[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Hi everyone

Before opening a GitHub issue without the further testing in other machines than the transformer, can anyone explain me the config of InputRF (in Overpowered Stuff) what it means?
    Does it mean that RF conduits/kinesis pipes/fluxducts can connect and power GT machines with RF or it only allows the connection of RF cables to a transformer in order to be converted to GT EU?

• What exactly does the change to neutronium mean for turbines? They now produce 4 times the energy at 4 times the plasma usage for 4 times longer time till it breaks, right?

• Hi everyone

Before opening a GitHub issue without the further testing in other machines than the transformer, can anyone explain me the config of InputRF (in Overpowered Stuff) what it means?
    Does it mean that RF conduits/kinesis pipes/fluxducts can connect and power GT machines with RF or it only allows the connection of RF cables to a transformer in order to be converted to GT EU?

As Blood Asp said, GT transformers will pull RF from RF storage blocks, this includes Fluxduct, since it has an internal capacity, but not Super-Laminar fluxduct, since it does not. It does not make the GT transformer implement IEnergyReceiver, so RF cannot be pushed into the transformers. If you don't mind building GT5U yourself, adding true RF support (either to just the transformers, or to everything) is trivial.

Edit: If you want, I can supply a patch that makes all GT blocks accept RF, I can't supply a build unless you want sundry other changes.

• I find modpack: newhorizons and he use gregtech mod (gregtech-5.08.33.27) + (GTNewHorizonsCoreMod-1.7.10-1.1.43) this is first alternative.
    Second alternative is your gregtech (gregtech-5.09.22pre.jar)

What alternative is better ?

It's better to using the regular version 5.09 of you are not using my whole pack. Maybe you run in errors because some mods and materials are missing.I modified Gt 5.08 a bit but only for the Modpack Gt new Horizons. New Materials are added like from Ender Io Draconic Evolution or Stevens Carts. A ebf tier 3 is added and more larges cells. In the core mod most of Gt machines in the Luv Zpm and uv category are added. We have new batteries for this tiers and new crafting items like motors and conveyor belts. A new low tier tin pipe for items and many more.
    The new features like the new machines from 5.09 are not included but I am planing this soon make a custom Gt 5.09 version.

• It's better to using the regular version 5.09 of you are not using my whole pack. Maybe you run in errors because some mods and materials are missing.I modified Gt 5.08 a bit but only for the Modpack Gt new Horizons. New Materials are added like from Ender Io Draconic Evolution or Stevens Carts. A ebf tier 3 is added and more larges cells. In the core mod most of Gt machines in the Luv Zpm and uv category are added. We have new batteries for this tiers and new crafting items like motors and conveyor belts. A new low tier tin pipe for items and many more.
    The new features like the new machines from 5.09 are not included but I am planing this soon make a custom Gt 5.09 version.

Nice to see, that you plan to update your pack to the 5.09 branch. Is there any information about when we can maaaybe expect this to happen? I do plan to setup a server with your pack and I would really like to use the new version in this, so I will patiently wait :)

• Very thanks for your answer DreamMasterXXL i start server and use 5.09.21 gregtech and if you over GTNewHorizonsCoreMod on 5.09 version I add on my server.
    I please you create alone GTNewHorizons Mod because if i use your complete modpack GTNewHorizons then my server have not sufficient RAM and power.

Today finish my modpack MinecraftByMito GT5 (you can look on techlauncher)

Thanks

• lperkins2 Any more progress on the machine tier changes?

I think I've got the bugs worked out. I deployed the changed version to my server; so far everyone seems to love the changes and there's been a bunch of machine upgrading taking place. I still have a bit more work to do, just from a code quality perspective. I basically just hacked over the existing algorithms instead of properly implementing the new ones (faster to write when I wasn't sure if it would balance well). That said, it runs as intended.

If anyone wants to check it out and give feedback, that'd be great. Download is here: http://alestan.publicvm.com/bin/gregtech.jar

There are a couple other minor changes to note if you run it on an existing world.

Tool life is extended about 100 fold, unless you abuse the tool (attacking monsters with wire cutters, digging with a wrench, et cetera).

Gregtech machines, batteries, and generators accept and output RF. I'm still working a bit on this: rf cables connect to anything, even if the machine doesn't have any capacity (like an input bus). That problem is mostly cosmetic. It also introduces a hard dependency on the COFH API, since I hadn't intended to publish it and didn't check if COFH is available. You can disable this if you copy GT_MetaTileEntity_BasicMachine.class from the standard jar file into the custom one.

Advanced Miner 2 silk-touches up any ore block (not just GT ones), and then pulverizes them.

Plasma turbines output the cooled version of whatever plasma you feed them, assuming a cooled version exists and there is space for the output.

GT Bees are disabled (conflict with old version of forestry)

• Advanced Miner 2 silk-touches up any ore block (not just GT ones), and then pulverizes them.

Can you make that a PR on the github? Planned to add that long ago but did not find time till now and coding something that already exists is unnessary.

Plasma turbines output the cooled version of whatever plasma you feed them, assuming a cooled version exists and there is space for the output.

Also something i had planned long ago and would like to see a PR about this.

GT Bees are disabled (conflict with old version of forestry)

There is a config option for that because of the old foresty version. No need to code that.

• Can you make that a PR on the github? Planned to add that long ago but did not find time till now and coding something that already exists is unnessary.

Also something i had planned long ago and would like to see a PR about this.

There is a config option for that because of the old foresty version. No need to code that.

Sure, I just created a pull request for the advanced miner fix, I don't know how to make additional changes to my repo without them getting included in the PR, so I'll add the plasma change once this one is dealt with.
    As for the bees, it's an old patchset I wrote for GT5 and have just reapplied with the move to GT5U and with each update. I hadn't checked if it got properly fixed; since it is now configurable, I'm rebuilding it without that patch and will upload the bee-enabled version in a couple minutes.

https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/pull/542