[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Thank you! Then the ore distribution using COG should be just fine.

Yes actually; COG (and PFAA) were deliberately made natively compatible with GregTech back in 1.6, and if GT detects COG it disables its own ore generation and lets COG take over.

• Yes actually; COG (and PFAA) were deliberately made natively compatible with GregTech back in 1.6, and if GT detects COG it disables its own ore generation and lets COG take over.

As far as I can tell from the source code (see https://github.com/Blood-Asp/G…ad/GT_Worldgenloader.java), it detects PFAA automatically, but not COG by itself. Also note that GT only disables overworld ore generation when PFAA is installed, and actually adds some mix veins to the Nether that would normally be overworld-only.

• 2. If I understood the recent discussion about output hatches correctly, they only output half their capacity per second, meaning that you'd need 8 max-tier output hatches to handle 320000 L/sec, at which point it seems ridiculous to insist on being able to run it all through a single pipeline.

Even one LV output hatch can handle 320000 L/sec

• I don't see how that could be referring to the fluid pipes, since their stated capacities are already per second,

Unfortunately fluid pipe transport capacity are a little smaller, than tooltips says. For example Steel Fluid Pipe (4800L/sec) can't transfer enough steam to fill 3 Basic Steam Turbines, which should require 80L/t * 20 * 3 = exactly 4800L/sec

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• Two difficulties I anticipate with that suggestion:
    1. The large high-pressure fluid pipe is made from a huge tungstensteel fluid pipe and two Insane Voltage Pump covers, implying it acts like the pumps are pre-installed at each end, but it might not make sense to add a recipe with more than two pump covers.
    2. If I understood the recent discussion about output hatches correctly, they only output half their capacity per second, meaning that you'd need 8 max-tier output hatches to handle 320000 L/sec, at which point it seems ridiculous to insist on being able to run it all through a single pipeline.

1. The large HP fluid pipe made from LARGE TSteel pipe and I do not see any problem to pre-install 2 more pump cover inside pipe(It's a game anyway, why not? =) )
    2. I do not know what you're talking. I can't run 320000 L/sec with only one output hatch because don't have pipe for it.

Quoted from "MauveCloud"
    I don't see how that could be referring to the fluid pipes, since their stated capacities are already per second,
    Unfortunately fluid pipe transport capacity are a little smaller, than tooltips says. For example Steel Fluid Pipe (4800L/sec) can't transfer enough steam to fill 3 Basic Steam Turbines, which should require 80L/t * 20 * 3 = exactly 4800L/sec

I check it out, and Steel fluid pipe CAN tranfer enough steam for 3 Basic Steam Turbine( just add Shutter Module on each pipe(they are very cheap) with "only Output allowed" setting + pump cover on pipe which contact with turbine(cover must transfer fluid in next pipe)).

• I check it out, and Steel fluid pipe CAN transfer enough steam for 3 Basic Steam Turbine( just add Shutter Module on each pipe(they are very cheap) with "only Output allowed" setting + pump cover on pipe which contact with turbine(cover must transfer fluid in next pipe)).

Yep. 1-2 shutter and 1-2 pump cover is enough to fill 3 basic steam turbines due steel fluid pipe. BUT MV pump is needed. So i think using bigger pipes are chipper.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• Just FYI:
    I was able to fix that finally. I am using Power Converters to transform RF into GT EV/IV. The issue occured because the internal energy buffer of the Energy Bridge was too small to handle the power requirements for higher GT tiers. I have increased the energy buffer for now to meet my needs.
    Also there was an error with the newer Gregtech API which I was able to fix.
    I'll upload the modified Power Converters mod to my Github repository and place a link to it in portablejims Power Converter thread on minecraftforum.

• There's a limitation with NEI and GT recipes that has mildly annoyed me for a while, and I was wondering if it is possible to fix:
    Shift+clicking the "?" button in NEI to populate the crafting table with ingredients fails for GT recipes that include meta-tools or tiered components like motors, electric pistons, or pumps, even when I have them in inventory (an AE2 crafting terminal can populate with meta-tools, but not tiered components).
    I wouldn't be surprised if this has been asked before in the original GregTech thread, but it's hard to search for, since it could be described in different ways.

• Just a question: I am intending to add custom ore mixes in the World Generation config file. However, minecraft crashes upon loading when I enable the new ore mix as true in the config file. Here is the custom mix:

00 {
    I:density_0=3
    B:EndAsteroid_false=true
    I:MaxHeight_0=120
    I:MinHeight_0=5
    B:Nether_false=false
    I:OrePrimaryLayer_-1=81
    I:OreSecondaryLayer_-1=84
    I:OreSporadiclyInbetween_-1=84
    I:OreSporaticlyAround_-1=-84
    B:Overworld_false=true
    I:RandomWeight_0=1
    I:size_0=24
    B:TheEnd_false=true

I've also attached the crash report for reference.

• @bloodASP do you have integrated galactigreg into the GT5.09 branch?

Edit: the GT 5.09.xx changlog link refers to it self / the GT 5.09.xx can't be found on the changelog page.

• @bloodASP do you have integrated galactigreg into the GT5.09 branch?

Edit: the GT 5.09.xx changlog link refers to it self / the GT 5.09.xx can't be found on the changelog page.

The link from the changelog contents refers to the same page, but the link that's part of the actual changelog goes to the experimental changelog. As far as I can tell from that, only the end asteroids were migrated from GalacticGreg to GT 5.09, not the ore generation on Galacticraft planets.

• Hello,

Sorry for sarcasms below, but while I plan my large turbines setup, I can't find satisfactory monitoring solutions.

Here are the issues I struggle with:

• It seems wireless Redstone transmitters channels are shared across all players. If so; how can I prevent one player interfering with other player machinery/regulation by emitting in an occupied wireless channel?

• Machine Casings can not transmit Redstone. In order to pick a Redstone signal from a cover(Need Maintenance) I have to place some non-Casing (Input hatch) next to Maintenance Hatch (because an input hatch is the only non-Casing allowed at that place in Large Turbine. Stick a Wireless Redstone Transmitter cover to the Input Hatch next to the Need Maintenance Cover on the Maintenance Hatch to piggy-back need maintenance cover Redstone signal on a hopefully unoccupied Wireless Channel. This, because all edges and corners of a Large Generator are made of Redstone incompatible Turbine Casings.
      This looks very inconvenient.

• So, after dealing with 1. and 2. inconvenient setup; how do I monitor exhausted turbines to be replaced?
      Say I have 12 Large Generators here.
      These may not run continuously or on equal load.
      Turbines will need replacement at various times.
      If I don't want to go checking each turbine routinely and don't want to handle a maintenance log (I want to play and have fun. Having have another boring and unpaid duty in a virtual world is not fun).
      So I seek a way to report Need Maintenance and Dead Turbines alerts or possibly Turbine Remaining Durability in a central monitoring panel, I could check in a blink; rather than go about controller and maintenance hatches of all 12 Large Generators.

Here is how my initial layout look like:
    I have not set input hatch next to maintenance hatch and think I will be forced to. Any alternate solutions are welcome.

Aside questions. Blood-Asp merged today new tiered turbine casings. My concern is it will break my existing Plasma Generators; as the new code now requires Robust Tungstensteel Turbine Casings.
    I have a possibility to cheat give me, new casings to not waste those in use now. Is there a turbine casing in-world migration plan? Sound unlikely as Casings are non-ticking tiles. But controller could convert old casings if found during structure integrity check. Would be ok if old casings recipes are removed.

• 1. There are 2.1 billion frequenzys for wireless Redstone. Choose Channels outside the first 1k and there should be no issue.

2. The needs maintainance Cover goes on the controller block, not maintainance Hatch. The maintainance Cover has special Code to output its RS Signal on the opposite side of the block as well were it can be send by using an wireless Transmitter(in) on the same controller block. So no other block for Cover needed.

3. The needs maintainance Cover also outputs a Signal when the Turbine is below 25% Dura. Also Nuclear control Information Panels can now directly Show remaining Dura.

4. The Turbine casing will have to be changed by Hand. The old ones will have Recycling recipes, so no Materials lost.

• Thank you very much, that make it very clear now.

Could you please have a look at https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/502
    Either I did not understand how Fluid Regulator Covers works or there is an inverted logic issue.