08.33 and Forestry 1.7.10-3.6.6.24. I am using the FTB launcher. Do you know any way I could fix the problem?
    Thanks a lot

• I do believe your issue is GT works with Forestry 4. either turn off the GT bees or update to Forestry 4. My guess is your using Forestry 3.6 for binnies mods, if so lookup Binnie patcher by Chalcohead, then you can run Binnie's with Forestry 4.

• I do believe your issue is GT works with Forestry 4. either turn off the GT bees or update to Forestry 4. My guess is your using Forestry 3.6 for binnies mods, if so lookup Binnie patcher by Chalcohead, then you can run Binnie's with Forestry 4.

GT Bees are only included in GT 5.09+.

Ok thanks a lot I fixed the problem after installing Forestry 4 and gregtech 5.09.21

• Ok thanks a lot I fixed the problem after installing Forestry 4 and gregtech 5.09.21

I feel like this should be put in the main post somewhere; GT 5.08 requires Forestry 3; GT 5.09 requires Forestry 4 (or requires manually disabling compatibility for Forestry 3)

• I feel like this should be put in the main post somewhere; GT 5.08 requires Forestry 3; GT 5.09 requires Forestry 4 (or requires manually disabling compatibility for Forestry 3)

Actually, since GT 5.08 doesn't include bees, I would expect it to work with either Forestry 3 or 4. What you said about GT 5.09 seems accurate, though.

• 1280 Plutonium would require 6 * 9 * 400 * 1280 = 27648000 (or ~422 full chunks) red granite.

I know this is a significantly belated question, but temporarily setting aside the more efficient choices like plutonium ore (which only generates by default in GT 5.08, not in GT 5.09) or thermal-centrifuging depleted uranium rods, how does one get plutonium from red granite? Maybe recipes have changed, but in the current build of GT 5.09, I don't see a way to do that.

• I know this is a significantly belated question, but temporarily setting aside the more efficient choices like plutonium ore (which only generates by default in GT 5.08, not in GT 5.09) or thermal-centrifuging depleted uranium rods, how does one get plutonium from red granite? Maybe recipes have changed, but in the current build of GT 5.09, I don't see a way to do that.

There is a small chance to get small amount of uranium when macerating red granite. Then either centrifuge uranium dust or use uranium as nuclear fuel to get plutonium. Doable, but probably just for fun.

• There is a small chance to get small amount of uranium when macerating red granite. Then either centrifuge uranium dust or use uranium as nuclear fuel to get plutonium. Doable, but probably just for fun.

Let's see, a 1% chance to get a small pile of U-238 when putting red granite or red granite cobblestone in a universal macerator (not sure how I failed to notice that recipe), then a 2% chance to get a tiny pile of plutonium-244 by centrifuging the dusts? That doesn't sound fun, that sounds masochistic. However, I suppose if one were playing on a server with limited mining area and was having very bad luck finding any uranium or pitchblende veins (and for whatever reason couldn't trade with other players to get uranium or plutonium), it might be necessary to get it that way.

P.S. I don't really have much interest in playing on servers, but I am a bit curious how much area is typically allotted per player on servers for mining GregTech ore veins.

• P.S. I don't really have much interest in playing on servers, but I am a bit curious how much area is typically allotted per player on servers for mining GregTech ore veins.

IIRC on Kirara, it wasn't a specific area but they said try not to go past a certain distance from spawn, and based on # of players you could get an average area per person. It came out to many square kilometers each. On a related note, I calculated in a post last year that the rarest veins, like Platinum, would be expected to have one in a square area of 55 chunks on a side, or a circle of radius 31 chunks, which is just under 0.8 sq km (for default GT oregen). Of course expected isn't guaranteed, so each sq km lessens the chance that someone will get screwed, at least in the overworld.

• IIRC on Kirara, it wasn't a specific area but they said try not to go past a certain distance from spawn, and based on # of players you could get an average area per person. It came out to many square kilometers each. On a related note, I calculated in a post last year that the rarest veins, like Platinum, would be expected to have one in a square area of 55 chunks on a side, or a circle of radius 31 chunks, which is just under 0.8 sq km (for default GT oregen). Of course expected isn't guaranteed, so each sq km lessens the chance that someone will get screwed, at least in the overworld.

Shows how little I understand about playing on servers. :)
    I figured there'd be some assignment or claiming of mining areas to prevent them from running into each other.

That calculation still makes it rough for mining in the End without end asteroids, since iirc the end island usually only extends about 200-300 meters north-south and east-west.

• on Thylacraft servers we try to stay spread out by at least 1000 blocks for building and such but mining is kind of a first come first server thing, but we are very community oriented so if someone is in need we try to help them out or even tell them of a vein we have found and don't currently need.

• Even on DragTech, we use the comunity abbroach. And mine together and share our sucessfulö harveest, other than that we regenrate a new mining area every now and then, for keeping the ways to veins short for the players and the amount of chunks to create low for the server.

• 3. The needs maintainance Cover also outputs a Signal when the Turbine is below 25% Dura. Also Nuclear control Information Panels can now directly Show remaining Dura.

I get no signal from the need maintenance cover when turbine is below 25% durability.
    I have tried every settings on the need maintenance cover (screwdriver).
    - Emit if 1 Maintenance needed
    - Emit if 1 Maintenance Needed(inverted)
    - Emit if 2 Maintenance needed
    - Emit if 2 Maintenance Needed(inverted)
    - Emit if 3 Maintenance needed
    - Emit if 3 Maintenance Needed(inverted)
    - Emit if 4 Maintenance needed
    - Emit if 4 Maintenance Needed(inverted)
    - Emit if 5 Maintenance needed
    - Emit if 5 Maintenance Needed(inverted)

None of these settings emit a signal when turbine is below 25%, not even at 80%

Have not tried with Steam or Gas Large Turbine, only with Large Plasma generator. Is it coded for Large Plasma generator in Gregtech 5.09.21?

• Blood Asp, could you please take a look at magnetic tools?

I dunno if this was changed in later version, since I'm still playing 5.08.xx,

but right now Magnetic Iron / Steel has absolutely no value as tools, especially since Magnetic Steel Swords are even worse then regular Steel Swords, the latter atleast have the Sharpness II enchantment.

I dunno, some improved Mining Speed or similar could work for magnetic pickaxes (they are magnetic after all). Atleast a small something to make them a little different to the regular tools would be nice.

• Magnetic materials retain same physical properties.
    A magnetic sword is no better than a blessed sword.
    A magnetic screwdriver tip has some use in real life. But in Minecraft, there is nothing like tiny screws handling mishaps.
    Even a Minecraft Compass does not use a magnetic iron rod ingredient.

• Just a question. If it's possible, how do I make the EnderIO farming station accept GT fertiliser in addition to bonemeal? I'm not sure how to change it with Minetweaker.

• Just a question. If it's possible, how do I make the EnderIO farming station accept GT fertiliser in addition to bonemeal? I'm not sure how to change it with Minetweaker.

There is the unlikely possibility that it accepts items with a specific ore dict. What I would test is to see if it accepts any other mods' fertilizer. If it does, then check to see if EnderIOs and that other mods fertilizer have the same ore dict and if they do, add that ore dict to the GT version.

There is no such thing as Gregtech Fertilizer. IC2 has Fertilizer though.

Anyway, EnderIO support multiple kinds of Fertilizers but these are hardcoded and mod specific. No Ore-Dictionary or configurable setting.
    https://github.com/SleepyTrous…m/Fertilizer.java#L20-L91

And unfortunately no IC2:itemFertilizer

Supported fertilizers:
    Minecraft: Bone Meal
    Forestry: Fertilizer
    Botania: Floral Fertilizer
    Metallurgy: Fertilizer
    GardenCore: Compost Pile
    Magicalcrops: Fertilizer